Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

My Mid-Length MOE is on the bottom:

DSCN0519_zps8a71b4de.jpg

CA M15A4. ACM Surefire muzzle break. Magpul mid-length handguard. Magpul Scout mount. GG&G light ring. Solarforce L2. Magpul MVG. Magpul sling mount. VTAC 2-point sling. AMP Micro dot. ACM KAC BUIS. Magpul PTS trigger guard. Magpul PTS MOE grip. Magpul MOE stock.

I like the MOE handguards but hate how they didnt run the accessory holes all the way back so I cut a new one for the sling mount. Going to paint it soon.

Also kagami, what's that thing that looks like a violently textured handstop? At the front of the 6 o'clock rail.

I'm fairly sure it's a barricade support; Basically so you can shove the gun up against a wall/other piece of cover and it'll provide a more stable firing platform.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a Dytac URX 3 to see if it might be possible to use a thinner rail on a TM SOCOM, given that it's one of the few designs with an easily removable lower quadrant for battery access.  Unfortunately, once fitted the barrel ended up being significantly canted to the right for some reason, so I din't get a chance to try and squeeze a 7.4v nun-chuck in there.

IMG_1049_zpsba84908a.jpg

If I can ever figure out what caused the stock barrel to end up being so far off true I'll give it another try.  For now I've had to go back to the 12" Dytac barrel with 10" King Arms Troy MRF.

It's down to the poor way that Dytac thread them. I had the same problem with a Dytac URX 3 (though it was the imperial threaded one for a PTW, not the metric threaded one that you have there). Strangely, the metric threaded URX 3.1 I have sits perfectly, but the URX 3 I had was dire - WAY too much free play (not that the URX 3.1 is much better!)

Edited by QQexDERA

This case wasn't actually down to the Dytac, I don't believe anyway.  I swapped around and combined 3 SOCOM uppers, 2 x 14.5" TM barrels, 2 x TM barrel bases, a Dytac barrel, a PDI barrel, 2 TM SOPMOD type barrel nuts, 3 different RS-style airsoft barrel nuts, various shims... put basically every different part on each upper in all the combinations I could, and the 14.5" barrels were always wonky except for one very specific setup.

That's why I'm rather stumped, you'd expect maybe 1 or 2 bits out of all that to maybe have slight errors but all that stuff?  I thought it might be the fact of having to use shims with anything but the weird proprietary TM barrel nuts, but the Dytac barrel sat straight in every config and that needs shims when using a normal style nut as well.  Bit of a mystery.

Edited by CKinnerley

What size battle rail and barrel combo in your last pic please? Looks lovely!

Thanks man - It's a 9" VTAC Rail with a standard M4A1 14.5" barrel; It's got a removable 4" extension on the barrel, I generally run it as a 10.5 in games but the 14.5 looks way better.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my finished M7A1 CQB weapon. It has Magpul Miad grip and trigger guard, CTR stock, MOE foregrip and runs P Mags. It is metal bodied and RIS with a chinese T1 sight. Internally it has been shimmed and runs M100 spring chrono'ing at 340FPS with a Madbull Ultimate hop, blue rubber and 6.03 tightbore.

b23d303a-4ffd-4ce1-a385-74827fb241d3_zps