• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Not the greatest quality metal used as well. My rear sight snapped off from the base after a few games, lucky I had a spare G&P KAC real sight to act as a donor and it's good ever since. 

If AG1212 isn't too fussed about the looks, I'd say chopping the originally rail would be a better deal, from TerranCmdr's photo it doesn't look half bad too!

Hmm, I might as well give it a go, and it's not too expensive to replace if I mess it up.

Cheers! Will update with pics, hopefully it won't look too silly if I make it a wee bit longer (to make room for my 3x magnifier).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Before: http://i.imgur.com/jvsHsID.jpg

After (excuse the crappy pics): http://i.imgur.com/I51YWGf.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/xK8bWzV.jpg

A little rough and in need of some sanding, but I think it looks good enough. Thanks TerranCmdr :)

Edited by AG1212
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand where it came from.  The stock G39 I have has absolutely no barrel wobble, yet my main one, which I've only opened up twice - once to replace the hop nub and once to try to reinforce the barrel - has a silly amount of play in the barrel.  It's also completely independent of the barrel nub and as far as I can tell stems from the hop unit directly, which is a silly way to hold a barrel in place.  I mean the barrel is basically being held by two tiny little phillips screws in a pot-metal hop unit and free-floats from then on.  I tried using tape to make a tighter seal in the hop unit but it seems to have had no effect.  I'm not missing a shim piece or something, am I?

Edited by TerranCmdr
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone else dealing with overly high velocities, all I do is install the NPAS, seat the O-ring on top of it - seated flat, then reassemble the bolt. The O-ring mod works perfectly well, but you could also use some type of adhesive material applied to the flat surface of the NPAS valve. The whole idea is to prevent the NPAS from opening fully. Anything placed between the NPAS valve and the two lugs/prongs on the rear bolt half will do the job. The thickness of the object determines the effect on fps.

Hey guys, anyone have any success doing this? I have a K length barrel and am shooting .2g BBs at 470FPS just by increasing barrel length from my C length inner barrel (which shoots .2g BBs at ~400FPS) and I'd like to use the longer barrel for a bit more BB stability at range, but don't want the associated power increase.

I had an NPAS in my older WE G39 but it was finicky and never stayed at the same setting.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, the WE G39c may be the exception, but why does this company get some much hate? This thing is amazing!

Efficiency: loaded up my 4 mags with gas and every day I expended them once for testing and adjusting hop/scope etc to get it perfect. Lasted 3 days, so 3 fills of bbs per mag apart from one which failed to fire the last bb in mag no. 3 :P Some still have gas left, I might even be able to go to 4! And the temp is between 10 and 15 degrees celsius. I even used it in the snow a while back. 

Accuracy and range: NPAS tuned to around 328 FPS with a .2 at 15-20 degrees celsius. At approximately (not a complete guess, but I'll underestimate regardless) 50 meters a stationary target is hittable with a varying 60% accuracy, at around 25 meters this is about 90% (the occasional flier). I was using .28 G&G BBs. Now this was on the 3rd day with the FPS dropping significantly due to cool-down, at around 10-15 degrees, with a C-length barrel that wobbles in its housing with a silencer thrown on to make things worse. I've gone through many AEGs with worse performance. I can only imagine what the K and full length version is like with a bit of tuning. Definitely a viable DMR platform.

The only criticism I have is that full-auto performance is ######-poor. I'd never, ever use it, not even in CQB. Sure you can dump a mag in favourable conditions, but the FPS seems to drop dramatically and the BBs start hitting the ground just in front of you. My major gripe with the system (that and the plasticy-ness/creaky-ness).

Mind you this is a second-hand rifle too, so your experiences may vary   :)

Edited by AG1212
  • Like 2

The company gets hate mainly due to their 1911/Capa models which where TM clones than WE buggered with and made worse. Alot of peopl hate them simply for the dodgy/bad pistols. Along with the horrifiic Closed Bolt gas rifles.

I still stand that the WE G36(9) is the best - out the box - GBBR on the market now. I SO SO SO miss mine. Best GBBR ive ever owned.

WE is stepping up massivley when it comes to their new guns.

Closed bolt WEs are terrible, and the M4 mags were and sometimes are still terrible. My M14 was fun, although not a great shooter, and my g39 shoots well but has issues with anything below 45f which my KJW M4 dosen't.

Terran, I don't know whats going on but people are selling these things crazy cheap, I got one locally for a little under $300 with 6 mags and some acessories....

The only criticism I have is that full-auto performance is ######-poor. I'd never, ever use it, not even in CQB. Sure you can dump a mag in favourable conditions, but the FPS seems to drop dramatically and the BBs start hitting the ground just in front of you. My major gripe with the system (that and the plasticy-ness/creaky-ness).

Mind you this is a second-hand rifle too, so your experiences may vary   :)

Thats more to do with the NPAS than anything else.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

With the G39, the full auto issue, from what I've seen in a friends, tends to be the nozzle not sealing properly with the bucking when returning to battery in full auto before cycling rearwards again; This leads to a lot of the gas escaping, hence the first shot being fine, and all consecutive shots dropping.

Still, full auto in a GBBR, unless it's the summer, is a bit pointless anyway. 

• Like 1

Had a wee go at FA there just to reconfirm. 3 round bursts are OK, pointless if not wasteful really, but OK. Anything beyond that is just suppressing fire, more so due to the noise off of it than actual rounds on target :P Well I'm going to skirmish with this on the weekend, up against all kinds of spray-and-prayers. Now if only I can convince my team to go GBBR only, imagine all the money I can save if we all chip in for 20 or so mags...