DIY Idea - The MESABLAROAT

Redshirt 1-7

What is the MESABLAROAT, you ask?

The Most Epicly Stupid and Bad-Looking Assault Rifle of All time. It is positively the most ugly, detestible assembling of horse excrement to every be "fecured" anywhere on this Earth:

rscustom13.jpg

I must have been sloshing about in a drunken stupor when I envisioned this horror of Biblical proportions, because no sober man would ever think of something so hideous and still consider the idea of fielding it anywhere, apart from maybe a night game where nobody could see it in enough detail to mock it's form. So, why am I posting here, you may ask?

Simple, really. The fact of the matter is that I don't know if such a thing is even going to work, never mind whether or not I would be instantly beaten to death by angry purists for lugging the MESABLAROAT out to a skirmish. My question for you guys is simple: will this work without a tremendous amount of manual machining and modification on my part? Will an MP5 full stock ever fit on an M4 body? Will I be able to replace the hand guards with an MP5SD type ect. ect.?

If not, I'll simply conjure up another hopelessly terrifying idea to add to this bizarre pile of feces I call a DIY project and then try to gauge opinions on that.

Silencer is easy, just a tube of the right diamater mounted onto the front end.

The stock is a little harder, but you should be able to form a block that mounts onto the armabrite stock tube, and that the MP5 stock mounts to.

Depending on your level of skill, it could be really simple, or a non starter.

It's not so much an abomination as a 'parts bin special'

Without a huge amount of filling and fettling the MP5 stock won't fit onto the M16 receiver....And the way you've shown it attached you won't be able to use the cocking lever (if that's important- which from a 'suspension of disbelief' it should be!)

Finally- the really good thing about the M4/M16 is the straight line from muzzle to buttplate afforded by the way the stock fits- it speeds up aiming a treat....Putting the 'dog leg' into the line with an MP5 stock is an ergonomic backwards step IMHO.

But- if you do manage it- post pics by all means

Archived