Zeta labs spring Mosin Nagant!

ninja master of coffee

Just got this back from Airsoft Panda

Dear Adrian , Good day! thank you very much for your enquiry! The estimated price for the Zeta-Labs Mosin Nagant would be under $300 USD , as the shipping weight with packing is still unknown , we are not able to inform you the exact shipping cost , the estimated range is $57~67 USD. As the upcoming Zeta-Labs Mosin Nagant is limited edition, please don't miss out =) Have a nice day!
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, not impossible to upgrade, the spring at least will be possible to swap out and without knowing about the quality of the rest of the internals we can't really say it won't be at all servisable as skirmish weapon... That said I am, like most everyone here, rathe baffled as to why they decided to not make it a VSR based gun and only do a limited run....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/2291

Slings also on sale now, $18.50.

I guess one isn't included with the rifle.

kinda funny as it comes with the sling from the manufacturer, i guess panda decided to get maximum profit and sell it separately...nice one there (sell something that should come with it for free :P)

Have to admit that tactic00led nagant looks impressive, needs moar magpul though :lol:

Back on topic, BB loading seems a bit weird to me and not very skirmishable although you are playing as sniper and have loads of time to reload quietly... I would have preferred a VSR10 mags sistem :(

Have to admit that tactic00led nagant looks impressive, needs moar magpul though :lol:

Back on topic, BB loading seems a bit weird to me and not very skirmishable although you are playing as sniper and have loads of time to reload quietly... I would have preferred a VSR10 mags sistem :(

It'd be nice if that, when the bolt is pulled back, the feed lip of the internal mag would be exposed, allowing you to refill it using a speed loader, faux clip-fed style.

But, it's hard to tell from the pics and I can't seem to find any reviews or other shots of it.

-T.S.

Edit: I'm tempted to buy the carbine to check it out, but I'm certain I won't have any funds to get the sniper set if it ever comes out...

Argh...

Not a fan of the nagant, but if it had VSR internals it would be a great way to snipe in style and class (too many VSRs and L96 out there :lol: ) but seeing pics... well, I cant see it being very skirmishable, hope it performs good enough for the role or it will just be a nice wallhangerbackyardplinker

• 2 weeks later...

I just went down to the airsoft panda shop and held, cocked, and fired the mosin nagant which is a 44 model. The gun feels odd, it felt like most of the weight was in the back instead of balanced like the Tanaka kar98k. The gun was full metal and wood like the website says. Compared to other bolt action rifles the bolt handle feels very short and when you rotate the bolt 90 degrees so it faces straight up it is actually hard to pull back. I had brace the stock against my leg to cock it. When I fully cocked the gun and the bolt was back I saw that it was quite short, probably for the aeg spring and piston, it is definately shorter than any vsr type internals I have seen. Also when pulled back all they way there is a gap infront of the bolt which looks odd and is unattractive. The trigger pull on the gun was very hard, the hardest on any gun I have ever fired, currently I own a we m4 and the trigger pull is much lighter compared to the zeta labs mosin. There is no magazine, I didn't check but I think you put individual bbs in the built in mag on the mosin. In hong kong it sells for 300 USD but I still would not buy it because it does not seem like the quality is there for that price.

I just went down to the airsoft panda shop and held, cocked, and fired the mosin nagant which is a 44 model. The gun feels odd, it felt like most of the weight was in the back instead of balanced like the Tanaka kar98k. The gun was full metal and wood like the website says. Compared to other bolt action rifles the bolt handle feels very short and when you rotate the bolt 90 degrees so it faces straight up it is actually hard to pull back. I had brace the stock against my leg to cock it. When I fully cocked the gun and the bolt was back I saw that it was quite short, probably for the aeg spring and piston, it is definately shorter than any vsr type internals I have seen. Also when pulled back all they way there is a gap infront of the bolt which looks odd and is unattractive. The trigger pull on the gun was very hard, the hardest on any gun I have ever fired, currently I own a we m4 and the trigger pull is much lighter compared to the zeta labs mosin. There is no magazine, I didn't check but I think you put individual bbs in the built in mag on the mosin. In hong kong it sells for 300 USD but I still would not buy it because it does not seem like the quality is there for that price.

Thanks for the overview mate! looks like another good looking useless/unskirmishable gun... :(

Will wait and save in case the G&G K98 is a skirmishable springuer

Thanks for the overview mate! looks like another good looking useless/unskirmishable gun... :(

Will wait and save in case the G&G K98 is a skirmishable springuer

Hmmm, perhaps if a weaker spring was used and the internals were re-lubed, maybe cycling the bolt would be easier?

Also, any ideas on what the fps is stock? Adjustable hop?

Maybe if we're lucky, someone else will stock it at a more affordable price (or maybe someone will clone it...?).

-T.S.

I think you may have expected too much of the gun just because of it's price tag, because i was fully expecting most of what you mentioned, heavy trigger, the odd shape of the bolt handle and heavy cocking, less than perfect weight balance, thease are all traits of the real rifle, and any reasonably faithfull replica of the Mosin Nagant would inherit thease traits in one way or another, the Mosin Nagant is a cumbersome brute of a thing, it's no sleek and smooth Enfield or Kar.

The whole shape of the real gun just doesen't lend itself too well to a springloaded Airsoft gun, so i have never expected this to be as easy to work with as a VSR-10, people have run into the same problems trying to make Custom Mosin's, the more accurate the replica, the harder it gets to make it into a springer, so i was not expecting perfection from this gun either.

But what do you think of the build quality? Did it feel solid and sturdy? Was there any wobble or rattle, anything that felt like it might be weak and break? How did the finish look?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which kind of hop chamber does it use? IIRC if someone wants a precise and far shot he needs a GOOD hop chamber like the one in VSR10s or a decent one from an AEG,f its a propietary hop chamber its a nono waggle.gif for me.

Could you post a ink to the review jimmiroquai?

All I read from the review is that the Hop chamber is Aluminum. Not sure if it's proprietary. But even if it is, that's not necessarily a bad thing. For all we know it could be a better design than the VSR hop chamber...and it could be junk. But what's important is that it takes AEG barrels and hop rubbers...meaning even if the hop chamber was proprietary, it could be very workable/modifiable.

Here's the link:

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11695&start=30

And a new vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6DZ22rEJE

Archived