Stoner is finally coming

Agent47

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long have we waited for this? Must be 4 years+ :blink:

yeah should be something like that

I think they had the whole RD team working on the GBB rifle development type stuff and then the whole magpul stuff come around.

Their was lots of money to be made there

I just wasn't on their priority list,

I think they had one guy working in the basement on this :D

God bless that one man .. I suppose CoD Black Ops in no way had anything to do with this .. obviously :P

obviously :D whatever the reason, it's here !!

can't wait to get my hands on it

Also interested what they did on the technical side, from the pictures it looks like they have some sort of quick detach barrel or hop or whatever, let's hope they also found a good reliable way for the feeding

1 kidney for sale

LOL :D sold one of mine a long time ago to get his baby !!

no I guess around 6 or 700 USD, can be slightly more then their other MG type stuff MG's

More R&D I guess; wait and see

same here, but i'm putting my 602 and XM up for sale to get this

I can only hope that it will come out somewhere in the 500 dollar range.

And then A&K will clone it. And I will be able to afford it.

It is the first sign of the apocalypse my brethren.

Next they will drop PKM's and RPD's.

And the seventh seal will open, the ground will split, and Satan himself will rise from the fiery depths to consume us all.

And he will have the face of the CEO of Cybergun, who as we all know, is pure evil.

I can only hope that it will come out somewhere in the 500 dollar range.

And then A&K will clone it. And I will be able to afford it.

Companies like A&K (and all the other cheapo chinese copy companies) are a plague for innovative manufacturers and that's not only for airsoft! Offcourse we all like affordable airsoft rifles, but we also like new (better) stuff. If everybody did as they are doing, we wouldn't see a Stoner or even an m4 airsoft rifle.

So don't cheer for clones and support those who deserve it ;)

Companies like A&K (and all the other cheapo chinese copy companies) are a plague for innovative manufacturers and that's not only for airsoft! Offcourse we all like affordable airsoft rifles, but we also like new (better) stuff. If everybody did as they are doing, we wouldn't see a Stoner or even an m4 airsoft rifle.

So don't cheer for clones and support those who deserve it ;)

Oh they are, don't get me wrong. I support innovation. I'd support innovation more if further companies started catering to niche markets like this. (I want a goddamn PKM)

The point is, I don't buy clones because I am cheap, I buy clones because despite how innovative it may be, peoples is broke these days. And yes, I am well aware that some of the cloners are of dubious quality, but that's what I can afford most times. The only reasons these days that I own some of my nicer guns is a luck-roll of the dice on the Arnies classified and occasionally a splurge.

Innovative as it may be, 500+ upwards for a gun like this? In THIS economy?

I don't care if Eugene Stoner himself rose from the grave and assembled it for me, I will still wait for the $250 / 300 A&K version.

Not a single *fruitcage* is given this day.

A small update from G&P:

GP-AEG015

Magazine Capacity: 1200

Built Material: Aluminum,PA,Steel & Die-Cast

Inner Barrel Length: 440mm

Gearbox: Version 2 with 8mm Bearing Full Assemble

Motor: G&P M120 Hi-Speed

Battery: Maximum can fit 10.8v 4400mAh Battery (Not Include)

Included:

-Die-Cast made Body

-PA+GF: Handguard/Grip/Buttstock

-Aluminum made One Piece Outer Barrel

-Steel made Flashider

-Die-Cast made Rear Sight

-Complete Gearbox with Steel Gears & Spring Guide

-Auto Loading Ammo Box (1200rds)

How typical of G&P to design a LMG with V2 internals <_<

But perhaps, the Polar Star HPA kit would do it justice? :P

Shouldn't be that bad with the V2, I've been running a 8mm G&P in my A1 for quite some time.

Only thing I changed was install a systema wire and switch set and about a 90 spring

if you don't overstress the box you could be running for years with no probs.

If you then add a mosfet, then you could have even less trouble.

I agree that when you run a v3 you have less trouble with the motor rocksolid, and less stuff inside the box. or even a HPA :)

But if you install a good rubber and nub, and good lipo to ramp the ROF a little bit up, then we should have something gold here !

You could always do better, but if you treat it right, no prob

Also the ready stream of replacements parts for V2 is quite good

My main thought is that it looks gorgeous! I won't be buying one because of poverty but it's nice to see something that's trully different and by the looks of things pretty damn solid! Mostly I just like to see another gun that can't be magpulized.

damn straight bro, I think that's the reason why they waited so long to pick up work again,

that magpul stuff is like a damn virus ! everyone's seems to be infected lately

The stoner is a gun to shoot, not to show off with

at least that's my take on it :)

This was a long, useful, informative post related to the topic at hand, but the forum made it dissapear and i cba to type it all again, so to summarise;

G&P V2 Gearbox is perfectly fine unless you want silly RoF, high FPS or immensely long bursts of fire.

I want one.

I hope they release the Car-15 first, though.

I'll find a way to magpul it to annoy people.

I'm hoping it can be switched from right-hand feed to left-hand feed and use M4 magazines (I know the stoner used it's own steel mags, but the M4 STANAG is the closest airsoft analogue).

Still, *fruitcage* WANT.

yeah that would be sweet if it was anything like the real thing, not to sure that G&P went down that road, but would be sweet !!

If you could make a carbine version you could use the ICS galil mag,

the Galil 40 rounder is the EXACT mag the Stoner came with, Israeli's just took it and adopted it to fit the Galil, you can see it in the original Stoner sales brochure from the sixties.

Ooh nd the first person that magpulls it will be dickslapped and skull*fruitcage*ed to death personally be me :D

Archived