'All-Weather' or 'super-powered' SVI Infinity

intinerious

Hey all, a friend of mine (hes' got the money) and myself (I'm doing the research) are planning to build an ' all-weather' or ' super-powered' SVI Infinity GBB pistol for skirmishing purposes. The idea is to have the internals tuned as a race-gun but the externals look like a factory pistol or combat pistol.

The parts, price (in HKD as I'm from HK) and description of why they are chosen are as follows:

Part:

TM Hi-Capa 4.3

Reason:

Base structure of the gun will be based on the hi-capa. I'm not choosing the 5.1 because some of the parts below will be 4.3 specific (because I can't find 5.1 specific parts for them...probably because I'm lazy).

Price: 1085 (Redwolf)

Part:

KJW CO2 Mags X4

Reason:

CO2 mags for the power, consistency in FPS and ability to shoot in cold weather. X4 for enough mags in a CQB round. Plus I think it'll be cheaper to run a CO2 gun in the long haul than a green gas gun?

Price: 232 X 4 = 928 (Redwolf)

Part:

Nine ball featherweight BBU

Reason:

Efficiency in gas usage as metal slide assembly will be lighter (metal slide below), faster recoil speed.

Price: 340 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

Nine ball dyna piston head

Reason:

Efficiency in gas usage, provides a better air seal, very, VERY good air seal with SD nozzle (below).

Price: 105 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

Nine ball hop up bucking

Reason:

Efficiency in gas usage, provides the best air seal compared to all aftermarket buckings, highest FPS increase compared to all other buckings.

Price: 110 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

PDI 6.01mm hi capa tightbore (112.5mm) / Nine ball 6.03mm tightbore (112.5mm)

Reason:

PDI for REALLY high, maximum FPS reached, 6.03mm for accuracy (assuming the 6.01mm/6.03mm barrel comparison floating around in airsoft forums are correct for 112.5mm barrels)

Price: 357 (Redwolf) / 210 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

Shooters Design POM nozzle

Reason:

Apparently they are ' indestructable'. Provides the BEST air seal coupled with the dyna piston head

Price: 120 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

Airsoft Surgeon Marui hi-cap 5.1 & 1911 Upgrade Combo (140%)

Reason:

Contains a piston head with o-ring (but discard it), and 140% hammer and recoil springs. Apparently the 140% springs are more like 170%, so they should be the strongest springs that aren't custom made out there for 1911/hi capas

Price: 124 (Redwolf)

Part:

Airsoft Surgeon INFINITY slide for marui 4.3 (silver)

Reason:

If there's a black slide I'll use that instead. Using the infinity slide because I want the ' factory gun' look. I'm also assuming it's a drop-in fit, so no filing hassles.

Price: 880 (Redwolf)

Part:

Airsoft Surgeon CNC frame for TM Hi-capa (STI 4.3 Black) (Clearance)

Reason:

I want the ' factory gun' look. If I can find an INFINITY chassis for TM 5.1, I'll switch all 4.3 specifc parts to 5.1 parts.

Price: 1309 (Redwolf)

Part:

RA TECH NPAS for Marui Pistol

Reason:

FPS Adjustability. YOu can adjust it to fire a super-high FPS (for outdoors...okay not super high but something like 1.6J) or lower it down to around 1J for CQB settings. This SHOULD replace the marui floating valve I think.

Price: 120 (TMC - retail store price)

Part:

Nine Ball 2x aero air seal X2

Reason:

2X2 = 4. For the KJW CO2 mags (assuming they fit). Provides the 'best' air seal I believe?

Price: 91 X 2 = 182 (Redwolf)

Part:

Airsoft Surgeon Steel Hammer Set for marui hi-capa 4.3/5.1 (Type 3)

Reason:

I like the SVI logo on the hammerbiggrin.gif. Plus, its steel, more durable for a CO2 gun

Price: 512 (Redwolf)

Part:

Freedom Art Night-Glow Sight Set (Red, Type W OR N) for Marui Hi-capa 4.3

Reason:

Optic front sight is better than the original front sight (because its smaller). Red optic so that it will work against a woodland background. Type W or N depending on preference

Price: 349 (Redwolf)

Part:

Airsoft Surgeon Shock Buffers

Reason:

Use 2 only for short stroking but keeping the slide lock functional.

