Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Updated the Chinadoll:

Great one.

Only thing I would remove is this silver aluminium (I suppose) ring, attached between barrel and AAC. I see it often among air soft guns, and it's not looking good IMHO.

I envy You that RS 553 ;).

How does that G&P IR hold its zero?

So far, pretty well. Actually, I'm rather impressed by the zeroing mechanism on it. The dials click and twist without tension and each click moves the position by an equal amount. Lasers/illuminator has high & low power modes which are relatively bright although I would've preferred a green laser over the red one (the red laser is still quite bright). It's very solidly built. Much more so than the VFC PEQ-15.

Thanks guys!

This actually started because I bought a ProWin gearbox. Once I got the gearbox I thought to myself that for such a unique and special gearbox, I need to build a unique and special rifle; I didn't want to throw it into some random M4. I thought that'd be like putting a Lamborghini engine into a Fiero :P So I just wanted to build something I've never seen before.

I'm actually not crazy about AFGs, but for some reason, paired with MOE on this gun, it just feels more natural to use the AFG. I had a vertical grip on there before and I ended up taking it off because the AFG is more comfortable and natural. I think its due to the lower profile of the MOE.

Azn its actually not; but I am using your TBB. I still have both your outer and that Larue rail just sitting in my parts box for the past year because I don't know what to do with them. Looks like I'll just have to build another M4. :P Your outer was too long for what I wanted; I wanted the Fire Pig to sit back as far as possible and be kind of shrouded by the front of the MOE so I had to get a shorter barrel. It was actually a major pain in the *albatross* because trying to find that perfect length was damn near impossible. I ended up getting a 10.5" outer that was just a bit too short and so I added a CCW to CW adapter to it to get it to an acceptable length.

The front sight was also a pain in the *albatross* since I didn't had a gas block or barrel mounted front sight I had to mount it on the MOE somehow. Well, with the MOE rail set, the front sight ended up sitting way too high. After a few months of searching, I found a short rail from a JP rifles handguard/FFR thingy that was almost half as tall as the MOE rail and it ended up fitting almost perfectly. I had to grind the bottom a little to make it more flat but other than that it worked like a charm.

As for parts, the externals are pretty simple as there is not a lot going on:

UBR Stock

Magpul FDE Metal body with MUR upper

553 EoTech (both a black and a tan so I could swap shrouds as I didn't want to paint)

MBUS

Mid-length MOE Handguards

JP Rifle Handguard front sight rail

MOE Rail Set

AFG

10.5" Outer Barrel

CCW to CW Thread Adapter

Fire Pig

MIAD Grip

Did you want internals as well?

Its not that I don't like it, its just that something seems a little... off about it. :huh: I can't put my finger on it. I dunno, maybe its the top cover; I think I liked it better when you had the ribbed top. All in all it looks like you had quite a trip getting to this point :P