VSS Vintorez

renegadecow

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope the new owner doesent slap it into auto and use a bottle screwed into the side of a highcap! (Sorry, i had to say it biggrin.gif)

INCREDIBLE work though, could i pester you for detailed drawings of the bits and peices? Even just sketches with rough sizes. I'd love to try my hand at making a metal one of these :)

The part in the middle is a rds (Tasco 1x30 clone), or whats left of it http://images1.opticsplanet.com/640-640/opplanet-tasco-1x30-22-reddot.jpg.

I originally wanted to just rip one apart and use the inner tube and adjusting knobs. But I couldn't crack it open without having to use a saw, so I just built on top of it. It's tilted to the side so I had to reverse turret controls, rheostat now on the side instead of above, and removed the rail attaching parts which now show as bare aluminum in the photo. Glued on the pvc shroud up front with a sheet metal collar for added durability. The same sheet metal collar will be used for the back end securing the fake eye piece and cushy rubber thing.

Thanks!

I'm only making one mag for the customer as he's likely to use the short AK hicaps for convenience. I might suggest to him a 20rd VAL mag which should hold something like 200 or so bb's as I've made something similar in the past.

PVC has similar properties to ABS plastic. The kind I'm using is a little more rigid. For its durability, the thinnest parts like the trigger guard (about 2.5mm thick by 12mm wide) can hold the weight of the whole gun which is a little over 2kg minus the battery and optics.

I've already started painting the optics, should be done in the morning. I've omitted putting in the mock switch and QD lever since they won't be doing anything anyways.

Archived