Price: 78 (Redwolf)

Part:

Shooters Design Hi-Cap SV / STI Grip for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 (Black)

Reason:

I want the ' factory gun' look. Also filing is require: 1) File back wall of magazine entrance in to chassis, 2) File down area where valve knocker cover plate sits.

Price: 310 (Redwolf)

Part:

KM high flow valves x 4

Reason:

If they fit the CO2 mags. High flow so max power can be reached in the pistol platform if desired.

Price: 140 X 4 = 560(Redwolf)

Total price: HKD 7469 (PDI barrel) / 7322 (NB barrel)

Notes:

1) Sell original green gas / 134a mag to help out with the expenses since it won't be needed.

2) Use the stronger floating valve spring for the gun so that maximum power CAN be reached with the platform.

3) Changing the pistol controls are not included in costs (i.e. changing the grip safety, thumb safety, etc. for better ones) and CO2 caplets aren't included in the costs either.

4) Airsoft Surgeon sear disconnector set and sear spring may be added if one cannot adjust the stock sear spring to the desired trigger weight or when the sear set worns out.

If theres any comments on the build, suggestions on better parts to use, or compatability issues, please gimme a shout here so me and my friend can be fully aware when we start the build!biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Actually, would using a KJW Hi capa be a better base gun? the hammer should be strong enough to open a CO2 valve OOTB and I dunno whether the AS 140% hammer spring can open the CO2 valve wide enough. Since I'm gonna replace almost everything; using a cheaper gun that can already take CO2 OOTB seems to be a better idea. However; one thing that concerns me is whether some of the parts that I can't get afterpart stuff for (i.e. screws, misc. parts) are compatible with a Marui-based gun.

Basically, can anyone tell me whether you can fully transplant a KJW Hi-capa into a TM Hi capa?

Really curious as to the FPS/power limits in HongKong ?

From reading through your shopping list, "IF" you used all those parts what FPS would you expect to see ? or what are you aiming for. I didnt know there was NPAS kits for pistols, so curious about that as well.

I am doing something similar but without the budget, i have a thread in Just Handguns "race gun tuning" i am trying to maximise the running of a TM G17, but keep it playable for the UK legal limits.

I did look at Hi-cappas but went with a glock platform as it's more compact and low drag (hammerless/big safetys etc etc) although aftermarket parts are easy to get for hi-cappas, there isnt so much for Glocks.

I went with the Nine ball 6.03 112.5mm in mine, choose this over the PDI on price and the 6.03 is ment to be less fussy about BBs, i traded some power for ease of use. It would seem from what i have read, the PDI 6.01 is the bigger power gain, BUT it may well be fussy on BBs, and you will have to clean it lots, dont expect killer results from feeding cheap BB's through it.

The Nineball 6.03, less power boost, less fussy on BBs but still accurate, and as i will be rolling around in the woods it will get dirty, i have been using a Fobus mag pouch and the BBs pick up dirt, the 6.03 is less fussy with dirty BBs.

I will be adding a Nineball hop rubber and a PDI piston head to make the most of gas used. I am passing on hi-flows.

I am also shortstroking, more for less recoil than a faster cycle speed.

Today i have mostly been removing metal from the stock BBU, less weight =less recoil, side effects of that are better use of gas and faster cycle speed, win-win from my point of view. (trimmed off about 6grams of dead weight).

There may be some handy info over in my thread. I want a fast handling lightweight pistol thats good to 30m range, i think yours will seriously outrange mine. I will watch with interest, can you do some photos when you start building.

biggrin.gif

Really curious as to the FPS/power limits in HongKong ?

From reading through your shopping list, "IF" you used all those parts what FPS would you expect to see ? or what are you aiming for. I didnt know there was NPAS kits for pistols, so curious about that as well.

I am doing something similar but without the budget, i have a thread in Just Handguns "race gun tuning" i am trying to maximise the running of a TM G17, but keep it playable for the UK legal limits.

I did look at Hi-cappas but went with a glock platform as it's more compact and low drag (hammerless/big safetys etc etc) although aftermarket parts are easy to get for hi-cappas, there isnt so much for Glocks.

I went with the Nine ball 6.03 112.5mm in mine, choose this over the PDI on price and the 6.03 is ment to be less fussy about BBs, i traded some power for ease of use. It would seem from what i have read, the PDI 6.01 is the bigger power gain, BUT it may well be fussy on BBs, and you will have to clean it lots, dont expect killer results from feeding cheap BB's through it.

