Tokyo Marui sucks

steaktipz

Just pointing it out to the other Arnies users :P

But you must have been lucky with the KSC Glocks, i tried a 18c on Ultra with plastic slide in spring / summer, even on semi the gun refused to empty a 23rd mag most of the time. That and my two Glock 26's both stopped working when the slide lock dug into the slide, snapped it and caused it to vent gas as it wasn't locked properly.

'FireKnife'

My old G34 would empty over 75 rounds per fill of green gas, over 100 with duster gas. The 50 round mags would go over 200 rounds on green gas!

I never EVER had a KSC glock jam and vent untill the gas was almost gone, even when I didn't clean them often enough. In my experiance the durability of KSC glocks is fantastic, only after several hundred thousand rounds does it start to show faults.

Must admit mine were either 18c's that had been abused on full auto by others or plastic slided 26's that used the old gas system and kept cocking up.

Will at some point have to get a modern Sys7 or NS2 Glock and see how much better they do.

'FireKnife'

Very true. I see Glock's go on ASF for over $150 at times - ridiculous.

RS or airsoft ;) As they are worth sod all in real steel form.

But yeah, on forums here there is always a Glock on sale somewhere and i have yet to see a UK retailer that doesn't stock at least the TM version.

'FireKnife'

I never really understood the reason why people choose KSC's and KWA's over TM's for skirmish guns. As collectors pieces i would get a KSC but not to skirmish with all the time. Having had a few types of each i still don't get it, unless, in the case of the USP, it is a model TM don't do.

'FireKnife'

Well it's all their guns in general - they think KWA are gods when, in fact, there are other better options on the market.

Iono, probably since I've owned a few KWA/KSC Glocks in the past, I tend to lean towards them for the Glock platform over TM. Everything else I like TM more, including my 5-7 :D

Most get my hands on a TM Glock 18c, see if the rumours about it are true.

But i could also do with getting a TM Glock 17, just to see how they work compared to the Glocks i have used before.

Then again i have a huge list of 'guns i want to try' and only a limited budget, but when i am out at work with a decent pay coming in big buy up of all said guns.

'FireKnife'

... 26's that used the old gas system and kept cocking up....Will at some point have to get a modern Sys7 or NS2 Glock...

I thought you of all people would know that the Sys7/NS2 system IS the glock internals transplanted into their other guns.

I thought you of all people would know that the Sys7/NS2 system IS the glock internals transplanted into their other guns.

Seeing as i have never owned a System 7 i can't comment and from what i have read and heard the Sys7 is in fact a copy of the TM system. If the same system i had in my KSC Glocks is the ones in the present Sys7 guns then i do worry alot as that system didn't prove that useful in the 5 Glocks i have owned previously. But then again when i get the money and a System 7 gun (most likely a USP or Sig Pro) then i will comment on the System, but it has a fair bit to go to surpass the stock Marui system.

'FireKnife'

Most decent TM pistols are cheaper than a KSC Glock nowadays so it shouldn't be too hard to get enough cash together for one, sell the Glock 19 if you have to.

'FireKnife'

Lol.... I'm in Canada mate. Things don't exactly work that way. The prices are just.... weird, due to our weird laws regarding importation/ownership (you really have to be an airsofter in Canada to understand this (importation for all intents and purposes is illegal while ownership/possession is legal as long as you're not being a *suitcase* disturber)).

I've got plans to pickup a TM 4.3 Night Warrior but it will have to come once summer starts and I start to get a paycheque.

Also I'm thinking that I'll actually keep the Glock, there's just something about it that I love and as a secondary it does it's job, no more no less (a TM on the other hand with a TBB, hi-flow valves and .30's would do the job and then some, making it a beastly primary). But I digress. Bottom line, I see it this way; pickup the KSC/KWA if it's mainly going to be a secondary or you're a poor student like me, and pickup a TM if it's going to be a primary or you're a rich kid.

pickup a TM if it's going to be a primary or you're a rich kid.

My primary TM 1911A1 cost me £135 (about $215 in Canadian) and that is including the tightbore. Add another 2-3 mags at £25 a pop and that comes to £210 total for a perfectly useable primary, or dump the tightbore and a mag (and £50) for a perfect secondary. That and i haven't a job either, the funds were raised selling old stuff off. :D

If your a ric kid and want to show it off buy WA, in fact in the UK most TM's are cheaper than the KSC's and roughly the same as a KWA. But then again i can't speak for how much TM and KSC guns are in Canada.

Not having a go, just not entirely sure on what you put in your post :)

'FireKnife'

My primary TM 1911A1 cost me £135 (about $215 in Canadian) and that is including the tightbore. Add another 2-3 mags at £25 a pop and that comes to £210 total for a perfectly useable primary, or dump the tightbore and a mag (and £50) for a perfect secondary. That and i haven't a job either, the funds were raised selling old stuff off. :D

If your a ric kid and want to show it off buy WA, in fact in the UK most TM's are cheaper than the KSC's and roughly the same as a KWA. But then again i can't speak for how much TM and KSC guns are in Canada.

