UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I know that it was for the older models. But even when they were being made by KSC with Steyr trades they were still a pain in the *albatross* to get in the states. I have only seen 1 ever. Every single other one is either a unmarked KSC, newer B&T marked KSC, or the KWA one.

I just can't get behind the B&T markings as much because they really didn't do anything to the design to make it their own. Just kinda bought up something Steyr didn't want anymore and rebranded it.

• 4 weeks later...

What's wrong with that? If they didn't, the design would never have reached its status now. Stop being so melodramatic.

Indeed, and at least Glock didn't design it originally, if they had they'd be a nightmare to get hold of in the US with any type of trademarks, plus if Steyr wanted to sell the TMP design then what's the issue with B&T buying it and changing the name? Steyr probably think they're great for doing it.

I just got a KWA MP9 delivered today, lovely gun but I forgot just how chunky it is! Now to tackle the pesky roll pins and strip the thing down <_<

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just did a partial axle replacement with an AR15 hammer/trigger pin as a preemptive measure.  Surprising it is the same diameter as the original pin hole.

I feel like an Orthopedic Surgeon right now LOL :P

Anyone have a picture of any other mechanical failures on the MP9?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Been reading through this thread as I picked up an ASG MP9 a while back. Since most of the activity here was back in 2012 I thought it may be useful to write about some new parts which have become available which may be of interest to more recent readers of this thread.

First up G&G have produced a bayonet to 14mm CCW adaptor to fit other silencers to the ASG/KSC/KWA MP9/MP9R without having to replace the original silencer mount. I wont post links to sites as so many in this thread are now 404. Please use your search engine of choice and vendors should become apparent....

G&G 14mm Negative Threaded Adapter for KWA KMP9 Series Airsoft GBB SMG's  

RA-Tech have produced a new NS2/S7 compatible hop unit which is available with a hop rubber and 6.01 barrel

RA-Tech ESD EVO II Hopup Set with Precision Inner Barrel for KWA MP9 Series Airsoft GBB SMG

Wii Tech have brought out an upgraded hardened steel disconnector which may fix one of the biggest (from later thread posts) failures.

Wii Tech CNC Hardened Steel Disconnector For KSC / KWA MP9 Airsoft GBB SMGs Part no 153

also

Wii Tech CNC Hardened Steel Sear For KSC / KWA MP9 Airsoft GBB SMGs Part no 151

I gather if you have a nozzle failure with an earlier model nozzle, before the redesign, and need to replace the nozzle due to failure a new KWA/KSC replacement will also need the new orange piston seal rather than the green seal you will have fitted with an older nozzle.

While checking out mine I noticed a lot of BB fragments / dust around the hop unit. On closer inspection the Feed Ramp Base (part 18) had been damaged on the feed ramp fingers/prongs. The tip of one had cracked off. Both had nicks and gouges on the leading edge, where the BB first impacts them when stripped from the mag by the nozzle, and had become quite sharp. They were chewing chunks out of BBs so looks like I need a new one. This part is steel already so may be worth keeping an eye on for damage if you see lots of tiny BB chips around the hop unit.

Lastly while my bolt had no signs of wear from the bolt stop I did see signs of similar wear in the rhs bolt guide channel. As the bolt guides (part 66) in the lower receiver are pressed / stamped steel sheet, as with the bolt stop, it isn't too surprising to see that sharp edges / burrs of the pressing affect the bolt in the same way. A spot of delicate needle file fettling has removed the burrs and will hopefully eliminate the bolt wear.

Hope this is useful.

Edited by Mike 8-{>
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just installed the Wii Tech aluminum nozzle, piston head assembly and 130% spring. Drop in fit and and dry fired it just now. Feels really nice, a lot more thunk in the action now with the new parts, especially the spring.

Too bad the Wii rocket valve is glued in there because the gun chronoes 370 FPS with 0.25, like 420 FPS on 0.2. So I would need to get the valve in there :|

• 3 weeks later...

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD :P

You are right.

And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Outer diameter is quare, inner hole is square, vent holes, not square :(

nx_mp9_silencer_derpy_holes.png

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2