The Nineball 6.03, less power boost, less fussy on BBs but still accurate, and as i will be rolling around in the woods it will get dirty, i have been using a Fobus mag pouch and the BBs pick up dirt, the 6.03 is less fussy with dirty BBs.

I will be adding a Nineball hop rubber and a PDI piston head to make the most of gas used. I am passing on hi-flows.

I am also shortstroking, more for less recoil than a faster cycle speed.

Today i have mostly been removing metal from the stock BBU, less weight =less recoil, side effects of that are better use of gas and faster cycle speed, win-win from my point of view. (trimmed off about 6grams of dead weight).

There may be some handy info over in my thread. I want a fast handling lightweight pistol thats good to 30m range, i think yours will seriously outrange mine. I will watch with interest, can you do some photos when you start building.

biggrin.gif

The FPS limit is below 2J, or roughly an FPS of 464 with .2g bbs.wink.gif

From the list of upgrade parts; I'm hoping to be able to get a range of FPS all the way up to 1.99J. Since I'll be (well, my friend...I'm just the research guy...broke atm) installing the RA TECH NPAS system; I can probably set the FPS from 1.99J and below (or higher...but then I'll be breaking the law).

I was surprised about the RA TECH NPAS unit for marui pistols as well. I happened to stumble across it when browsing through TMC's website. Should be on the first page of products if you search RA TECH by brand. I haven't seen any reviews of it yet and RA TECH didn't make a video of it; but for HKD 120 (USD 15 on their website) it's pretty cheap considering all the other parts on the list. In fact, I was thinking of buying a couple of those RA TECH NPAS (like, 3) and set them to shoot at 1J (for CQB), 1.3 or 1.5J (for outdoors) and 1.99J (just because I canbiggrin.gif) and 'quick-change' the NPAS depending on what kind of game I'm playing. Since I've been able to completely disassemble a TM MEU down to its individual parts in 7-8 mins, I can probably do the quick change in 4 mins by taking out the BBU; removing the nozzle, unscrew the tiny screw that holds the valve stopper in place, swap out the NPAS unit and reverse the procedure. Oh btw using 3 NPAS units because I'll be blue/purple locktighting them since reading other's user experiences with the WA GBBR NPAS systems its a pain in the *albatross* to change the NPAS valve without over-torquing something in the NPAS (causing the expensive part to break) and the NPAS tends to unscrew itself over time without locktight.

Another thing I believe will make this build awesome is that CO2 is very consistent with FPS, and there's little cool down issues (RA TECH vid of their upcoming KSC Glock CO2 mag seems to confirm that) and the NPAS unit works by changing the amount of gas directed to the barrel/ to the BBU right? So using a 1J NPAS with CO2 should give you a HUGE recoil; simulating a RS pistol more so than other GBB pistols out in the market today (mentioning the 1J NPAS setting because in HK I'll mostly be playing indoors CQB).

I'll take a look at your Glock thread as well wink.gif. I actually wanted to use a p226 for this build (since the stuff I need for a perfect air seal are also available for the p226) but what put me off is the shorter barrel compared to a 1911 and I don't think anybody makes CO2 mags for the p226.sad.gif I really don't want to use an SVI Infinity build since its not actually a 'combat pistol'...but hey, for the pure purpose of building a reliable, CO2 pistol that doesn't hurt anybody in CQB, it'll do tongue.gif.

About the PDI/Nine Ball issue; I currently use a NB 6.03mm 112.5mm TB in my MEU and I love it :D. I haven't tried using PDI barrels yet (too expensive!) but the only bbs I'll run through any of my guns are Marui bbs (and the new perfect hit ones) and KSC bbs, I think it'll be fine since the bb diameter is 5.95mm. Word of caution about the KSC bbs; I've seen REALLY crappy KSC .3g bbs in a bag that I bought at UNCo (so I know its not ACM knockoff ######). There were HUGE seam lines, malformed bbs, and bbs with these HUGE manufacturing 'lines'; kinda like if you use a long string of playdough and rolled it between your fingers to make a ball shape, you'll get those imperfection lines along the bb's surface. Apparently .3g or above bbs are hard to make because of the materials used (from the BB Bastards thread) so I won't hold it against KSC. But I'm probably sticking to <.3g bbs in the future. And in HK, theres hardly any dirt around CQB arenas since they're in warehouses...I'm probably more worried about dust build-up than dirt..and also most HK people have a pet peeve in not getting their guns dirty..myself included tongue.gif.

