UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

My stock wobbled a little when its locked open. I solved it by PVA gluing a piece of black card onto the back of the MP9 to eliminate the gap between the back of the MP9 and the face of the stock.

My magazines probably have about 1/4mm of play, but I've never had an issue, and I suppose you could shim that out with more black card.

The silencer I have has a bit of wobble but nothing that affects the flight path of the BBs. I thought the B&T one would be a better fit, I guess not.

Thanks guys. What about play between the upper and lower receiver?

Also one of the MP9s came without nozzle springs...(second hand), don't have any gas to see if it can even fire without them. On the same MP9, there is WAY too much play on the barrel, the posts that the bolt/barrel assembly slots into has a lot of up and down movement :/ How is it attached? I saw no screws.

I know that Amateurstuntman's MP9 doesn't have any nozzle springs and it works OK. If the barrel is wobbling, have a look inside the fore grip, there should be a screw in there which holds the posts into the lower receiver.

Well I'll find out about the nozzle soon enough. The problem is that I have the railed version, going to be a PITA. Also, for the third time, receiver wobble normal yes or no? :P

Thanks.

If I keep these I think I might find a way to get an M4 stock tube on it....

Sorry, I kept forgetting about the receiver wobble! If yours is wobbling I'd say that's also to do with the loose part you have. The screw that holds the upper receiver on screws into there so if that wobbles, so will the upper!

Looking at the manual it looks like you have to remove the rail to get to the screw that holds on the muzzle base clamp (that's what the manual calls it).

mp9man.png

• Like 1

Yikes, and I just put the thing back together :P

Thanks for the help!

Only remaining issue is that the bolt won't go fully forward until the hammer is released, I suspect the hop rubber is swollen :/ Think I'll give the Falcon rubber a chance.

Edited by AG1212

You can also try soaking the hop rubber in warm water with some soap, that's supposed to take away the swelling. Yet another thing (which is worth trying if the hop rubber doesn't work) is to EVER SO SLIGHTLY stretch the disconnecter spring. I emphasize ever so slightly because that's all it needs. You can do it with a flat head screw driver but take it easy and don't go mad.

The above suggestion was one from the KWA forums, I've not had to do it myself but it's just another option in case the new hop rubber doesn't work.

As a side note, electrical tape is your friend! 2 layers made the stock as solid as it will ever be, and 1 small layer on the barrel reduced wobble on the silencer by like 90%

It is indeed, you can put some tape over the spring guide holder and a tiny bit in the gap in the charging handle to stop gas going in your eye!

Got some gas today, so far not so good: the gun doesn't load a bb into the chamber from time to time, I think either I am leaving gaps between the bbs or the follower is getting stuck. The latter seems more likely due to it not locking back from time to time, but that might be due to cool-down. Also when in auto, the bolt doesn't lock back, I have to stop firing my burst then fire again for it to lock.

This may be due to sticky followers or gas cooldown, not sure. One of the mags is leaking anyway, are they easy to take apart? Don't see any screws or pins.

Update: When the mag stops feeding, I notice there's a BB stuck in front of the rubber, and in one MP9 the BBs roll out the barrel. So it's safe to say both rubbers are swollen. None of the mags feed regardless it would seem, the followers are still sticky. Might it be the brand of BB too?

Edited by AG1212

The manual has a break down of the MP9 magazine. http://kwausa.com/files/3213/0945/4762/MMD10_KMP9_V01.pdf

I can't think off the top of my head what would be causing the other issues though.

Thanks for the link.

I tried a cheaper brand of BBs and ironically the feed a little better. One of the mags is 100% now, the rest still don't feed from time to time though. When I load up the BBs and let the follower go up, sometimes it moves very slowly as if it's moving through heaps of grease or something.

I am getting so fed up with airsoft at this stage, my 50e POS DE shotgun is working 100% to this day, and my TM Glock is still working despite the front of the slide being cracked from green gas.

I must be one of the unluckiest guys in airsoft :rolleyes:

Anywho, I'll soak the rubbers, tighten down the barrel assembly and tinker with the mags and see if that changes anything at all. What brands of BBs do you guys use? First BBs I tried were some weird new brand but the BBs look very similar to G&G or KA, the second I tried were brandless BBs I bought at a site.

Edited by AG1212

I'm currently using AIM top BB's. My local site stock them and they're just the easiest for me to use, the bonus is that my guns run through them perfectly. I'm using .28's in my MP9 at the moment but I might switch to something slightly heavier to give it just a bit more accuracy. I can't wait until the weekend when I test the range in daylight! I've just tuned the hop after Amatuerstuntman sliced off a little of the hop rubber so it no longer over hops .28's and going by torchlight it seems to be going very nicely.

