Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Looks good Noveske. How do you activate the DBAL? BTW, I figured out how to install an AFG onto the slick rails without the need for a picatinny rail piece. I'll post pics soon if you're interested. Another issue I've had with all my SR15s is that the mag well tends to be too loose allowing mags to fall out accidentally once in a while. I fixed that by using some Gorilla Tape (basically super strong duct tape) on the inside of the mag well to prevent the mags from having side to side play. Two ply of tape on either side of the mag well and now mags are in there solidly, and yet will still drop free when I activate the mag release. I think this is a pretty common issue on all the VFC SR15's and SR16's. Not sure how it is on the King Arms SR-15/16s.

Looks good Noveske. How do you activate the DBAL? BTW, I figured out how to install an AFG onto the slick rails without the need for a picatinny rail piece. I'll post pics soon if you're interested. Another issue I've had with all my SR15s is that the mag well tends to be too loose allowing mags to fall out accidentally once in a while. I fixed that by using some Gorilla Tape (basically super strong duct tape) on the inside of the mag well to prevent the mags from having side to side play. Two ply of tape on either side of the mag well and now mags are in there solidly, and yet will still drop free when I activate the mag release. I think this is a pretty common issue on all the VFC SR15's and SR16's. Not sure how it is on the King Arms SR-15/16s.

RE: DBAL operation: I've got a dual Surefire switch which I've yet to modify in order to accomodate the G&P DBal. I've been very busy/lazy recently. TBH, I rarely use the DBAL or any sort of laser/designator on the field, so it's for looks more than anything :D

As for the loose magwell issue, from my experience, G&P magwells tend to be the loosest, followed by VFC and then KA (being the tightest). For the VFC SR15/16 receivers, out of the PMAGs I generally use, the gen 1 PTS PMAGs fit tight, gen 2 PTS PMAG (Ms) are somewhat loose, the ACM Hicaps fit snug. the ACM lowcaps (w/ the window) don't fit at all (too fat) without modifying the mags.

For a loose magwell quick-fix, I stay away from tape as it tends to slide around with use and ends up leaving a sticky residue. I used to use foam tape to shim loose magwells as there is more flexibility/tolerance when using different mags. Problem I found was that the foam tends to disintegrate after use and then the sticky residue is a pain to remove. So now, I use velcro tape (the soft side) to shim. Works like a charm, doesn't disintegrate as fast, easy to remove, provides a good slide in/out surface and doesn't leave a sticky residue from shifting.

Awesome rifles as usual Noveske.

Thank you kind sir!