I've got to go rush for a lecture at uni now; I'll finish replying laterbiggrin.gif

Alright, I'm back from my lecture!

As regards to your glock build, again I'm a bit sad that nobody has made CO2 mags for it yet. Heres hoping for RA Tech to come out with TM glock CO2 mags wink.gif

You mentioned that you're trimming your glock BBU to reduce the weight, but you've only got it down by 6 grams...I hope I don't come across as criticising your build, but another reason why I'm choosing the 1911 platform is the light weight aftermarket parts that are avaliable. Generally the lightweight BBUs are drop-in fit.

I'm actually considering using the Airsoft Surgeon Aluminium light weight BBU instead of the nine ball plastic one since it's a CO2 gun..I'm not too sure whether the plastic BBU can hold up to the pressures of CO2. However; since the BBU is housed inside a metal frame and that means the stresses on the BBU should translate to the metal frame itself, the nine ball BBU 'may' be able to hold up against CO2 gases.

Another thing that I forgot to consider before was the 2 lugs on the slide of the Infinity (and 1911s) that lock the barrel into place when the slide blows back during shooting. Apparently the slide lugs and barrel interaction is a critical stress point and even with green gas use, the lugs will be destroyed by the barrel and render the slide useless. There is a fix for it though; and it's to use the fixed barrel that Airsoft Surgeon made (albeit is for the 5.1 Hi Capa). I'll probably look over the parts I've selected in the coming few days to revise my build on the base of a 5.1 hi capa as a result. If its not possible, I'll probably have to include 'custom' parts that would be specific to this build...but the prices will hike up tremendously.

Also something about the MEU and hi capa hop ups: the general consensus is that it's very good, however if you use aftermarket hop up buckings that are stiffer than the stock rubber; you'll find that the design of the hop up arm will 'tilt' the 'hop' part of the rubber since the hop up wheel only pulls down ONE side of the hop up arm. This leads to the bbs flying off to the left when they are shot out if the hop up arm is turned to full. My friend who plays a lot of outdoor games in HK told me that he found the bbs to veer off to the left when they reach a certain distance with his MEU.

I think it'll be easy to design a hop up system for the hi capa/MEU by machining a copy of the hop up chamber, making another arm on the other side of the hop up arm and loop both arms to the hop up wheel so that there is equal force being applied from both sides of the hop up arm. This will make sure the already awesome hop up of the hi capas / MEU be even MORE AWESOME. But alas, I don't have access to machining tools, and if I ask an airsoft gunsmith to make one for me, it'll drive up the prices of the build.

~HKD7000 - 8000 is a LOT of money for me (and for my friend) since we're still in University and I can't get a job due to the amount of courses I take (I do law and civil engineering, double degree). Hence I've dedicated my time to only doing the research for the build and theoretically it SHOULD be able to achieve many things that airsofters want for a GBB pistol (massive recoil..for RS lovers, consistency in FPS, gas efficiency, able to tune MOST of the stuff inside the gun, etc.). I'm not so sure my friend will be willing to build the Infinity this year since we're facing a pistol build thats twice the cost of a Magpul Masada. I hope to be able to build it once I can do my law internships and the money flows in; but for now, personally, its a theoretical buildsad.gif

If my friend DOES begin to make this build (or when I have the cash to do so), I'll def. update this thread with lots of pics biggrin.gif

Wow, i quite like the UK FPS limits, think i will skip playing in Hong Kong tongue.gif

As soon as you mention CO2 over here people reckon 400fps+ (as thats what the co2 guns seem to do out the box) add to that all the other upgrades i was expecting a high FPS. Over here most places have a 350 limit for Gas powered guns, CQB venues are more like 325/330fps and mostly single shot only indoors, i have played against others with chinasoft AEGs running stock power (360-380+) and it wasnt uncommon for people to come out bleeding, that site has now dropped to 330 and i belive they have learnt to chrono check a bit better. (going back next month so will find out, with armour and a full face mask).

The choice of Glock was maybe flawed from an aftermarket parts point of view, but it's a learning curve. Trust me it took hours to shed a few grams off the BBU, i am not sure if it was worth the effort. More of a Zen experience, be at one with the gun, know it inside out.

If i do another one i will be looking at 1911/2011 platforms for ease of parts, more likely a 1911 due to the slimmer frame/grip design. I was surprised to see that the 226 can take the Nineball routers, that would have been ideal for the glock, claims of "Up To" 40fps more, just from efficent use of gas and flow, that would have been enough for me on it's own.

