VSS Vintorez

renegadecow

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now are you going to put a short inner barrel in it like the length of the real steel and have the suppressor functional, or are you going to run an inner barrel to the end of the suppressor?? also how much are you charging the guy to make this? you do top notch work

Amazing and great detailing on the handguard retention, a perfect solution, if they don't do it that way they should!

I look forward to seeing the SKS too, maybe you could make an SVDu next, the bullpup dragunov?

SVU

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1663&bih=834&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=svu+rifle&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

he already has a long time ago.

granted it was really more of a bullpup AK though, so a revised model with this level of detail would be awesome!

Thanks!

@Schultz98

The real one only has a 200mm barrel, but will be putting in an AK101 length in this one. It falls a few inches short of the muzzle so it should still affect the sound. Estimated cost is at $150.

@Heavri

It takes AK mags, but will be making a VSS mid cap by modifying a 5.45x39 mag.

@my_plague_666

Yeah, could only really call that one an SVU-ish. The same Russian guys who made the expensive VSS also made an SVU but not sure how much. Only thing keeping me from attacking that project again is the cost of SVD's right now, except maybe for the A&K springer.

Some more work done btw:

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

TBH, you could get away with $300 per gun depending on the potential amount of people who want one and the level of durability it ends up having simply because of your craftsmanship skills and the lack of other viable choices.

you also have to make it worth while to yourself. do you want to end up building 3 dozen of these at 150 bucks? cause ill pay now for one at 150 bucks.

Hold your horses gents, its not like I've finished the project yet so we'll see till then. Right now, the problem is in sending these out of the country as the people I've spoken to said they don't allow toy guns or parts through customs. But that might just be with that specific courier and may find other means. I've only been able to send small parts through EMS and regular mail without trouble.

edit:

Top cover, partly done

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

As everyone can see, it looks bananas. It just takes too much effort to pound metal into submission by hand. Sure it looks ok-ish now, but once I paint this all the kinks will show up. I could keep on pounding this tomorrow and maybe I'd have smoothed it out enough, but right now I'm thinking of just ditching it and start over with a PVC version and only the sides that hang over the receiver being made of sheet metal.

Archived