• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Okidoki,

I have finally solved my problem of the servere wobbling of my 505mm long inner barrel! So this mod will certainly work with the stock inner barrel as well!

The problem is due to repeated assembling and disassembling of the inner barrel. The repeated screwing and unscrewing of setscrew part 125 caused to lose thread at the bottom of part 27. (look at your manuel guys)

So it caused my inner barrel assembly to wobble a lot!

There are 2 solutions for this: get a new part 27, since this will have new threads. But if you really want to be sure, you can even keep your part 27 but just get a longer setscrew to replace the stock setscrew (part 125)

You will have to find a setscrew of the type: M3 - 5mm! (on the picture: the bottom setscrew on is the new one)

The stock setscrew length is 3mm. So 5mm is perfect! Any longer than that and you will have to cut the setscrew to get it fit inside the upper receiver.

Here is explained visually what this mod actually does:

green is the inner barrel itself;

the black block is the part that surrounds the inner barrel;

blue is the set screw that holds the inner barrel assembly in place;

the red shows where the thread has gone, causing the stock setscrew to sit lose!

Its a mystery why WE didnt used a longer setscrew!

Since I didnt know what kind I had to use, I bought a whole kit:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=22817

http://www.roundabouttoys.com/store/product/4752/PD1251-Set-Screw-Set,-EB-K/

So, there ya go, with just a longer set screw you will have NO inner barrel wobble at all! Even when using a long inner barrel!

Thanks Riko for your explanation!

What weight bbs are you guys using?

I bought some 0.28gs but its still over hopping, was thinking of moving to .30gs but will that .02g actually affect it much or should I go heavier?

FYI, I replaced the stock hop up spacer with a Polar Star concave spacer and I no longer have any over hopping. .25's are shooting laser straight. I don't have any .20's to test how the new spacer effects them. I currently have a RA-Tech hop up rubber on order to see if I can squeeze out a few more FPS. If not, I'll revert back to the stock rubber and do the Teflon tape mod mentioned a few pages back.

WE have never been good with spare parts.

update from airsoftglobal lol, they got part 27 in :)

I think I will have it send when I get some extra mags or something, because I dont need a spare part of that since I already found a solution for my wobbling inner barrel

FYI, I replaced the stock hop up spacer with a Polar Star concave spacer and I no longer have any over hopping. .25's are shooting laser straight. I don't have any .20's to test how the new spacer effects them. I currently have a RA-Tech hop up rubber on order to see if I can squeeze out a few more FPS. If not, I'll revert back to the stock rubber and do the Teflon tape mod mentioned a few pages back.

For the time being i use 0.3 bb and by modifying the rear sight a bit plus nineball rubber, the bb flight path is perfect!. Anyway, what do you mean with hop up spacer? is it the tiny cylindrical rubber that pushes the hop up rubber? I know a seller in my town who sell a SCS (shredder's concave spacer) for about $10, is it the same with polar?

To get a few more fps is very easy. it has been explained a few page before by mnmc10.

Finally got through all 22 pages in this thread and seems like the consensus is it's a perfectly skirmishable airsoft gun. My question though is how consistent it is shot after shot?

With only 30BBs per mag and going up against folks with 300BBs (on average) and heavy trigger fingers, I think each shot from the G39C needs to count.

So do they? My main problem with both the WE M4 and WOC M4 is the consistency of each shot.

I read comments about the G39 being 'laser straight up to 30 meters' but has anyone done some accuracy tests? If it's accurate up to 20 meters, hitting a man size target on the chest without the BBs flying left and right (memories of the WE and WOC M4) I'm sold on this...

I seem to have fallen for this rifle...

Need to find some pennies to get one now.

I have a question though, being from the UK, sites only allow 350fps for weapons. From what i've seen on youtube, google, forum is that the g39c fires anywhere from 300fps all the way through to 400fps stock... Now this is no good for me if its over 350fps.

So, if I understand correctly, I use 134a gas will it fire consistently under 350fps using .20g BB's? or will I require an NPAS? If I require an NPAS how does it fit to the rifle?

Has anyone found a cheaper source of mags or is £40 the normal price for them?

For the time being i use 0.3 bb and by modifying the rear sight a bit plus nineball rubber, the bb flight path is perfect!. Anyway, what do you mean with hop up spacer? is it the tiny cylindrical rubber that pushes the hop up rubber? I know a seller in my town who sell a SCS (shredder's concave spacer) for about $10, is it the same with polar?