Pistol players seem to be a rare breed, maybe next year after my learning curve is done i will get a matched pair, built for left and right hands, thats wishfull thinking for now.

Good luck with the project.

Wow, i quite like the UK FPS limits, think i will skip playing in Hong Kong tongue.gif

As soon as you mention CO2 over here people reckon 400fps+ (as thats what the co2 guns seem to do out the box) add to that all the other upgrades i was expecting a high FPS. Over here most places have a 350 limit for Gas powered guns, CQB venues are more like 325/330fps and mostly single shot only indoors, i have played against others with chinasoft AEGs running stock power (360-380+) and it wasnt uncommon for people to come out bleeding, that site has now dropped to 330 and i belive they have learnt to chrono check a bit better. (going back next month so will find out, with armour and a full face mask).

The choice of Glock was maybe flawed from an aftermarket parts point of view, but it's a learning curve. Trust me it took hours to shed a few grams off the BBU, i am not sure if it was worth the effort. More of a Zen experience, be at one with the gun, know it inside out.

If i do another one i will be looking at 1911/2011 platforms for ease of parts, more likely a 1911 due to the slimmer frame/grip design. I was surprised to see that the 226 can take the Nineball routers, that would have been ideal for the glock, claims of "Up To" 40fps more, just from efficent use of gas and flow, that would have been enough for me on it's own.

Pistol players seem to be a rare breed, maybe next year after my learning curve is done i will get a matched pair, built for left and right hands, thats wishfull thinking for now.

Good luck with the project.

Haha generally the FPS limits are 1.3- 1.5J for indoor games. The last indoor cqb site I went to had rent guns shooting at 1.1 J Man did those rent guns hurt like hell when you get shot at 'bang-kill' distance!unsure.gif (played with my friends who are airsoft newbies. Instictive reaction in a 'bang-kill' distance will always be pulling the trigger on the gun)

I play mostly with friends as well, so the FPS limit will never be above 1.3J for CQB. The highest FPS guns are also the rent guns when I play with my friends so coming out bleeding in a match isn't that much of an issue, except when a bb hits you squarely on vulnerable parts like the tips of the nose, lips, etc. My friend and myself have adopted an attitude of sportsmanship; the FPS will be enough to register a sting at the longest CQB distance at 20-30m, and will only hurt like hell (slight bruising) when shot point-blank. Some kids in HK nowadays with rich parents will bring guns that are upgraded to shoot 20+ RPS at 1.5J for CQB games...I still don't get the mentality of "faster, stronger equals the best" that kids have.

In HK, CO2 guns are generally banned as well. But thats ONLY because most people can't get the concept of what actually INCREASES the power of the GBB pistols and they merely focus on the pressure of the gas used. With an NPAS unit; I'm sure I can set it at 1J for a CO2 gun and sucessfully persuade any wargame fields to allow me to use my CO2 pistol. To be honest I think I have enough knowledge to make a green gas pistol (hi capa 5.1 - for the barrel length) to shoot at 1.5J or above with the right upgrades (the gas related parts above in my build; the nine ball dyna piston head included spring for the floating valve that is stiffer, PDI 6.01mm TB, and a guarder high output valve - known to have the highest FPS increase BUT FPS variation is a bit more than other high flow valves out there).

I don't believe your glock is a flawed choicewink.gif If I had the competency in machining skills and the right equipment, I'll def. pick a glock or p226 to make my ultimate pistol since it really depends on the style of the gun you want. You wanted a glock because its a striker fired pistol and thats completely fine for your build! I think upgrading pistols are more of a task of balancing which 'look' you want and the upgrades available. Since I wanted performance as a priority over looks; the SVI Infinity look will be the one I'm going for. If the equivalent upgrade parts were available for a glock, I'll switch my entire build over to that in a heartbeatbiggrin.gif

Anyway, good luck on your glock project; if I managed to browse for anything useful for your build, I'll def. let you know about it. I'll update this thread whenever I can to complete my SVI Infinity build parts list and if I get the chance to build it, pics and performance specs will follow. I'll update my parts list again over the coming few days as I'm considering switching the base pistol from a hi capa 4.3 to a 5.1 due to the 'retail' fixed barrels available by airsoft surgeon are only for the 5.1.

Base structure of the gun will be based on the hi-capa. I'm not choosing the 5.1 because some of the parts below will be 4.3 specific (because I can't find 5.1 specific parts for them...probably because I'm lazy).

