Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

I'm using the GHK PDW mags in it at the moment; According to WGC they're optimized for the PDW, and won't work with a WA system gun, but I can't think why they wouldn't; The only real difference is a lack of a valve lock assembly. [...] I should be able to test a G&P Pmag in it in a couple of weeks, so I'll put it up on here how that goes.

I'm also curious to see if this thing will take WA-compatible mags, like my ProWin V2s. Not having to buy new mags could tip the balance of my next purchase from true SMG (new Marui MP7 or KSC MP9) to a PDW.

I'm also curious to see if this thing will take WA-compatible mags, like my ProWin V2s. Not having to buy new mags could tip the balance of my next purchase from true SMG (new Marui MP7 or KSC MP9) to a PDW.

It *should* be fully WA Mag compatible, according to all the website info - Thankfully a friend of mine owns both Prowin V2's and G&P Pmags, so I should get a chance to test both at some point. I'm pretty confident I'm seeing him on the 11th of November at the sandpit, however with some luck I'll see him before then.

As far as I know, WA mags work in the gun and GHK do two types of GG Mags - One for WA system guns (Which also work in the PDW), and one optimized for the PDW, which are the ones I bought. These are listed as not suitable for a WA M4, but I don't really believe that's the case - The only noticeable difference is the lack of the valve lock assembly.

Well, when it comes to a compact CQB gun with WA-system STANAG compatibility it's either this, or (for me, anyway) heavily converted Steyr AUGs/MagPul PDWs (although, incidentally, I would kill for the opportunity to make either of those). That said, when you're having to machine an entirely custom bullpup gas system, and throw away the internals of an AEG (PDW) or illicitly acquire a RS STANAG stock (AUG) the magazine cost is least of your worries. Keep us updated - and good luck!

Edited by PureSilver

I guess it is. The KWA OEM extension is around 5" which I always thought was odd since it starts right where a carbine's triangle fixed front sight ends. I was always under the impression that removing the OEM extension would give you a 10.5" barrel but obviously that wouldn't be the case if the OEM extension is 5" long.

Correct. It's the Midwest Industries 12" Gen 2 SS-Series Freefloat. I really like it. It's super low profile, slim/skinny (feels thinner than the Troy/VTAC rails), easy to install and relatively inexpensive (compared to other RS rails).

ETA: link ^^.

Edited by uscmCorps

Uscm- How'd you attach the (Larue?) handstop? Mini rail section that I'm not seeing or...?

On that particular Midwest Industries rail, it has threaded holes all along the rail for mounting Midwest Ind. picatinny rail sections. I simply took a LaRue handstop, trimmed off the excess material that would normally prevent it from sitting flush against the rail, drilled a hole through the handstop and used one of the included pic rail section screws to affix the handstop in place. I also did this to my other LM4 with the VTAC Alpha Rail. but for that one I did need to use a Troy pic rail section backer (included with the rail) to bolt it in place.

Titleist wrote a great tutorial on it on AR15.com which is highly worth checking out:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/215400_Tutorial__Adapting_the_LaRue_Handstop_to_non_railed_forearms_.html