UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Had problems with cool down on my Mp9 yesterday. Noticeable loss of power and frosting on the ejection port/ hop cover. It was around 6 degrees and got worse as temperature dropped late in the afternoon. Managed to cope by putting mags inside shirt and either holding the receiver in between games or blowing on any visible frosting until it thawed. Not ideal though.

On the plus side the falcon tightbore and new hop rubber made an already fun gun much more accurate.

I had Faramon's MP9 for a while, But dual wielding is fun right up until the point of reloading,

Well I figure the cool thing is I have two dump pouches so I can drop the mags out without letting go of either SMG and since these mags are the same dementions I can have them loaded feed lips up so after I dump the empties, I can just slide them in until they lock, pull them up and out and send home the bolts.

Obviously this would only be in the case of a oh *suitcase* moment where speed is key, the rest of the time I'll just reload both like I do when I run dual pistols.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a KMP9R a couple of days ago, and I have to say I'm impressed. It's just as loud as my Viper M4 on CO2, and the ROF is quite high. I got it used off ebay with 2 mags. I found BBs would stack up in the barrel and roll out on full auto, and stretching the disconnector spring fixed that. The ball bearing was missing from the hop up, so I made a makeshift R-hop with a pen's rubber grip. The only thing I didn't like was the folding stock's wobble.

I originally bought this to convert a KSC TMP, but it will not work without a lot of modification. Basically, everything is switchable between the two except the hammer assemblies. I thought that the lower receiver was just hollow and everything was self contained in the hammer assembly housings, but it turns out that both lower receivers have specific protrusions to accommodate the different mechanisms. The KWA charging handle does not work well in the KSC. The triggers are swappable with some small modifications. The selector systems aren't compatible, the detent positions are molded into the receiver, the TMP has 3 and the MP9 has 2. The front sight posts are also swappable, with the MP9 one being a mm taller. The KSC TMP is made with shinier ABS compared to the KWA's FRP, but the KSC has better finished metal parts.

And here's a quick pic of my modernized SPP, hopefully that balances out my long rambling post.

DSC_4082.jpg

Yep, this was a big issue when they first came out. buy some springs from EHobbyAsia called Action Spring Set for MP9(or with a name to that effect) and use a dab of suerglue on the posts (and/or add a very small groove to keep the spring in place) and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the advice. My gun is currently running fine on 1 nozzle spring, so when that fails, I'll get the Action set.

Also, my hammer broke today, at the right axle. Teaches me not to buy used guns off of Ebay..

To fix it without access to a machinist, you'll need:

-5/32 roll pin

-5/32 drill bit

-Cordless drill(I used a 9.6V)

-3/8OD (5/32 or greater)ID nylon bushing

-Preferably a vise

These parts were all sourceable from a local hardware store.

You basically need to drill through the center of where the axle used to be with the 5/32 drill bit, the deeper the better. Then hammer in the 5/32 roll pin, and make sure it protrudes the same length as the broken axle did. Then slip on the hammer spring, then the nylon bushing(cut to size if needed), and reinstall. That's it. I shot a couple mags already with this mod, works the same as before the hammer broke. Hopefully it doesn't break again.

I had Faramon's MP9 for a while, But dual wielding is fun right up until the point of reloading, I didn't even bother trying at a skirmish. When I sold it back to Faramon, I just replaced the mags that had gone with the deal.

Ollie is like a foster home for MP9's ... he raises them good xD

I took my MP9 out for a skirmish a few weeks ago down the Mall .. oh god .. it was awesome, missed having this little beast for CQB.

Thanks for the advice. My gun is currently running fine on 1 nozzle spring, so when that fails, I'll get the Action set.

Also, my hammer broke today, at the right axle. Teaches me not to buy used guns off of Ebay..

To fix it without access to a machinist, you'll need:

-5/32 roll pin

-5/32 drill bit

-Cordless drill(I used a 9.6V)

-3/8OD (5/32 or greater)ID nylon bushing

-Preferably a vise

These parts were all sourceable from a local hardware store.

You basically need to drill through the center of where the axle used to be with the 5/32 drill bit, the deeper the better. Then hammer in the 5/32 roll pin, and make sure it protrudes the same length as the broken axle did. Then slip on the hammer spring, then the nylon bushing(cut to size if needed), and reinstall. That's it. I shot a couple mags already with this mod, works the same as before the hammer broke. Hopefully it doesn't break again.

Can you include pics of the proccess? I just baught a MP9 package and after a single freaking BB the bolt wouldn't charge back. After looking inside I see that the hammer was busted also at the right side of the pivot point. I guess this fact slipped the seller's mind when he posted the deal. I wish I would have noticed this immediately after purchasing the gun but I don't have a back yard or garage so I had to wait till I hit the field on this past Saturday to find the issue. Does KWA sell replacement parts for this or is Modding the only way to get this gun up and running?

Thanks!

EDIT-Airsoft Outlet NW does have a replacement hammer for $8 plus shipping. Maybe I'll just go that route though I will admit that $10 shipping on a 2 ounce part costing $8 seems quite retarded.

Thanks again.

Edited by Nailz
  • 2 weeks later...

I just run with a single point sling so I removed the folding stock as I didn't use it at all. "punching out" the MP9 forward to acquire sight picture makse the sights adequate for its purpose. Good hop-up I will say. I'm gonna throw in a TBB and see what benefits I can find.

I had read elsewhere that they were fixed, but I'm glad to know they're not.

Nailz, is running without the stock a handicap in longer range engagements, or is the gun ill-suited for that anyways?

Thanks for your input, I have a feeling I'll be picking one of these up soon.

Yeah you're not wrong there. By putting your head in line with the sights, even if you cant quite make out the sight picture you're adjusting your sight to see the flightpath. but CQB only im afraid, I wish I could get mine more accurate for longer ranges, but short of modding the entire hop up, I doubt thats gonna happen. Unless of course KWAs newly designed hop up can be switched into older style guns.