DEN Trinity falls silent

DEN Trinity has always struck me as having a reputation as a fairly small but well stocked and very efficient and reliable HK site.

I placed an order with them last Friday (12th) and got an email the following day (Saturday) acknowledging Paypal receipt and promising prompt shipping after the weekend.

Since then... absolute silence.

I know that there's this HK mail to the US thing going on, but that doesn't stop them from emailing me and saying there's going to be a delay or they'll try a different carrier.

I've now sent them two *very polite* emails, Wednesday and Friday, and so far... no response.

Is this a one-man operation? Are they on holiday? The main/home page says it was last updated on 2010-11-18, which suggests there is some activity.

They're not on holiday. It's a full blown retail store of which I've visited many times. Interesting they haven't responded. May I suggest calling? I find I've had luck in calling these kinda stores and get a more prompt response than e-mail.

Edited by AnakChan

It takes an average HK retailer about 2-7 days from payment to ship. Uncompany will ship in 2 days (unless out of stock), while WGC will take up to 4-7 days to ship. Most retailers are inbetween. Add an extra day for shipping quote.

They are still better than ebaybanned...which can take 7+ days to ship and can get orders wrong, but their prices make up for it. :)

On their "How to order" page they make the following claim:

"95% of our orders shipped within 24 hours. The remaining 5% are custom guns that require a little more time to prepare."

Perhaps naively, I thought that this would be pretty much how things would happen, especially after their very speedy initial response.

Today, I finally got an email saying they'd be shipping... tomorrow.

Which makes them a good deal slower than eHobbyAsia, RedWolf, WGC, AirsoftGlobal, and even KHMountain, all of whom got stuff out the door within 24-48 hours.

I sent my dad there last week while he was in HK, they were open and as usual very helpful. I think a lot of this has to do with the asian olympics, I know some HK retailers are kinda worried about shipping items while mainland is dropping the hammer on airsoft items....

Den Trinity is most definately not an one man op lol :D

Last time I was there, there were 3 on the shop front and at least 2 who work in the back room.

Like most HK retailers, they may say 2-3 days from order to ship but it's more luck of the draw than pure science as to when it ships.

EG I ordered from Ehobby Asia at 1am 9th Nov 2010 (9am HK time), I only got my order yesterday as it was only shipped on the 17th.

Contrast that with an order I placed with WGC 10 minutes after the Ehobby one, I recieved the WGC order on the 10th.

Placed an order Sunday and payment yesterday, its shipped today. Thats about typical for me with them.

Dentrin is a good place to find some oddball parts that its harder to find elsewhere, and obviously full assortment of SD stuff(store brand). But their site is horrid....