• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Well I have the opportunity to buy a second-hand G39c with RA-Tech trigger group and 2 extra mags for 225e incl. P&P AND it includes the original parts. So this way I get to repair my G39, sell one of the two and get 2 extra mags for free. Happy days :)

However the buyer says it has a few issues:

''The bolt doesn't always lock back when empty, but that may be a mag problem. I haven't kept track, but I think one mag isn't able to engage the lock fully. This problem doesn't effect the performance, and I personally never saw this as too big an issue, since it just acts like how an AEG does. But, each to their own.

Occasionally when you put in a mag, it will double feed BBs and act weird. Simple fix is to just take out the mag, pull the charging handle a couple of times then put the mag back in. Doesn't happen too often, and again I think it may be a mag problem."

Do you guys think it's genuinely a mag problem? Or something more serious? Also, are RA-Tech parts worth it? I'm just worried about the steel parts eating into the pot-metal bolt.

Thanks guys.

Edited by AG1212

First issue is either mag or bolt catch problem.

Double feeding may be a mag / bolt / hop-up problem.

Try it out before you buy it, but for 225e, and with you being able to fix your old one from the parts, it's a win.

:)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I went ahead and got it.

I still have the odd issue of the magazines not releasing enough gas, or the firing mechanism not releasing enough gas from the magazines. I have no idea which way it is. My gas can is running low so I'll get more to confirm. 

It's not the firing pin or the valve-locker (well, they're not damaged), so something mustn't be installed correctly, despire me taking both trigger-mechs apart.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Could be the hammer, trigger, nozzle, piston head, floating valve or nozzle springs.

Maybe the magazine, does it only happen with one mag?

Try spraying some silicone on the mags release valve that could be sticky.

Even if the parts appear to have no damage they could be damaged where you cannot see.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Happens with all magazines, the mag release valves aren't stiff or sticky :(

Everything looks and functions OK on its own, just when I put it together it fails to fire. The nozzle retracts and you can hear the air-seal, the hammer releases just fine. The only prior issue they have in common is that sometimes when the hammer is cocked whilst in Auto, it will not release when the trigger is pulled. Switching to Semi fixes this, or recocking a bunch of times. Also, when putting the trigger group into the receiver it won't fit if the hammer is cocked whilst in Full Auto. I have to go to semi and then it will fit again. Sometimes the bolt gets a bit sticky too, so perhaps it is getting caught on the hammer roller as you suggested. Then again, I had this issue since I got my first G39 yet it still fired fine until recently.

I have no idea what causes it, but maybe the two issues are caused by the same thing?
Edited by AG1212
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, so I had the problem with the bearing pin on my hammer falling out.  I created a new one and tried gluing it in place, but ending up gluing the bearing in place as well  :no: Sorry to sound like such a nub, but can someone tell me how you glue the pin in place whilst leaving the bearing free to spin?  It seems like such a small space that the glue will inevitably get to the bearing.  Thanks guys

• 2 months later...

So I just picked up one of these to try out and tinker with after 2-3 years...bought mine used off of someone from craigslist...came with 3x mags, a full can of green gas, and a sealed bag of .20g bbs...box, manual, loading tool included for $145. It was bought second hand with the gun firing on full auto/burst on the semi auto setting.

Outer barrel was wobbly.

Hop bucking looked like it protruded down way too much...especially at zero hop.

Busted out the dremel and took out material off of the hop up arm.

Replaced the hop bucking with a TM one off of one of my TM Glock 17's that I built up.

Took out the file and sanded down the worn area on the hammer that catches on the sear.

Put some tape around the hop/inner barrel assembly to secure the assembly into the upper receiver. Added a spacer for the barrel nut so it clamped down on the outer barrel better.

Dremeled material off of the bolt catch and sanded contact surface between the bolt catch and bolt release button. Bolt catch spring was cut down for more reliable lock backs.

Its almost 3. All those things adressed...just gotta wait til day light for shooting tests.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

With how hard the recoil is on this thing, I opted to do a mod on the hop dial as I didnt think itd keep the hop setting after putting a few bbs down range.

For the mod, I ended up using an o-ring and a tube of super glue.

