UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Well we appear to have a nozzle failure on one of ours. Bibbys has gone and our gunsmith has been a little stumped by it - so it's gone back to the shop under warranty. Anyone know if the nozzle is unique or if it its compatible with, say the MP7 one?

G

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any issues with finding the cylinder/piston springs getting chewed up up? I found one of mine had gone when installing the Dangerwerx valve, seems that they can ride up on the posts in operation and ping off. When I get my replacements through from parcelfarce would it be advisable to add a drop of araldite/super glue to the springs to stop them sliding off the posts?

Ive read on KWA forums that the nozzle springs snapping is a somewhat common thing.

They are only tiny after all.

Various retailers stock 'Action' springs for them http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/action-muzzle-spring-set-for-ksc-mp9-and-tp9-smg-gbb.html.

Advertised towards the KSC version but I dont see why they wouldn't work on a KWA.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd drop in here with an update on how my MP9 is going.

Picked up an ASG rebrand of a KWA, turns out it was the freak of the batch doing 390 on green out of the box where all the others were doing about 370. A Dangerwerx valve is ordered and as I'm installing find my springs have snapped. Order some of the Action ones and install them, making sure to use 2 part Instant Clear Araldite to secure the springs at the cylinder posts.

Having read the MP7 thread where another member reported good performance using .28s I loaded up with that weight of ammo, gassed up on propane, kept the mag in a smock pocket for a while, set the hop for a nice 50-60m flight with another mag and chrono'd with a heated mag and came in about 85m/s (or 280fps), difference between .2 and .28 is 55fps (if you use 1.13J in the FPS calculator in the articles section), so 335-340fps. As I shot through the mag the FPS drop off was fairly stable holding around the 80m/s mark. I doubt I will need to buy a can of Predator except for the hottest of days as I got chrono'd mid game and self chrono'd at lunch and found there to be no significant increase from 'body warmed' mags. (To clarify I just throw my mags in the vertical zip pouches on a soldier 95 smock so it probably gets warmer in there than it does if the mags were in external pouches on a rig)

Found that I was getting at least 2 mags per gassing even with the odd spurt of full auto with no noticeable slow down. It was incredibly fun to use and was probably key to me having a really awesome steam rolling day.

By the end of the day I checked the nozzle to see if it was still retracting properly and there was no sign of the springs having gone so I would really recommend to any UK users that have a KWA model to get one of the Dangerwerx installed and at the same time order some of the action springs so if you find your springs have gone while installing your CQB valve you can effect that repair at the same time.

Same temp as you really on the day I picked it up, like I said it shocked the person who was selling it to me (guy who runs the retail attached to my local skirmish site, so it was chrono'd before sale with me present), even towards the end of the mag it was still kicking about 375 and all we were using was regular green gas. Like I said, freak of the batch :blink:

RSM, your reading aren't freakish at all, mine chrono'd around that when I first bought it, as did Faramon's if you look back to the first page. The cylinder springs failing is a very common thing, and its definitely a good idea to araldite a blob onto the spring posts to stop the springs wondering off and getting chewed inside the gun. 3Vil D4n, Is yours the NS2 MP9, or the original KSC MP9? seems weird that your FPS readings are so low, I was getting 370-380 when it was below 0*C here on green gas.

I have a problem with my KSC MP9. I shot maybe 2-3 mags thru it, and then it acted like the power wax cut in half, both sound, recoil and performance dropped off.

Stripped it, lubed it, same thing.

Now when looking at the parts and operation of the gun, when the bolt blows back, it doesnt have enough power to cycle all the way back and drop the hammer fully. When it comes to the position where the hammer is in it's "peak" resistance pressure, the bolt has a very hard time going past, even when cocking manually I can feel it. I checked the standard issued with broken nozzle springs and cracked nozzle, none of it is apparent in mine.

Sometimes it shoots one or two shots OK but then it goes back to being half assed. I looked at the internals and when the hammer drops and is engaging/getting caught on the sear, that is when it's very hard to push down. Can't figure out why this happened.

Any advice ?

Edited by NonEx
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys, got one of these myself last week, got a chance to use it this weekend. Worked pretty well, had a bit of a problem with the bb's sticking down in the mags tho. They were getting caught and jammed before they could even be pushed up into the gun. Tried cleaning the tubes and lubed em, helped a little but one mag was still a pain.

anyone else had this problem? any ideas of how to fix it? thanks

I had the same problem with one mag the other week and I occaisonally get a 'stuck' mag that resolves itself with a tap. I don't think it's the follower but this crops up mostly when I haven't loaded the mag perfectly so there is a gap or two in the double stack, considering the spring is so strong I think it's enough to distort the BBs ever so slightly if there are gaps somewhere in the stack.

I'm using Blaster Devil .28s ....in fact it might be worth if all MP9 users post what brand/weight they use so there is a reference of what the MP9s work well with.