UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Also, since starting to play Airsoft I've received a differet nick which is milkshake which is why one of my vids is under my YouTube channel milkshakechucker lol. Hope you like the vid and if all goes as planned ill have some new footage of dual-wielding MP9s.

Man I love Thunder Bs

Edited by Nailz

Hello. Sorry it's been too clear here for me to see the Stunt signal on the clouds.

Actually, what does Batman do when it isn't cloudy? Eh?

What you need to do is remove the cage with all the trigger mechanism parts in it.

Separate the trigger mechanism from the trigger bar.

Remove the 2 pins at the front of the mech cage (one on either side) and the one long one at the back (goes through both sides and through the trigger bar).

Once they are out the whole mech cage should lift out and you can disassemble it separately.

Bit of a fiddly job but shouldn't present too much of a problem.

I've done it a few times but I don't have any pictures and I'm at work typing this from memory.

I might get round to doing some this weekend.

Edited by amateurstuntman

Ok. I was able to get the trigger mech and trigger bar out in one piece without much issue so I skipped that step and then moved on to removing the pin that goes through the back of the trigger bar. From there I went for the mech cage.

So, removing the front mech cage pins is a bit of a *badgeress* but doable. I used a flat head off of my leatherman wave to get in between the abs frame and the cage. A little bit of light cursing and muscle and I was able to get both sides up and out. Remove the two little screws on either side (long one on the left if you orient the GBB with you looking from the rear and muzzle forward) and then you can get the hammer out. Side note, the real PITA was getting the little 'wheel' pin in and out to swap it from the old hammer in to the new hammer. Jeez KWA, how about just selling your hammers with these already installed in the new ones eh? I'll pay the extra dollar to not have to deal with it. Pop on the spring and spring guide cylinder and put back in where you need to. Screw in screws and drop in the mech cage back into the lower receiver/frame of the GBB. Careful now, you over stress and crack it and there goes your structural integrity. Throw the trigger bar and trigger mech back in, screw down the hoyah that holds it in place and put the trigger spring back on and Bobs your uncle. I'll throw up the iPhone pics I took later tonight to try and help anyone else who may have to deal with this PITA.

Thank you Ollie and amateurstuntman for your help, I couldn't have done with out you guys.

Edited by Nailz
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*sigh* i'm pretty sure I posted in this thread before but can't find it. My KMP9's gas efficiency isn't working out to great, noticed during a game that my buddy would try to empty the mag on full auto(I told him 'Keep it on semi"), but it would run out of gas before it got to that point. Full magazine, filled properly, Mag isnt leaky, propane in 70F+ weather. What do you guys look for when solving gas efficiency problems? I believe the mag's seal is sitting properly against the cylinder. I have noticed that the gas release valve spits out gas along the seam of the "button" which the hammer hits, but have been told this is normal though. Any suggestions?

Oh dear, you might have exposed me for the fraud I am. :nosleep:

It isn't brand new, though when it was I probably got a mag and a half of full auto if I remember correctly. 2 Magazines if semi auto was used. Which still contradicts all the reports I saw of people getting 3+ magazines, full auto on a cold day. :no:

I fill it until it starts spitting propane back at me, then repeat that several times until i'm sure the magazine is full.

I'm a relative idiot when it comes to gas in mag guns, being that I bought this shooter used i've always been wary of its performance.

Just bought one, a tan one with rail ^^. It's really loud, I didn't expect that :-D. I have made the bolt catch rounder, as shown on the thread ;-).

When I tried to put a foregrip on it, the foregrip (one that came with my g&p sentry) doesn't fit... Has anyone else had the same problem?

It's a beast :-D

*sigh* i'm pretty sure I posted in this thread before but can't find it. My KMP9's gas efficiency isn't working out to great, noticed during a game that my buddy would try to empty the mag on full auto(I told him 'Keep it on semi"), but it would run out of gas before it got to that point. Full magazine, filled properly, Mag isnt leaky, propane in 70F+ weather. What do you guys look for when solving gas efficiency problems? I believe the mag's seal is sitting properly against the cylinder. I have noticed that the gas release valve spits out gas along the seam of the "button" which the hammer hits, but have been told this is normal though. Any suggestions?

Does your KMP9 have the green piston seal or the orange?

Try shimming the gas route rubber on the mag with a piece of cardstock, that's what I did to mine to improve efficiency. Also make sure the valve knocker and valve knocker lock move smoothly.

My KMP9 has a recoil weight installed, and I'm able to get just about 1 mag on propane doing a full auto dump. I'm going to soak the release valve in silicone oil for a couple hours, and see if that improves efficiency.

Hi All,

2 quick questions.

I live in Japan and am very interested in picking up one of these. I will most likely only use HFC gas with it.

The first page spoke of some of the differences in the different models, but the image is no longer there to view the comparisons. At the top of this page is a clear message to get the Sytem 7 version.

How do I tell what version I am getting when I buy?

I have found a KSC Taiwan in Tan for under 200 that I am interested in buying, but wanted to check that it's the "right" one before buying.

Will all KSC branded mags work with each other, regardless of Japan or Taiwan version?

Thanks.

Yeah the mags are all the same, AS LONG as they are S7. The easiest way to tell is to look at the magazine follower itself. On the system 7 ones, the follower can be manipulated from the front, whereas the non System 7 one is done from the side like THIS