Cut a thin cross section off of the rubber o-ring and glued it to the surface of the hop dial so it provided added tension/grip. Now the hop wont adjust on its own ever.

The barrel is heaps more solid than when I first got it.

The hop is pretty good with the tm bucking installed. It shoots vpretty much on par with my kwa lm4, kwa kriss v, kwa akg and tm mp7 gbb.

Accuracy isn't terrible. Put a few rounds in the air for longer distance (150ft+) engagement and youre sure to increase your chances of hitting your target...pretty much goes for every gun really right?

So the gun shoots well. Hop kept its setting for the past 250 rounds that I've shot it. It'll pretty much be a question of reliability from here on out.

Oh yeah...the iron sights did not alow for proper elevation adjustment. I replaced the screw that adjusts for elevation which let me put the top of the front sight where the bbs go. However, my rear sights will no longer allow for the pistol sight aperture to engage AND the rear peep hole type sight is tilted. I could remove material on the rail to correct this issue...I may or may not do that. Im only really going to be using the peep sights anyway. Plus, the peep hole rear sight still matches up with the ghost ring front sight.

Overall, a pretty good purchase. I would have done the same exact things to it had I bought it brand new so it was a pretty good deal IMO...the gun performs well now. Like I said, its now just a question of what parts and when they will need replacing.

The cold weather is here so green gas/propane pressure shouldnt put the gun into way too much stress as it would if it had been hot weather season.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Looked into the RA-Tech Trigger/Hammer set. WGCshop had it on sale for $59 before shipping so I picked it up along with a couple of Azimuth Speed Buffers for the GHK G5.

I keep tinkering with this thing. It looks like the outer barrel is normally a little wobbly without the handguard. Tuns out, the handguards secure the outer barrel. 

I didn't bother picking up the firing pin/valve locker. Maybe later on...

Hmmm...would have been nice if RA-Tech made a steel BCG for this gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just picked up a G39E after I sold my old G39C a long time ago.

I remember my G39C to kick a lot more, this G39E doesn't seem to kick hard at all.

The other thing is that it was very easy to push the magazine back and forth, if I push it forward I get an FPS increase but if I push the mag back I get an incomplete cycle.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Update:

Yup barrel is wobbly as hell, and since the handguards are as loose as granny's teeth, the accuracy goes out the window.  Fixed the wobble by:

- packing outer barrel to barrel assembly with a silver of aluminium from a coke can,

- packing the hop unit to receiver trunnion was then wrapped in a layer aluminium sheet.

- removed the Barrel O-ring

-  AR barrel shim.

Then I fixed the wobble of the magazine and inconsistency issue by melting a few metallic half eyelets into the mag well in certain places as shims, preventing the mag from moving.  The mag to mag consistency has increased since the mag no longer moves inside the mag well. The power consistency and power level has also gone up.

Overall very happy.

I went to the store to test a new G39C and it turns out they all have the same issue with inconsistent power output and wobbly barrel.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Well I went ahead and got it.

I still have the odd issue of the magazines not releasing enough gas, or the firing mechanism not releasing enough gas from the magazines. I have no idea which way it is. My gas can is running low so I'll get more to confirm. 

It's not the firing pin or the valve-locker (well, they're not damaged), so something mustn't be installed correctly, despire me taking both trigger-mechs apart.

Any ideas?

LOL just saw the post.

yeah two possible issues there:

- Magazine base where the gas reservoir screws into the mag, has broken, so the mag doesn't push into the blowback unit and seal gas, ANR/OR

- Wobbly mag well, leading to the same sealing problem.

I sorted the mag well issue and that has been fantastic.  Power is definately up from 360fps to 410fps with .25g. 

My issue now is its not high power enough given my AK shoots much harder with a shorter barrel, its supposed to be for an MG36 project !

• 1 month later...

NEVER leave bbs in the mag!

I spend ages trying to figure out why my second-hand mags weren't locking back, as the activation lever seemed exactly the same as the working mags. Turns out it was the mag springs being too weak, the previous owner must have left bbs in there like a tit!

So if you're having the same problem, try and replace the springs, I got mine out of old DE tri-shot shells!