I have aquired one fo these recently and am pretty happy with it, little bit of outer barrel wobble but other than that the gun is solid and very nicely constructed.

The mags are a different story however, stupid shape (not we's fault), the three part body is just asking for leaks. One of my mags has developed a leak from the top valve, I think an o-ring has failed but assuming I can't fix it with a repacement does anyone know where I could source a replacement valve from? Will the SCAR valves fit?

If you are talking about the release valve, you can get replacement valves from AirsoftBuddy. http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=892

You should take Banks' advise and check to make sure that the oring isn't obstructed by debris.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

OK just wanted to clarify it was their regular valves not some special WE G39 ones.

This them?

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=160

I have to say I just traded for a g39k with some aftermarket parts to make it *like* an "a1" and I am very excited, I've owned some WE guns in the past and was less than satisfied, but the open bolt system seems to hold potential. Hopefully I can get the mags to fit in my mag pouches. Just want to ask though, seraphim linked some images of some mags with the "linking/stacking tabs" (don't know what they are called) removed, is that kosher?

hack those things off.

(2nd guy's mag)

http://h-2.abload.de/img/5180878265_3606143739_ryvr.jpg

I keep 1 linked pair in my rifle; and de-tabbed singles on my rig.

Thank you, now I won't feel bad doing it.

KSK operators typically do it, there was even a memo requesting H&K to make mags without tabs....Magpul answers the call.

I hacked them off as well!

Quick question... does anyone know where I might find the ring that holds/tightens down the outer body to the hop-up. Both of mine (G39C and RAS) have stripped from try to get rid of the barrel wobble. They are in bad shape :) Will I have to order from WE direct?

I found that my mag seems to leak from the fill valve, though very little. One thing I do love about the WE g36 is how you can keep refilling the same mag and running it out of ammo and how it doesn't seem to cool down. Then again, I live in California and its starting to feel like summer, so maybe some of that should be taken with a little salt.

I also stumbled on what I hope to be a feature. If you pull the cocking handle back, 90 degrees with the bolt, you can push it in towards the bolt to lock it there.

hack those things off.

(2nd guy's mag)

http://h-2.abload.de/img/5180878265_3606143739_ryvr.jpg

I keep 1 linked pair in my rifle; and de-tabbed singles on my rig.

I'm the exact opposite, I keep a single in and linked doubles in my pouches

KSK operators typically do it, there was even a memo requesting H&K to make mags without tabs....Magpul answers the call.

I dunno about that. Yes, they obviously cut off the tabs, but I would not say it is typical. That posted picture is one of the few I've seen

Well, here is an issue to solve the barrel wobble.

I hope that nobody will get angry about my copy pasta ;-) But i think its ok, lastly we are all chaps :-)

http://forum.weairsoft.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1624

ps. i know its german, but you could just translate it via babelfish or something else ;)

Edited by Redneck123

The leak is from the top valve linked in 4boosts post, I have confirmed the largest oring has snapped. many thanks for the link.

Well I think your very wrong about the mags there. The three chamber design is amazing and ingenious which ends in zero cool down effect even in cold weather.

I'd disagree, having now dismantled one calling the magazine a three chamber design is being very generous, there are two internal lips but I doubt this has much effect on cooldown. I would attribute the favourable characteristics of the magazines gas chamber to the large volume of the magazine more than the divisions. My issue with them is more to do with the extra seals required for the three part design leading to more places that can leak, if WE's plan was to maximise gas efficiency via mutiple chambers then simple baffles inside would have made more sense. This leads me to belive that the design was chosen to keep the castings simple and cheap.

Ok, well I am finding that I still have a small problem with my G39. I have swapped out the hop rubber and nub (I also used the black one), and my shot to shot consistency is awesome, as well as the range. I can happily use .2g bbs without an issue of under or overhop due to the hop setting. This is all great. I think that my problem lies with the magazines.

What is happening, occasionally I will pop a fresh magazine in the gun and chamber the first round as per usual. The problem is when I fire it. Shot after shot consistantly dropping sharply (Very sharply) after about 10 yards. There is an easy fix to stop this, I just swap for another mag and then shot after shot flies miles again. I can put the other mag back in and shot after shot will work fine. I can even take it out, then bang it back in and it will work.

