G&P - Question before purchase

Herby

Hi Herby,

G&P guns shoot around 340 FPS. And no, the inner barrel is not 14.5". It has the standard G&P 6.08mm diameter 363mm long inner barrel.

But the outer barrel is 14.5" if that helps.

That's pretty model dependent actually; G&P guns are known to come from anywhere from 300 to 420FPS, with no real consistency to the FPS from different stores or areas. I've had 2 M4's from the same store; One was 345FPS out of the box, and the other was 387 - Both from LandWarrior, both on the same shipment.

Best bet is to specify to EHA that you'd like a downgrade to below 330FPS to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the replies, hmm was hoping it was a longer internal barrel.

Swannie, how do you know that the outer barrel is 14.5" as i cant find anything on the net about it???

This is the long version.

The outer barrel is indeed 14.5" - It has a standard G&P M4A1 barrel fitted in place of the 10.5" barrel on the shorter model. The maximum inner barrel length (unless you count a few mm's into the flashhider) you can fit in a 14.5" outer barrel is 363mm, so the inner barrel reaches the very end of the outer; You could fit a longer inner barrel if covering with a suppressor, but it won't make any noticeable difference to accuracy if that's what you're getting at.

I bought that exact model a couple of weeks ago. It's very nice.

All data given here^ is correct. I haven't been able to chrono it, so I can't speak to fps.

The only minor con is the stock. The release mechanism to move the stock up and down the buffer tube is very stiff, and lubing it hasn't helped. Also the stock is a very tight fit on the buffer tube--definitely no wobble but again you need to use force to move it at all. And getting a 9.6v 1500 mAh nunchuck into the modstock is a bit of a PITA and not something you'd want to do out on the field. BTW, as expected it's wired to deans.

Feel free if you have any other questions.

Easy, I would think, to put on a different design of G&P crane stock (e.g. the LMT SOPMOD). I actually tried to slide on a G&G stock on the G&P buffer tube, and it wouldn't go, because the G&P tube was just a fraction too big (diameter) for the hole in the G&G.

Archived