Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

It takes some time to get over the stigma :P

...and then you realise "oh *suitcase*.. why the *fruitcage* was I using all that other wobbly, creaky, feature-barren, un-ergonomic junk for so long?".

Meanwhile: Haters continue to peddle the 'it's nothing but fashion' line. Entirely forgetting the base reason that things become fashionable.

But anyway...

Ok, I'm no photographer by a long shot, but here it is. It has gone from this:

agm037cqbcompactseal.jpg

Yes. Yuck, I know.... Bought it as a solid and cheap base gun, right when there wasn't many about.

And now she looks like this:

l.jpg

l.jpg

A vast improvement I'm sure you'll agree. :) I know I'm very happy with her now.

Edited by scorch
  • 4 weeks later...

P1020238.jpg

Yes, somebody has actually bought some of those things. That was me.

Anyway, before I start posting pics of guns I'd like to give a big thanks for Frogfish for being an all round top bloke and shipping some of the parts over to me so that I can use all RS Magpul stuff in the build, cheers mate.

So yeah, fairly substantial update to my WOC collection, big enough to warrant a photoshoot and a post I figured. The original 'set' as it were, was based on an M7A1 and a Sentry which I chopped and changed, bought some extra barrels, receivers and other parts. Nabbed myself another whole rifle from WGC about 2 months ago with the intention of amalgamating it with everything else, and feeling like going for something different this time I opted for a fairly plain 11.5" 'Commando' that was produced as part of the original batch of WOCs that G&P shipped out. Much to my dismay however, it turned out that G&P had altered the dimensions of their receivers slightly when they stopped making the standard Colt USGI style weapons, and neither the upper or lower would fit to any of the other parts I already possessed. In an effort to make good from a bit of a bad situation, I've ended up with what you see below.

Lowers

From top to bottom - Primary, Secondary and Training.

P1020190.jpg

P1020201.jpg

P1020210.jpg

P1020197.jpg

Primary - PTS Magpul type reciever with a steel internals (bearing roller hammer etc), G&P anti-rotation links, MIAD and CTR with the 0.70" buttpad. Missing an ASAP at the moment, which is the final piece I need to have this completely finished. Would run a BAD, but neither the RS or WE/PTS work in their stock forms, will need some filing so I've left it until I have a solid plan.

Secondary - Standard type lower with TROY markings. Took out the cheap and nasty WOC-X internals from the M7A1, gutted the nice steel bits from the Colt lower and put them in here, makes more sense since this one works with most of my uppers. Again G&P anti-rotation links, RA-T steel bolt catch, MOE grip, ACS stock, ASAP plate.

Training - Colt marked standard lower with the aluminium internals. Only compatible with its' own upper so I won't be skirmishing this, will stay at home and get used so I can practice drills outside and save the wear on the other 2. MOE grip and stock, G&P dual QD sling point plate.

Uppers

From left to right - CQB, Training, Skirmsher, Carbine

P1020246.jpg

P1020259.jpg

P1020278.jpg

P1020280.jpg

P1020273.jpg

CQB - Basically everything that isn't Magpul is G&P. VLTOR MUR-1 type upper with a 10.5" barrel and 7" DD Lite. King Arms KAC gas block/front sight, KAC FH, KAC covers, AFG2, Troy rear BUIS, VFC PEQ-15, ACM T-1 on a Dytac mount.

Training - Standard USGI Colt upper, as mentioned it's only compatible with the one lower, so I've just put on basic kit. 11.5" barrel, standard birdcage, VLTOR low-pro gas block, Madbull 9" DD Omega, KC-02 Irons.

Skirmisher - Purely airsoft practical, this one I built from scratch by buying a full receiver set and selling off the lower, as opposed to coming with a complete weapon. MUR-1 upper, 12" barrel with appropriate inner, Vortex FH, VLTOR low-pro GB, MOE handguard, Element 551.

Carbine - MUR-1 Upper and 7" MRF which came from the original M7A1. Added a 14.5" barrel with appropriate inner, VLTOR 'Flower' FH, King Arms VLTOR GB/Front BUIS, RVG, Rear MBUS, ACM 4x ELCAN Spectre.

Mags and Bolts

7 x G&P 50 round mags with Magpuls, and going left to right - Primary Bolt Carrier Group/Charging Handle, Training BCG/CH, 2 x Backups.

P1020308.jpg

P1020301.jpg

P1020297.jpg

P1020306.jpg

Primary set - Main skirmishing gear, since it allows me to shoot within normal British FPS limits. Consists of an RA-Tech steel bolt carrier, with an aluminium NPAS nozzle and I've added on an aluminium nozzle tip and steel side lock plate. Charging handle is by Armalite, I've not done the dremel work yet to get it to fit my rifles but I thought I'd post pictures while it still looks nice and clean.

Training - Stays with the relevant rifle, clocks a higher FPS than I could field since it's non-adjustable, but it functions fine and I'm only shooting paper targets with it.

Something to finish off with.

P1020312.jpg

As good as PTS stuff is for airsoft, I just can't help noticing the fact that there is a tangible difference in quality. It's hard to exactly put in to words, but the RS gear just has that extra sort of sharply-edged, solid, more 'heavy' feeling to it, like it belongs on a real gun. I highly doubt that a PTS AFG actually weighs more than a couple of grams less than the real equivalent ( if indeed there is any difference at all), but when you hold it in your hand you just sense there is a difference.

Shame that it's so much of a *fruitcage* pain in the *albartroth* to get hold of over here. You literally cannot buy an OD or FG Magpul stock of any kind in this country, I've seriously tried a lot of times searching around, black you can just about find but that's it. Hence why I say thanks to Frogfish, he sorted out the ACS, AFG2, one of the MOE grips, one of the trigger guards and the Armalite handle all for me.

Link to where I can buy one of those cases?

It's one of the SRC cases. They come with eggbox foam, which I replaced with high density stuff cut to shape.

They do a 68.5cm internal one (Model P59), which is the one I used:

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_245&products_id=13011

And a 102cm internal one (Model P42):

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_245&products_id=13012

Good value for money :)

It's one of the SRC cases. They come with eggbox foam, which I replaced with high density stuff cut to shape.

They do a 68.5cm internal one (Model P59), which is the one I used:

And a 102cm internal one (Model P42):

Good value for money :)

Nice find Mr Pants , just ordered a P42 for £50somthing

Cheers matey your a star !

Love em - having RS Magpul on your guns is so much more satisfying is it not? XD

What I find funny is that 90% of the time you can find RS Magpul products for cheaper then PTS haha. Like the B.A.D. lever is about $20 for the RS and most sites have the PTS model for $50+.