Not having a go, just not entirely sure on what you put in your post :)

Oh yeah.... WA's are nice but the price of the mags put me off of buying one for anything other than a showpiece/collectors item.

Let me give you a taste of the kinds of prices we see on this side of the pond (well I mean the other side of the pond since I'm in UK ATM....) (prices in CAD and all guns BNIB with just the gun and whatever else comes in the box):

KWA (KSC): (USP)45 - $230, M9 - $250, 1911 - $250, (KSC) SP2022 - $370

TM: 4.3 Night Warrior - $355, G18C - $390, FN 5-7 - $365, M92F - $300, Mk.23 - $370, 1911 MEU - $370

Yeah.... our pricing scheme is messed. Oh also..... a RealSword Type 56 costs us about $650 CAD, we totally have to bend over and just accept that that's the price of things in Canada, same can be said for companies like VFC, G&P, KA, ARES, and CA. At the $300 CAD side of things you're lucky to get your hands on AGM stuff, JG, CYMA, and Echo1 are in the $300 CAD range as well.

Things are changing but changing very slowly as we have to tread lightly (can't try to change things like you guys did with the VCRA and skirmisher defence). Not to mention in Canada the "soccer mom lobby" has a pretty big stake in things and pretty much runs the country and any type of gun = bad. And politicians that want to get reelected kind of have to follow along with their wishes and condemn all guns as being bad no matter if it's a "military grade sniper assault rifle machine gun baby puppy and seal killing" gun or a rifle for pest control/hunting for sustenance (not to mention the urban/"liberal" population is more represented than the rural/"conservative" population just due to the makeup of the voting districts and the proportions of people that are urban/rural, I also think gerrymandering may have played a part in this somewhere).

(can't try to change things like you guys did with the VCRA and skirmisher defence). Not to mention in Canada the "soccer mom lobby" has a pretty big stake in things and pretty much runs the country and any type of gun = bad

(can't try to change things like you guys did with the VCRA and skirmisher defence). Not to mention in Britain the "Daily Mail readers" has a pretty big stake in things and pretty much runs the country and any type of gun = bad.

Fixed for us. To be honest it is pretty much the same over here in terms of how 'one thing at a time' we must be, if David 'I went to posh school and the lower classes have to suffer' Cameron wants to he can just drop the defence we get from UKARA and airsoft will cease to be in the UK.

Also i noted that you put KWA (KSC). KWA are the cheaper, often non-realistic traded option of the KSC guns, if you were getting proper Japanese KSC guns then you would be paying about $400-450CAD for them. Same as we pay about £100 for a KWA or £150-200 for a Japanese KSC.

'FireKnife'

Most get my hands on a TM Glock 18c, see if the rumours about it are true.

What rumours would those be? Might be able to help with my recently acquired TM 18c if it's no too technical. (Highly impressed too for it being my first GBB).

Anyways, I found the quoted text from the OP pretty funny. I hear that too often sometimes where I airsoft. <_<

What rumours would those be? Might be able to help with my recently acquired TM 18c if it's no too technical. (Highly impressed too for it being my first GBB).

That unlike the average KSC or KWA Glock 18c that it can fire bursts on auto without issue, as i could never get more than 5-7 rounds out of a KSC without issues developing.

'FireKnife'

An idiot friend of mine offered me a "empty one mag into the opponent" pistol duel with a KWA 18c and extended mag thinking he'd stitch me up with full auto.

I borrowed a team mates TM desert eagle hardkick.

He thought "unfamiliar gun, I'm not worried"

He fired 3 rounds and vented, I came out of the duel untouched.

Idiot boy squealed like a girl as I ploughed the entire mag into him.

I had a similar situation but it was more a double tap contest.

Opponent attempted to hose me with a M93r and got a nice plume of gas from his gun so i just double tapped him and left him standing there like a pillock. I was so tempted to 2+1 him.

'FireKnife'

That unlike the average KSC or KWA Glock 18c that it can fire bursts on auto without issue, as i could never get more than 5-7 rounds out of a KSC without issues developing.

'FireKnife'

Right now it's pretty cold in NY so I have only fired at 50F so far. From a fully gassed magazine I can get about 20 shots off of a full auto mag dump before the cooldown kicks in. In the summertime when it reaches 80-90F I could easily see firing a full mag on auto.

EDIT: Oh and I'm using duster gas and not propane

Well having had a chance to kick around with one at the weekend i must say they are good and work much better in the cold on full auto than the KSC Glock 18c models that i had.

But anyway, back on topic as i seem to have sent this one as off course as an American missile in Afghanistan.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

It is more the fact that people still to this day give me that 'a know it all eh' kind of look when i explain to them why they can only get 5 shots out of a WE 1911 before it de-gasses all over them.

Why do people still think full metal makes all the difference?

'FireKnife'

dang it man, why didnt you tell me this when I first bought a pistol?! :P

Really wish I knew that before buying a WE full-metal M9.

Oh well, I will keep it for the summer games and use the TM pistols for all other times.

TM sucks, don't make me laugh!!!

Archived