hey guys an update, with a RA tech tightbore and h-hop rubber shooting 350 w .28g BB ( a little hard) I'm getting about 202 ft average range with true flight, and BBs ranging out past that on the drop after the hop. I do have a few interesting things though, about 1 in every five shots I got from 400-405 up to about 415FPS w/.2g BB is there anything I can do to fix this?

Anyone have anything bad to say about the RA tech NPAS? Just to verify all open bolt NPAS valves fit open bolt weapons right, so this will work?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_580&products_id=34200

Edited by frogfish
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

My G39E should be getting here on Tuesday!

Also, has anyone had issues with their scope not holding a zero? I didn't think of the recoil when I ordered a fairly cheap scope for it, but it's a little late now.

My G&P Aimpoint holds zero just fine, but the recoil kept loosening the mount, so I used threadlock.

In my opinion G&P Optics are really good quallity and usually the same price (Or even cheaper!!) as the China made ones. (Got my aimpoint for around 35 Euros)

My G&P Aimpoint holds zero just fine, but the recoil kept loosening the mount, so I used threadlock.

In my opinion G&P Optics are really good quallity and usually the same price (Or even cheaper!!) as the China made ones. (Got my aimpoint for around 35 Euros)

Hmmm, I'll have to look into it. I don't mind if it doesn't work with the G39, I'll just slap it on my AEG. Thanks!

**EDIT** I'm looking more for a scope with adjustable zoom. I'm going to use the G39E as a DMR.

Edited by Shabby

Hmmm, I'll have to look into it. I don't mind if it doesn't work with the G39, I'll just slap it on my AEG. Thanks!

**EDIT** I'm looking more for a scope with adjustable zoom. I'm going to use the G39E as a DMR.

Depends what you get in G&P, some are awesome, some are pure ######. I had a G&P one where the recoil of a Magna GBBR rifle (WA style) would turn the sight off/on with every shot.

Since you're in the states, consider getting Primary Arms, they're good. except they won't ship to Canada despite being legally to do so. (<$100 is not an ITAR item)

I think that generally the cheap optics dont hold thier zero, mainly because they are cheap. I have the cheapest of the cheap dual optic on my G39 at the moment, and although I havent actually zeroed it as it is not too far out and all 3 optics line up perfectly, it has not adjusted itself at all, if that is any help. I know that the recoil of a gas airsoft gun is not the same as a real rifle, but if you use any real optics, cheap or not, they should in theory be designed to handle the recoil and shake thier insides to pieces.

If it is adjustable zoom that you are after, have you considered using an EoTech holographic image projection sight, like a 552 or something similar, along with an EoTech flip to side magnifyer. They should be easy to find in the states (but dont buy cheap airsoft ones as they do break easily) and are awesome to actually use. Dont get me wrong, you may be able to find an airsoft 551 or 552 or similar that will work fine under the small recoil of a gas gun like the one mentioned above, but they are all cheap and do not work in the same way when compared to a real one, but more like a cheap red dot, and they are meant to go on replica guns, and replica guns dont have much recoil if any at all, so there is no need to build them to withstand any. They are however also much cheaper to replace if the lens gets shot and broken, so I would also invest in a lens protector if you do get a proper one of these, just to be on the safe side.

I dont knock cheap, I like cheap, not everyone has deep pockets and it serves its purpose, but I dont know what sort of budget you are looking to spend, and you can still get some pretty decent buys that are a good value for what you get. Personally, I am cheap when it comes to airsoft stuff, I can and have spent several hundreds on guns, but cheaped it on the little parts or accessories. It depends what you expect from it. The last replica EoTech I bought (I dont know the make I am afraid) only cost me £10 because it had the very problem we are talking about, it didnt hold its zero, but I only wanted it for appearance so I didnt even care if it worked or not at all. I have my dual optic (cost me about $70 in total) on mine purely to make the gun fit the look that I want at the moment. I dont use the optics as such anyway at the moment, as I normally dont use optics, so for me the look is what matters more and as long as that works, cheap does fine.

Yeah, I was asking about cheaper scopes because I unfortunately don't have a limitless budget. But thanks for the input though. Also, I'm not familiar with the term "Dual Optic" Is that like an ACOG with a red dot on top of it? Pretty two separate optic systems in one? Or were you referring to an EOTech with a flip up magnifier behind it?

LordElpus beat me to it! :D Yes, it is exactly that, and in case I confused you about all three being lined up, the carry handle has a built in magnifyer, I think it is about 3.5x but not sure, then the bolt on top part (clamps onto a standard rail, so you could probably just use this on its own if you wanted) has a red dot scope (non magnifying) and a laser! I personally if I am budget restricted on something like this, would go for the cheapest one that I can find that ticks most of my boxes, that way if it breaks I havent lost as much, but that is just me, cheap. :)

What do you guys think about getting a Railed Scope handle and then installing an Aimpoint Micro, will it sit too high? (Note I don't use a mask)

Well the sight over bore is the biggest issue you have to deal with.

G36 w/ the Compact rail is approx 2" sight over bore, while this is not significant, it's roughtly 1" higher than the AR-15 which a lot of sights made co-witness with

Aimpoint Micro w/ lowest mount would be too low in my opinion, you could co-witness, but the front iron sight will block too much picture

Aimpoint Micro w/ LT660 mount would be too high, it's made for co-witinessing AR-15 triangle front sight

EO-Tech on G36 despite KSK use it, It too high (After all KSK are the ones mount EO-Tech 550 on the Hensoldt 3.5X integrated carry handle sight w/ rail)

Personally I use Aimppoint M4 style w/ the lowest mount, it's makes approximately 2.5" sight over bore but I'm willing to accept that for easy to use while using helmet, and plate carrier.