Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Heehee... :)

I see someone has painted markings on Magpul PTS lower ;). Just like me - that is the only thing I hate about it's airsoft version. But luckily it's easy to correct ;).

Pretty sure that last bit (the individual serial number) is always painted on? It is on the two PTS lowers I own/have owned. :huh:

I think MRF is referring to the "S-E-F" markings. Actually I did the opposite of painting them, I merely removed the red and white paint to show the black paint underneath. Not all airsoft Magpul lowers are painted. The Prime Magpul GBBR receivers are not painted.

With regard to the serial number on the AEG receivers. It's not painted. It should be laser etched. If yours is painted, it's a fake! LOL! On the Prime GBBR receivers, the serial should be engraved.

Anyways, some quick closeups of the S-E-F markings:

7fa5e667.jpg

415d49f4.jpg

I think MRF is referring to the "S-E-F" markings. Actually I did the opposite of painting them, I merely removed the red and white paint to show the black paint underneath. Not all airsoft Magpul lowers are painted. The Prime Magpul GBBR receivers are not painted.

With regard to the serial number on the AEG receivers. It's not painted. It should be laser etched. If yours is painted, it's a fake! LOL! On the Prime GBBR receivers, the serial should be engraved.

Anyways, some quick closeups of the S-E-F markings:

Hi Noveske, what did you use to remove the paint? thanks

Like I say I was only referring to the PTS/G&P receivers, for WA rifles in my case. Pretty sure mine can't be fake, unless G&P are shipping out counterfeit goods as parts in their WOCs, guess I just can't tell the difference between white paint and laser etching; or just never actually worried about looking closely.

Hi Noveske, what did you use to remove the paint? thanks

So what I did, was I took a bit of mild ether (krazy glue remover works too, but it's a bit harder to deal with and can get a bit messy as it's thicker) and just plopped it right over the red/white paint. After 10 seconds or so, the paint should start to loosen into the ether. I took a toothpick and started to scratch out the rest of the paint in the crevasse with the ether still there. Then I used a dry cloth and soaked up the ether-paint mix. I kept repeating this until I got all the paint out of the crevasse. I've done this on my FDE receiver as well and i works like a charm :rolleyes: