So Henning, it sounds like you wrapped too much Teflon tape around the bucking. That would explain why it was so difficult to slip the barrel assembly back into its metal housing. I found that too, when I tried to wrap my bucking the first time. A thin wrap of tape is all it needs - and all that will fit. I am convinced the Teflon tape is needed to help form a good gas seal.

I also installed a shredder nub in my rifle. It helped reduce the over-hop, but only by a little bit. I think the problem is that the bucking has a nub already molded in to it. Adding an additional nub creates over-hop. The next time I take my rifle apart I'm going to see about reducing the molded-in nub portion. I'll have to look at it some more before I decide which tool would do the job best. Maybe a Dremel? We'll see...

Let us know where you find a new dial for your hop-up unit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Anyone experience your gun light striking when full of gas? It's an annoying problem that comes and goes, but the past few weeks it's been really pronounced. Filled my mags full of gas and then the gun light strikes. I take out a bit of gas, the gun shoots fine again, after a while it light strikes again. What could be the issue?

Anyone experience your gun light striking when full of gas? It's an annoying problem that comes and goes, but the past few weeks it's been really pronounced. Filled my mags full of gas and then the gun light strikes. I take out a bit of gas, the gun shoots fine again, after a while it light strikes again. What could be the issue?

It happens when your mag has too much liquid propellent. That or the temperature of the mag is too hot causing high pressure so that the valve release needs more strength to open

It happens to my G39 mag as well as KSC MP7 before.

Maybe you need to upgrade the hammer spring?

It was working perfectly fine before, swapped out a brand new one just in case and it was still the same.

overfilled, over time the magazine is easier to fill. and our weather lately in the philippines is hot. try this, from empty fill it with gas for 10 secs only. see if it can finish 30 rounds. i usually fill mine for 15 secs,has enough gas to finish 30++ rounds.

Aha, will try this next time. Though my love affair with the gun is almost at a close since I got the OB kit for the M4, I'm already thinking of selling it, especially since there isn't any easy way to store the mags without them catching on mag pouches.

You should be able to find IdZ components at most of the large airsoft vendors.

Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize Magpul was making mags for the G36. Such real steel mags are banned in my country, so I'll have to wait for someone else to try modding one. :bye2:

147_797_popup.jpg

Looks super nice. :punk:

Edited by Basic-Wedge

Trigger group "breakage" confirmed at 10-12K rounds, meaning the pot metal trigger components wear down and affect the guns functionality, ie. full auto in semi and maybe vice versa or not firing properly at all.

Other than that, I haven't heard or seen much of any complaints really. I owned one briefly and it was a nice piece, sold it for other reasons.

All I will say is that its a great gun and overall proberly one of the least problamatic we gbbr on the market at this point in time. On the other hand is something does break it can be a pain to source replacement parts and when you do they could be out of stock or people want heavy price to ship them to you

I don't have a G39 but keep a close eye on this topic for a possible future purchase.

The issue with the over hop with .25, I use .30 as standard would that flatten out the trajector?

PDI make trigger parts so that should improve reliability!

I used 0.30 in mine no over hop at all straight shot out to some impressive ranges.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys,

My G39 has decided to stop working right. Stripped it down and part #91 in the trigger mech has snapped. The same thing has happened to my mates aswell.

This is the part:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/ChrisBenham45/IMAG0119.jpg

I've looked on a few websites but cannot find this part anywhere! Can anyone help?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I've been through the places suggested on here for replacement parts however still I'm down a couple of bits on my G39c. The roller on top of the hammer has gone walkies (ironically the tiny pin that holds it in didn't disappear!) and the hop arm has snapped meaning I have no hop. Any ideas where I can get the parts?