Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Keepin' it on the down-MOE

P1020847.jpg

P1020862.jpg

• MOE Stock w/ 0.70" Buttpad *
  • G&P VLTOR 5-Position Buffer Tube
  • ASAP
  • G&P VLTOR Upper & Magpul Lower
  • MOE Pistol grip w/ Metal Base Plate Upgrade
  • Gen 2 Rear MBUS *
  • B.A.D. Lever
  • ACM T-1 w/ Dytac QD Mount
  • G&P Barrel Nut/Delta Ring Set
  • Crusader Tech 14.5" Outer Barrel with Mid-Length Gas Block Mounting
  • Mid-Length MOE Handguards *
  • MVG *
  • MSA *
  • TM Handguard Cap
  • G&P VLTOR Gas Block/Front Sight
  • G&P KAC Triple Tap Break
  • All G&P Internals save for the TM 363mm Inner barrel

* RS

My original inspiration for this build came way back at the start of '10 when I saw some of the rifles on show at the Magpul stand during SHOT that year. Given the lack of a suitable outer barrel various other projects took precedence for a while, but when Crusader released their line of barrels around the end of last year, I decided to take it as a good sign to get on with putting this thing together.

Unfortunately the root of the outer barrel as well as the corresponding area inside the upper receiver required significant dremel work. The buffer tube was fairly resistant to actually coming off and the mounting area on the barrel was too wide for King Arms VLTOR block that I had purchased for use with this rifle. Once that lot was out of the way though I think the end result came out fairly nicely.

The stock has the tightest fit around the buffer tube that I've ever encountered on an AR so a CTR definitely would've been a waste of money. The BAD is perhaps excessive but I think they aesthetic gains are worth the ~3-4 grams that it adds in weight. Overall, the longer handguards suit my grip method far better than carbine ones, the sling mounts combine for extremely quick and easy transitioing between a myriad of positions and all within a relatively lightweight package (kept in check by all the plastic). What I really wanted out of this was something that would be extremely fast, practical and comfortable to skirmish with, and I think I've achieved that reasonably well.

P1020874.jpg

P1020867.jpg

P1020871.jpg

PTS ACR, ready at last.

P1020879.jpg

Sorry, what was that? You wanted an actual gun instead of a load of bits strewn about the place? Oh go on then, since you asked nicely.

Option 1:

P1020897-1.jpg

P1020900.jpg

Option 2:

P1020912.jpg

P1020906-1.jpg

When I had a random fit of thinking I was some kind of pro photographer:

P1020880.jpg

P1020913.jpg

P1020887.jpg

P1020883.jpg

Not much of the picture in the moment but - I sent my PTS receiver set for anodizing today. By friday we all should see results.

Keep fingers crossed - although sample I sent before (cut off piece of lower extension) appeared suitable for the process, no one knows what will happen.

Edited by MRF

I see you did the sling conversion as well haha

I think everyone needs to at the moment to be honest, certainly anyone running an adaptable sling. At this time, for me anyway, nobody out there makes a sling that's 'right', but it's pretty easy to make one for yourself without any actual gear manufacturing knowledge. I've taken a few detailed photos and I've got quite a lot of thoughts on the subject so I'll post about that properly somewhere else.

Allright guys it's been a long time coming. Finished the MAGPUL / Block II:ish build last week and got my new camera and equipment this week, so I spent the weekend trying to figure out the new camera, both photo and video. The pics aren't top notch, not used to the new camera, rushed the actual taking of them and the editing as well, and the video is my first DSLR footage ever with the new camera, new equipment and also first video editing, so be gentle! I am getting some new lenses for the camera this week so I can take some proper shots and take my time editing them to show off the rifle the way it deserves. Oh yeah, gonna strip it down to a lighter build once I get the pics done, it's too heavy and bulky, gonna remove PEQ, M3X and the 30mm and put on a T1 instead.

:)

BTW the camera is a Nikon D7000 with kit lens 18-105 DX, filming in 1920x1080p 24fps.

And here is the goods:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62JyGy_Eeec

And pictures:

001.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Kit list:

WE/AFC COLT M4 CQBR OPEN BOLT

WE M4 CO2 MAGAZINES WITH MAGPUL PMAG 30 MAGLEVEL SHELLS

MADBULL DANIEL DEFENSE RIS II MK18 9.5"