I'm currently using AIM top BB's. My local site stock them and they're just the easiest for me to use, the bonus is that my guns run through them perfectly. I'm using .28's in my MP9 at the moment but I might switch to something slightly heavier to give it just a bit more accuracy. I can't wait until the weekend when I test the range in daylight! I've just tuned the hop after Amatuerstuntman sliced off a little of the hop rubber so it no longer over hops .28's and going by torchlight it seems to be going very nicely.

Over hopping .28s? Well I'm glad mine isn't doing that. The one that works has a decent trajectory. I also managed to get 2 out of 5 mags to work by lubing the follower. Only problem is that if I fire too fast they miss-feed, I have no idea why.

EDIT: Is this any good? Anything else aside from rubbers and springs that are worth getting?

Edited by AG1212

Got some gas today, so far not so good: the gun doesn't load a bb into the chamber from time to time, I think either I am leaving gaps between the bbs or the follower is getting stuck.

If you are leaving gaps that has an effect, try not to do it.

The latter seems more likely due to it not locking back from time to time, but that might be due to cool-down. Also when in auto, the bolt doesn't lock back, I have to stop firing my burst then fire again for it to lock.

They do seem to have issues locking back properly, mine seldom does it. I suspect the bolt holding open device is too heavy for its spring to overcome the inertia in the short time it has to engage.

This may be due to sticky followers or gas cooldown, not sure. One of the mags is leaking anyway, are they easy to take apart? Don't see any screws or pins.

Gas cooldown shouldn't be an issue, even is fairly cold temperatures, however the followers can get very sticky.

Update: When the mag stops feeding, I notice there's a BB stuck in front of the rubber, and in one MP9 the BBs roll out the barrel. So it's safe to say both rubbers are swollen. None of the mags feed regardless it would seem, the followers are still sticky. Might it be the brand of BB too?

BBs rolling out of the barrel is the opposite of a swollen rubber, if they roll out it is either that there is no hop on at all or that you are double feeding, which would be a mag issue.

Brand of BB and sticky followers are almost certainly your problems here.

OK, so lubing the mag follower is the worst thing you can do.

You get lube on the bbs which makes your hop inconsistent and the lube attracts dirt which make the followers sticky.

If you have already lubed the followers here is what you do:

1, Remove and clean the hop rubber with dish soap or isopropanol, isopropanol is better. By lubing the follower you have lubed the bbs and therefore the hop rubber too.

2, Disassemble the mags, fully (be sure there is no gas in them before you start).

3, Thoroughly clean the lube from the followers and the bb channels (for extra credit remove the anodising from the bb channels too).

4, Dehorn the bb followers, by that I mean polish the roughness off, pay special attention to the ramp area where the bbs go from double stack to single stack.

5, Use the hardest, shiniest bbs you can get your hands on, they will work the best.

I don't know about the hop rubber you linked but the Falcon one seems good.

• Like 1

You know what?

No need to go that far, I haven't taken the anodising off of any MP9 mags, I have done it on other brands though, it helped.

I didn't need to do it on mine.

Oddly, one of the things that made my mags feed a lot better was the easy load mod I did to them.

I took the spring loaded pin out of the follower and I use a screwdriver bit to hold it in place while I fill the mag through a hole I made in the BB channel.

Made things a lot smoother.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it all out.

The odd thing is that sometimes one mag works 100%, then fails to feed at the end. Most failures occur when the mag starts to run out of gas: the bolt becomes sluggish, and stops sending bbs out the barrel, instead they get stuck in the rubber till enough of them force their way through and the remainder roll out the barrel. Then the mag stops feeding altogether but still cycles the bolt, eventually it runs out of gas, the bolt gets stuck and vents the remaining gas. With one of the mags the last 6 bbs got physically jammed in the feed-tube thing, I had to hack at them with a screw-driver to get out, with the upper most BB stuck in the feed lips. I've also noticed a lot wear behind the feed lips of a lot of the mags.

But like I said, the same mag feeds perfectly then stops feeding properly, some the other way round, some just don't work at all. All save for one which works 100%, so I really doubt it's the gun as you said.

I should mention that the nozzle springs were chewed up, I'm not sure when this happened. So I put in the other bolt which has no springs to begin with, worked find with two mags out of 5.

So I'll disassemble the mags, remove lube/grease, trim the follower, smooth out the tube, remove the loading pins, lube the o-rings, replace the hop-rubbers and replace the springs and report back.

The only other issues are that the bolt-stop continues to eat into the bolt despite me filing it, I'm just afraid of filing too much off. The other is that I still have receiver wobble despite tightening down the screw that you guys mentioned. It certainly helped, but I'll need to see why it didn't eliminate it altogether.

Edited by AG1212