That? Yeah, explains everything...

This.

I'll take a look at your Glock thread as well wink.gif. I actually wanted to use a p226 for this build (since the stuff I need for a perfect air seal are also available for the p226) but what put me off is the shorter barrel compared to a 1911 and I don't think anybody makes CO2 mags for the p226.sad.gif I really don't want to use an SVI Infinity build since its not actually a 'combat pistol'...but hey, for the pure purpose of building a reliable, CO2 pistol that doesn't hurt anybody in CQB, it'll do tongue.gif.

Since you're only quoting from the my first post, you most likely haven't read the rest of my other posts in response to Dagonet.

You seem to get really anal over the definitions over what a combat pistol and a race pistol are. None of your replies have any constructive inputs. If you can name me one combat pistol that can take a plethora of upgrades to maximise air seal, take CO2 mags, compatible with aftermarket metal body kits and can be upgraded to use an RA Tech NPAS system as well as the current set up I'm proposeing right now then kindly point it to my direction.

If you can't then kindly go troll on other forums.

Still can't see why you don't use basic 1911, sorry. And no, i'm not troll. That only explains why you don't use p226. And yes, I did read your other posts too. Maybe I'm blind and stupid, but can't see your point, I'm sorry, I really am. And for me, combat pistols are the ones that are used by some army, like MEU, M1911A1, M9 P226 etc.

Still can't see why you don't use basic 1911, sorry. And no, i'm not troll. That only explains why you don't use p226. And yes, I did read your other posts too. Maybe I'm blind and stupid, but can't see your point, I'm sorry, I really am. And for me, combat pistols are the ones that are used by some army, like MEU, M1911A1, M9 P226 etc.

You came across as a troll to me from the start. You could've just asked me why I didn't pick the 1911. wink.gif

I didn't reason it here, but I actually wrote up a similar build with a 1911. The base was a KJW CO2 1911 and I had planned to just add a metal slide for externals. Couldn't do it with the frame since the KJW is different from normal 1911 frames to allow for the use of their CO2 mags. The KJW frame doesnt have any 'realistic' markings and if I'm planning to drop so much money to build a pistol I'll want the externals to be just as good as the internals. Another thing is that the CO2 mags for 1911 won't fit kydex mag pouches (I think thats what you call them? the 'hard plastic' ones) since the CO2 capsule is wider than the 1911 mag itself. Then again I could've gone with just filling a green gas mag with CO2 via a madbull CO2 adapter but I read somewhere that the green gas mag vavles are rated for a specific psi rating and CO2 pressure is too high for the valves to take. Personally, if there was a way to get a frame for 1911 that allows me to use KJW CO2 mags and I can get realistic trademarks for it, I'll completely abandon the SVI build.

I reread what I wrote in my first post and maybe I worded it wrong. When I said combat pistol, my mindset was to create something thats not bling bling or shiny, like race guns, but they'll look 'combat ready'. I apologise for that since it'll probably mislead other people as well.

It is really hard to build something that doesn't have any custom-made parts that fufills 2 of my wishes for a combat pistol build; one is the use of CO2 mags and the other is complete FPS adjustability and near 100% effective air sealing for the internals of the pistol. I had to prioitise my wishes and effeciency and ability to use CO2 mags come first than the need to truely build a 'combat pistol'.

There IS actually a way to make this build a 'combat pistol' even if I used a race gun base. Reading the ASC thread for the 1911/hi capa FAQ, Illusion did a hi capa build but the externals look like a Kimber 1911. One thing that irks me though is that the gun is still a double-stack pistol and as such the dimensions are different from a real 1911. Even if I can't really build a combat pistol per my requirements, I'll still like the pistol to be as realistic in the looks department as possible.

Another point that you may want to argue is to find a way to make a regular 1911 mag able to carry CO2 without any gas leak problems. That would indeed solve the 'combat pistol' dillema BUT the 1911 mags are too slim, and hold too little gas. I'll probably get 7 rounds per mag if I used regular mags but I also wanted this build to be skirmishable; 7 rounds per mag for a game when everyone is using high caps for their AEGs or 20+ rounds per mag for a pistol will be disadvantageous for you (assuming you and the other player's skill level are the same).

I hope you get what my goals are for this build, and why I end up using the hi capa as my base gun. If in the future I can transfer all the stated upgrades into a combat pistol base, I'll completely abandon the hi capa as a base.

Archived