So, I recon that my issue has something to do with the mag not feeding properly, and the resulting snag is what is causing the problem. Thing is that I am sure it is not always the same mag that does it, but I shall be numbering them up for next time to see, and I have looked at them and they all seem to look pretty snag free, unless I am looking in the wrong place. Maybe it is the mag catch not holding the mag in the right place, but that all seems pretty fine. It doesnt do it often, but it is very annoying when it does as I am sure that you can guess the result that normally happens.

I wondered if anyone else may have had the same issue, or has any ideas what I can try?

I also really must stress, that this is only a very small issue, and despite this I trust this gun and use this gun more than most of my others now. It is a lovely gun to use and I love it more than a man should really love a gun, so anyone reading thinking about getting one, dont be put off by my problem at all as it is very minor and probably will turn out to be something strikingly obvious.

Many thanks though in advance of any help.

I get the same problem as spencerman, happens every 10-12 mag changes I guess, not too often. It happens with all 6 of my mags randomly, all I have to do is take it out then put it back in and it works fine, or change mags!

All I can think of is that the magazine sometimes does not engage properly in the magwell, all tho it does not wobble or feel any different. It happens just as often if I rush the mag change under fire or if I'm just plinking at home. It's odd and I just put it down to being one of the guns little foibles, certainly not a big enough problem to put me off the gun.

It has got me killed on a couple of occasions tho :rolleyes: so if any one knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated! :D

I have the stock hop rubber and H nub in at the moment but it happened with the stock nub and a bit of biro tube too.

Hmmm never had this with mine I don't think. Until recently but that's because my valve locker broke (i think) and my firing pin was very warn. Replacements on the way though!

Out of Interest has anyone done a DMR G36?

I'm curently building one of what I think should work -

Internal -

H-Nub

440mm 6.01mm TB Inner Barrel

Nineball Hop Rubber

External -

K Length Handguard

K Barrel extension

Short Suppressor

X3.5 Scoped Carry Handle

GripPod

.30g bbs

Hopefully this will give very strong range, power and accuracy.

Anyone done anything similar?

Also how hard do you guys think it will be to make a short SL9 style mag from a standard mag? Would be nice to have one :)

Edited by bankz5152

my gun spews more gas and the bbs will only go a short distance if my magazines are over filled with gas. i kinda learned how to fill them just enough and the bb spitting and gas purging disappeared. what i usually do is after finishing 30 rounds i refill it with 10secs worth of gas. that way im sure its not over or underfilled. spitting bbs also happens when the loading nozzle is sticking inside the bolt. either it has very little lube left or the two ears thats keeping the nozzle in place is full of dirt. take out the bolt and pull on the nozzle does it snap back quick? i havent exerienced what spencer said, wherein you only have to seat the mag back again for it to work properly.

Out of Interest has anyone done a DMR G36?

I'm curently building one of what I think should work -

Internal -

H-Nub

440mm 6.01mm TB Inner Barrel

Nineball Hop Rubber

External -

K Length Handguard

K Barrel extension

Short Suppressor

X3.5 Scoped Carry Handle

GripPod

.30g bbs

Hopefully this will give very strong range, power and accuracy.

Anyone done anything similar?

Also how hard do you guys think it will be to make a short SL9 style mag from a standard mag? Would be nice to have one :)

If that's what counts as a DMR then yes, I have a similar set up. Quite frankly, the WE already has superior range and accuracy to nearly all the other AEGs you'll encounter, and a barrel that long and that tight will give a fairly significant FPS, one that is not really necessary in my opinion. If you're going to put in all that effort at least make it look like a DMR, all you have there is a normal G36K with a grip pod. Also, the standard carry handle is one of the worst ideas for a DMR possible, I love G36s to death but those scopes are bad. Make a SL8, get the top rail, and put a proper scope on it. Short mags would be quite difficult, as you'd have to design your own gas chambers to go in it. Sorry to sound like I'm trashing your idea, but it needs some more work before you go spending a bunch of money

Edited by Seraphim989

Where'd you get the carry handle? I'm still trying to get enough to equip all my G36s :/

Anyways, it is a very small diameter scope, so the image isn't going to be very clear, and it has truly terrible eye relief. A good optic is crucial to making a DMR. Also, if you want a good gas DMR, you're probably going to have to tap the mags. Even with as good as the WE is about cool down and temperature variations, it's still not enough for true DMR status

Exactly, an external rig is necessary to really even out the gas flow to ensure consistently accurate shots.

An ACOG would be much better, but really you should look to a full scope. Even ACOGs are only 32 or 35mm. I use 40mm minimum for my DMRs, and I prefer 50mm