To get a few more fps is very easy. it has been explained a few page before by mnmc10.

It is the piece that sits on top of the hop up rubber. SCS and PCS are pretty much the same but I have heard some people getting bad PCS spacers that arch the BB left to right. If you can find a SCS, get that one.

I seem to have fallen for this rifle...

Need to find some pennies to get one now.

I have a question though, being from the UK, sites only allow 350fps for weapons. From what i've seen on youtube, google, forum is that the g39c fires anywhere from 300fps all the way through to 400fps stock... Now this is no good for me if its over 350fps.

So, if I understand correctly, I use 134a gas will it fire consistently under 350fps using .20g BB's? or will I require an NPAS? If I require an NPAS how does it fit to the rifle?

Has anyone found a cheaper source of mags or is £40 the normal price for them?

I use propane (Coleman brand) with a propane adapter and haven't seen anything over 350 FPS at room temperature with .25's not sure what .20's would result in. As Reppyboyo said, your best bet for limiting velocity would be to install a NPAS.

Had my first problem with it today, minor-ish.

3 times in about 40 minutes it double fed 2 rounds into the hop and jammed, which became very difficult to clear.

Also lost my *fruitcage* selector switch!! No idea hoe it came off there doesnt even seem to be a little grub screw!

Anyone know where I can get a replacment? OR will AEG ones fit?

Thanks.

Out of the box it shoots around 350-370fps with a 0.2g. If you put in the stock RA-tech NPAS it will drop the FPS under 350fps. at 17*C

A modified floating valve will push FPS up to 390fps with a 0.2g.

A modified NPAS valve and blowback stem plus the tape mod around the hop rubber will push it above 450fps at 17*C, and can be sustained at around 440fps. Depending on HOW you modify the blowback stem, you actually get more kick out of what is already massive recoil. So it IS possible to get a WE open bolt to the same FPS as a close bolt with the same barrel length :)

It is also possible to mod the M14 and PDW in the same way (NPAS mod and blowback stem mod), though the PDW has a smaller gas capacity and cools down quicker. I managed to get an 8" PDW to shoot 380fps with a 0.25g though the 10th shot dropped down to 355fps.

Stock NPAS's create weak blowback and poor cycling charactistics compared with the stock valve.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I get BBs hitting stuff at 200ft with 0.25g but the hop is rather inconsistent so rounds sometimes go high while other times they go low.

Like someone mentioned, the G39C shoots high even at short ranges, and the rear sight needed to be lowered. It still shoots high after lowering the rear sight.

Nope. I changed out the nub quite early on. At the moment even with a high POI, its underhopping and as soon as I set the hop, the POI is even higher.

The POI to the Iron sights do annoy me, so does it inconsistency in the hop up. But it kicks so hard, cycles so well and the power output is so high it puts by VFC M4 to shame (that feels like a pop gun).

I originally bought the G39C to test as I don't have extra mags and the fact that I do not have the appropriate webbing that will take the mags. But the kick, reliable cycling and power output makes it ideal for bush-work.

Just a shame WE haven't redesigned their M4 mags, else I would've kept my WE M4.

Nope. I changed out the nub quite early on. At the moment even with a high POI, its underhopping and as soon as I set the hop, the POI is even higher.

The POI to the Iron sights do annoy me, so does it inconsistency in the hop up. But it kicks so hard, cycles so well and the power output is so high it puts by VFC M4 to shame (that feels like a pop gun).

I originally bought the G39C to test as I don't have extra mags and the fact that I do not have the appropriate webbing that will take the mags. But the kick, reliable cycling and power output makes it ideal for bush-work.

Just a shame WE haven't redesigned their M4 mags, else I would've kept my WE M4.

From "Ninja Covers Toy Fair" thread

On the topic of new upgrade parts, WE will also release upgraded magazines for performance as seen on the G36 mags, the design internally will work for previous versions of GBB rifles too but with improved performance. I cannot comment on exactly what type of performance and at what costs but with a little gentle push, I was able to find out the predicted retail price of US$30 or maybe even below! Talk about great value there, some pistol mags cost that much, but time will tell if all this is going to be true when the final product comes out.

Which could be interpreted as saying they have/are giving the M4 mags a third expansion chamber and the improved sticky seal

Edited by LordElpus