MADBULL DANIEL DEFENSE LOW PROFILE GAS BLOCK

ELEMENT M3X TACTICAL ILLUMINATOR

ELEMENT AN/PEQ-16A POINTER ILLUMINATION AIMING LIGHT

ELEMENT DOUBLE REMOTE CONTROL

G&P 30MM RED/GREEN DOT SIGHT

G&P MK18 MOD 0 30MM RED DOT SIGHT STRAIGHT MOUNT

TSC AMBIDEXTRIOUS SAFETY LEVER

TSC VLTOR BCM GUNFIGHTER EXTENDED LATCH CHARGING HANDLE

DS ARMS 6-POSITION MIL-SPEC BUFFER TUBE

DPMS BUFFER TUBE LOCK RING

DPMS EJECTION PORT COVER ASSEMBLY

DPMS FORWARD ASSIST ASSEMBLY

DPMS PIVOT PIN

DPMS TAKEDOWN PIN

DPMS MAGAZINE CATCH BUTTON

DPMS MAGAZINE CATCH SPRING

NORGON AMBIDEXTRIOUS MAGAZINE RELEASE

DPMS SAFETY SELECTOR DETENT SPRING

DPMS SAFETY SELECTOR DETENT

DPMS TAKEDOWN AND PIVOT PIN DETENT

MAGPUL CTR BUTTSTOCK

MAGPUL BUTTSTOCK 0.70" EXTENDED TACTICAL PAD

MAGPUL AFG2 FOREND GRIP

MAGPUL MOE PISTOL GRIP

MAGPUL MOE TRIGGER GUARD

MAGPUL MBUS GEN2 FRONT & REAR SIGHTS

MAGPUL RSA

MAGPUL ASAP

MAGPUL B.A.D. LEVER

MAGPUL XTM PANELS

Edited by NonEx

Thanks for the comments, CK, I think your photos above are actually better but just wait until I get the hang of this new camera :D

Ah yeah, the Element PEQ... I was looking around at a lot of PEQ units before deciding but the review in this forum actually convinced me. Relatively cheap, has alot of features and looks accurate. I almost bought a G&P PEQ II unit for 180 USD... *shrug*

Here are mine :)

VFC colt/hk416 DEVGRU Build

sam0036z.jpg

sam0037va.jpg

sam0038s.jpg

Beta Project Tactical MAG-K-001 (i have already replaced the flashhider to one that hides the inner barrel (maybe i'll take new pics this week)

imga0034.jpg

Magpul PTS ACR

- I have a SCAR AAC type flash hider on this because i think it looks better than the PTS black out that i have.

img0334wp.jpg

Edited by war_veteran117

Some great builds guys! Keep 'em coming!

I posted this is the MS3 review thread aznriptide859 started but I thought I'd share it here too ...

The sling Travis used in those new videos of his is a modified MS3 sling. You can tell by looking at the hardware. I know first hand since I've seen the sling in person in classes he's taught. I've also seen various different iterations of the MS3 hardware over the last year. The last few months leading up to release the hardware went through small changes, but the final design was the best.

The hardware on the MS3 slings will be black on all color variations of the MS3 sling. The only color differences between the various MS3 slings will solely be the webbing. Testing was conducted on non-black hardware (FDE etc) and the polymer was simply not as strong as the 100% black formula. It was strong, and probably good enough for 99% of most users, but the design requirements by the T&E team called for the black formula. It should also be noted that the polymer used for this hardware was a completely new formula and it is in fact far stronger than the brass hardware used on the original MS2.

Something I mentioned on AR15 and a few other RS forums, what I really liked and was comforted by with the original MS2 was that I could lock the "Lock Jaw" Shackle and visually ID it as such at a glance. On the MS3, I liked the ease of unlocking and locking the paraclips' cross-bolt lock bar. But the more I used it the more I wished I had a quick visual ID as to whether the shackle was locked or not like with the MS2. I grabbed my paint pen one night with the intent of painting the unlocked side of the cross bolt lock bar and immediately noticed that Magpul had the foresight to include a small detent on the top and bottom of the lock bar. Saved me the hassle of dremeling a small dimple into the bar. A quick dab of paint and I'm very pleased.

The two ends of the MS3 paraclips, the left paraclip is unlocked and the right paraclip is locked:

ms3lockweb.jpg

ID'ing whether the clips are locked or unlocked is now just as quick as with my MS2.

I've used the MS3 in a few games now as well as in several carbine classes (Costa Ludus and a few CAG taught classes) over the last few months. I've been exceptionally happy with the improvements over the MS2. Consumers just need to remember that the sling has to be adjusted to the individual's size as soon as you get it. You wouldn't believe how many people pull the sling out of the packaging the first time and assume it's going to be good to go right out of the gate. And I'm not just talking about airsofters. This happens a lot with RS shooters too. RTFM!

Who knows why exactly they bought it. Maybe they thought it'd make them better shooters, or maybe just because they heard it was the new cool kit to have. The problem is that people assume the sling will be perfect for everyone right out of the packaging. Like it's sized the same for someone who's 4' 11" as it is for someone who is 6' 7". To get the most out of the sling it needs to be setup appropriately for the user.

ETA: Moose nailed it.

Edited by uscmCorps

Just wondering how you're planning to install the ASAP. Since the QD sockets on your KAC style receiver will get in the way, are you planning to shave your ASAP or your QD sockets?

I kept the stock plate it came with and then filed down a little bit of the wings.

6803778233_e30b9dc6e3_z.jpg

Fit like a gem.

Also, I didn't use the AEG version. I got a deal on the GBBR version, but I got it to fit fine with a light dremel use.

Edit: added pic

Edited by BrooklynBorn