Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

I understand people liking the look of a magnifier, just don't get the function of having it for airsoft. It adds a significant amount of weight to the gun and for the ranges we shoot, it just excessive. Heck I shoot out to 400 yards with my real AR and a red dot and don't use a magnifier. 100 yards and in ... and with the amount of deviation we see in airsoft accuracy ... I don't get it.

I understand people liking the look of a magnifier, just don't get the function of having it for airsoft. It adds a significant amount of weight to the gun and for the ranges we shoot, it just excessive. Heck I shoot out to 400 yards with my real AR and a red dot and don't use a magnifier. 100 yards and in ... and with the amount of deviation we see in airsoft accuracy ... I don't get it.

Yup, agreed.

Had one. There was no use of it. It was heavy and annoying. Only positive thing is kind of "wow" factor, but if someone cares about functionality at minimum, it's not enough to keep it.

I've run pretty heavy set ups so I didn't notice the weight too much when playing with a friends.

Never had too much trouble with using magnified optics in airsoft. x3 or x4 though, nothing crazier then that. On a good day with the right ammo my gun almost reaches 200ft so in the woods of NJ I find it practical to be able to get a bit of a magnified view at those ranges especially since its airsoft. I can put a dot on the guy but every little branch, and leaf in between us can have its say on where the BB goes. Easier to adjust for me when I can see better.

Some fields its a bit impractical due to the variation of terrain but I like the option of being able to switch the magnifier on and off the gun rather then having an different optic altogether.

As always YMMV.

Edited by Agent Hunk

I'm the same. I can't wear contacts and there's no eye pro setup in the world which would allow me to wear glasses underneath and not get loads of fogging. I played without a magnified optic for the first time in years this weekend and it was like being half blinded by comparison, couldn't see a thing going on out there.

uscmCorps

Posted Today, 12:49 AM

I mostly use my magnifier to scout targets which are far away.

Edited by Eizen

I'm the same. I can't wear contacts and there's no eye pro setup in the world which would allow me to wear glasses underneath and not get loads of fogging. I played without a magnified optic for the first time in years this weekend and it was like being half blinded by comparison, couldn't see a thing going on out there.

I have ESS Advancer V12s with Prescription inserts. Best goggles ive used. They can fog still if its super hot out, but most hoggles do regardless. But they have vents on the side you can open that help alot. I liked them so much Im going to invest in some ESS shooting glasses with inserts for real steel stuff.

Sorry to go off topic! Figured id help out a fellow four eyes. Haha.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I have ESS Advancer V12s with Prescription inserts. Best goggles ive used. They can fog still if its super hot out, but most hoggles do regardless. But they have vents on the side you can open that help alot. I liked them so much Im going to invest in some ESS shooting glasses with inserts for real steel stuff.

Sorry to go off topic! Figured id help out a fellow four eyes. Haha.

Appreciate the tip.

Unfortunately the V12s aren't an option for me either though I'm afraid. They were (possibly still are) standard issue eye-pro for us lot upon deployment so there's loads of cheap ESS eye-pro floating around here and I've tried a lot of configurations. I don't know what it is that causes, it but I steam up even the ICEs that I run as standard these days with various different anti-fog solutions, and obviously they've got no proper seal around the face, so a goggle system with a seal is even worse, let alone adding another set of lenses in there. To be honest, even if I could find a way to make my eyes more functional in game I'd still use some kind of optics solution on my rifle that gave me magnification in some way or other because I think IFF is imperative and at the sites I play it's really tricky most of the time. I'd much rather take a hit and a walk than tag someone or something I wasn't supposed to, which for me means getting a really good view of any potential target and doing a thorough assessment before I ever squeeze the trigger; magnification assists with that hugely.

Also if I do go somewhere unpleasant one day I won't be be using a red-dot optic, so on that side of the house there's no point in me getting accustomed to shooting with one.

• 2 weeks later...