UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Hmm,

This is surprising. I would have figured they always preferred to have outside people do accessories like the Mac11 extensions and Mp7 extensions. Go figure.

I wonder if it is KSC re-releasing their version of the Mp9 silencer.

I remember seeing RA-tech announce one, not sure what happened to that though

A Kings Arms M2 - fairly large with angled mount and lens covers. Works really well but I fancied something smaller and more in keeping with the gun but don't really like the reflex style where the light is shone onto a single upright lens at one end. My buddies got an MP5 and has a pretty small red dot on that which seems to work ok despite it's size.

Well I got my new KWA ASG MP9 tonight. Put about 20 rounds in the mag and took it outside into the dark. First impressions - man is it LOUD! Second impressions- man is it REALLY LOUD on full auto. My neighbours horses all bolted even though I wasn't firing anywhere near them. Feels great in the hand - I agree the foregrip is perfect. Then took it inside for a better look over. Nice trades - particularly once I removed the cheap 'built in Taiwan' sticker to reveal the proper branding. Gun feels really solid and is a nice weight when magged up. The sights are very basic and no doubt will work fine but I'll probably use it with a red dot all the time as I'm not that into iron sights anyway (yep I'm lazy and a rubbish shot with them). Took me a few minutes to work out the bolt action and the bolt catch etc but it's actually really straight forward externally even for a gas gun newbie like myself. The bad news? Well I looked inside the gun through the bolt slide(?) and can see that the bolt catch is shiny on the edge. I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be from new so unless it's been prepped already it stands a chance it's rubbing on the bolt as others have; described despite what the shop said. KWA do apparently test fire every gun but as everything else looks matt black in there I reckon it must be rubbing. Looks like I'm going to have to do the famous bolt catch mod as described on the KWA forums to prevent damage whether I like it or not. Bit rubbish really as I'm nervous about taking it apart (or actually getting it back together!). Still I'm looking forward to shooting it again in daylight and getting it chronoed on green and predator ultra (my site's gas of choice). I'll let you know how I get on and post pics in the next few days.

Ok ,so I fitted my Aimpoint t1 clone and had a second shoot this evening. Shoots fine on abbey ultra. Had a couple of mag jams - bb's side by side. Probably my rubbish loading technique though. Keep forgetting when to rack the bolt and activating the bolt catch. Gun still worked fine though. Appeared to be shooting straight without hop at cqb ranges but need a bigger area to really put this to the test. In the cool of this evening I was getting about 90 rounds out of one fill so easy two mags probably more on a warmish day. Feels good on the hands and should be ace for cqb. Can't wait for my next game!

Going to get chrono'ed on Friday with Green and Abbey Ultra. The leaflet in the box said FPS is 328 and I guess that's meant to be on green so it will be interesting to see what it scores. We are allowed up to 350 single shot for CQB so should be ok. I am going to have to save up for more mags though - it burns through a mag in a blink on auto!!