Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Just removed the front sight.

You only need a flat screwdriver to push up the tension spring and a small pin pusher and you're done.

And I am going to see if I can shorten the barrel by another 2 inches.

Like me? Lol... You need to do the front sight rail mod :P

Like me? Lol... You need to do the front sight rail mod :P

I am not going to go that far.

BUt I would appreciate it If you told me what you did to the barrel.

Let's face it, a 11,5inch CQB barrel, is not CQB enough.;)

I am not going to go that far.

BUt I would appreciate it If you told me what you did to the barrel.

Let's face it, a 11,5inch CQB barrel, is not CQB enough.;)

Cut, cut, lathe and re-attach. It's pretty straight forward. Here's a pic of my cut point behind the gas block. I then used a micro-hex screw to secure it and prevent twisting. You'll also notice I had to relocate the cosmetic spring to the front as the back of the gas tube was cut shorter than the front section.

bf44a2b1.jpg

7b0a685d.jpg

Well, that gas piston definitely wouldn't work, heh. Not that anyone should give a *fruitcage*, it's a freakin airsoft gun.

Top stuff noveske, as per usual. +1

Well it's hidden for the most part anyways, but I had a hard time trying to get it to fit in the rear half witihout cutting the spring as well (got lazy!).:D Whoever wants to replicate my mod can do what I was too lazy to do ;)

EDIT: And here is the front sight mod underneath the sight. I didn't take pictures during the process, but I'll do so on my black ACR which is currently in the works... again.. been a bit busy (and lazy!) to do any work lately. Projects are piling up!

85a17469.jpg

6eeb32fb.jpg

Edited by Noveske

That's some amazin stuff, Noveske! With my skills, this would look like a metal massacre!

I'm wondering, though...If I measured correctly, the 10.5 version will need a shorter gas system anyway

one more shot of mine, this time with an Eo on top

Thanks. Are you planning to get the RIS to build an SBR?

Thanks. Are you planning to get the RIS to build an SBR?

Really not sure yet. I very much dislike how the gas system and the front sight poke out of the RIS in the 14" and 11" versions, so for now I'll stick with the polymer handguard and some MOE rails. Also, I played her CQB like she is in the last pic, and it works well enough once you collapse the stock.

Nearly done, again, at last :) Last few bits on route in post, or being acquired at the end of the month.

mjabn4.jpg

Not sure about the dust cover. I got it engraved just as a minor detail finish, but not sure if I should keep it or put on a normal one?

t64it1.jpg

Edited by bOp

Nearly done, again, at last :) Last few bits on route in post, or being acquired at the end of the month.

Not sure about the dust cover. I got it engraved just as a minor detail finish, but not sure if I should keep it or put on a normal one?

ah... bOp, now I know what you're up to! My Noveske has another sister! Welcome to the family!

A couple of updated pics:

6dd96ef7.jpg

a793a9ca.jpg

@ bop: about the "nearly done" part, you're missing something on the inside, there... :P

Oh don't remind me :D I've being at this now changing my mind for the best part of a year and a half. Definitely by May, I will be completely done.

I have came full circle, this way back in August 2010 this build. Then back to Magpul and now Noveske -.-

96293890.jpg

@hwagan.

I assume the smallish case is for ease of travel? Pretty nifty idea.

@hwagan.

I assume the smallish case is for ease of travel? Pretty nifty idea.

Partly, it is very handy - However, it was mainly inspired by the M7A1 'Storm' case the real deal comes with. The idea was to build an M7 that was pretty damn close to the factory job, with a few personal touches - Plus, since i started airsofting i always wanted a blaster i could whip out of a small briefcase and clip together, assassin style :P

By the way, both the previous rifle and the Noveske build look awesome - Can't wait to see it finished!