Sign in to follow this  
ollie_ty

UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

Just ordered mine, it was that or a we G39 and this looks infinitely more fun.

Can any UK users confirm it works fine on 134a on full auto? Final question; where can I get an npas from?

I was using it full auto on 134a in January when the weather was around -10. So yeah, it's fine.

About the NPAS, its the same one for every NS2/System & gun, so just find an NS2/System 7 NPAS kit ( The MP7 one for example)

Cheers mate! I've asked dreamworx for one of his valves so I can run propane as I've 8 cans lying around!!

Oh and ollie. Thanks for your review; it was what made me order this at long last after toying with the idea for ages! When I saw it and the mags were in stock at AW I had to have it.

Im playing with my Dangerwerx CQB Valve for the first time tomorrow so I'll be able to report my findings aswell. And what I did was hardly a review! I couldnt find the right words to describe it, im a photographer not a writer :P

I think I'll try it au natural first and then with the new valve thingy if required.

Next question; anyone any idea where to get one of the suppressors! I can't find anywhere with em in stock.

Edited by Philbucknall

FYI to anyone who is going to buy one or has just bought one, strip it and lube it... I took mine appart this weekend before firing it, to sand down the mag catch so it wouldnt eat my bolt up, and there was not a drop if silicone or lube anywhere in this thing, bone dry... I could feel it when i was racking the bolt that it was not moving freely. So, anyways, just a tip if you are having problems or looking to get one, lube it!

Well, it was absolutely great on Sunday! 2+ mags out of a fill of gas, and it chrono'd at 285 average at around 10 degrees celcius, give or take.

TRY HERE for the silencer Phil

Edited by ollie_ty

Can someone give me the lowdown on the different versions of this gun? IE KSC/KWA etc. I'm seriously considering getting one of these as my first foray into GBBs, and ideally I'd like the one with full trades and stuff. Also, is there anyway to reduce the power without reducing recoil? I read somewhere on here that the normal NPAS cuts recoil quite a bit as well as power...

Also any recommended mods? The only one I've come across so far is that bolt catch one.

Thanks!

Ive not seen inside the KSC one, but looking at fps ratings, im going to say that they are identical except trademarks. The ASG one has B&T trademarks on it and has etched logos on the lower receiver, the KSC offering is the most realistic as it has engraved trademarks rather than etched ones, and none on the lower receiver

Differense between KSC Japan and Taiwan version is, as I understand it, that the Japan version has a lower limit FPS to comply with Japanese laws, and opssibly better trademarks than the Taiwan version ?

I myself got the KSC TW version and it has the correct trades, it's just that they are engraved/stamped and not filled with white as the ASG/Japan version (?)

KWA version I have no idea really.

And re: the silencer, RA-Tech is making one :

Edited by NonEx

My KWA one arrived today and has no trades at all. Also no instructions. Anyone know where I might find some at all? Thanks.

which instructions do you need? my manual is somewhere but i could probably answer most your questions off the top of my head

The box

407f9246.jpg

Inside with the 3 extra mags

9210030a.jpg

Right side showing lack of trades but markings on bolt

1008d6a0.jpg

KWA markings

83e67ee5.jpg

Only other markings are model type

43d2a289.jpg

Hmm lovely, will test fire later on propane through my xcortech chrono

ae78025f.jpg

Edited by Philbucknall

I modded the bolt lock before I even shot once, then I chronoed the gun on standard GG: 5 shots around 400fps.

I then opened the replica again, and installed the Dangerwerx alu valve: 5 shots around 320fps biggrin.gif

Pics of the KSC MP9 tomorrow! I'll try the same angles we've seen already so we can compare.

I have yet to field test it, but it shoots fine :)

It shoots around 320fps with common GG and close to 300 with what I think is 134A @23ºC or so, so apart from typical gas variations it shoots spot on for that I needed.

Installation was a tad long due to the pins being a bit too hard to take off, but it wasn't difficult at all. I have a two-day game starting this Sat. so I'll have plenty of action to put it to the test ;)

Banged the dangerwerx valve in and it was doing 280-290 on propane usingf 0.25g BB's with superb accuracy and everyone who had a go had a huge grin on their faces afterwards.

Thanks, DangerWerx the valve was excellent and a doddle to install

Congrats man, it really was excellent! Blasted through a dozen mags just letting peeps have a go and they were impressed with the range sound and power which was spot on for our site. Might even use it as a primary.