UK Spec KWA KMP9 Pictures

I've managed to knacker the hop parts and had to order spare parts from the USA as the hop rubber just twists when you increase the hop. I'm going to have a play with the bust bits to try and make an h or flat nub. I'll let you know how I get on.

I already added a tightbore which made a minor improvement but have noticed that it has a smaller cut out and the hop doesn't seem to work as well with just that tiny bb. Probably not able to influence the rubber as much. Got falcon hop rubbers on route to try them as well. I must admit I don't have high hopes when the barrel is so short and the ROF is so high. It is what it is - a really fun cqb spray and pray weapon!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stock folded, with Eotech installed   Stock open, Eotech installed.   MP9 with 3 extra mags, came to £329.99 (Excluding Eotech)     So there we have it, now you know what to expect if you b

I agree. Take the bolt off, and carefully check the axle on the hammer.Good shout vilerk.

How kind of you to point that out to someone with a level 10/10 OCD   You are right.   And here I was thinking the only thing "wrong" was that it needed to be rotated 0.25 degrees to the right...

Nailz, is running without the stock a handicap in longer range engagements, or is the gun ill-suited for that anyways?

I'd say removing the stock is a good idea, it's really not accurate enough to bother with shouldering and aiming, and when folded it makes the foregrip really chunky. Remove, point and spray all day.

Olly - have you looked at the barrel on the creation? I've noticed that the hop cutout on the top is much smaller and i'm considering cutting it larger. It might mean that the hopup is less effective as the ball bearing can't press down enough or if it does it forms a small point rather than broad depression.

I wouldent say its CQB only.

I used mine in woodland reguarly without issue.

The lack of accuracy at range does make you run more and look for ways to get closer to your target which I found a lot of fun.

I regret selling mine and I am looking to buy a new one soon.

Just wondering if anyone has spent time using both the MP9 and the VFC MP5 to draw comparisons? Comparing all the aspects like durability, cooldown, performance, range, accuracy, etc. Which one is better?

I have the MP9, and I have played with an MP5 (though not at long ranges). I find the mp9 has less recoild but faster ROF which is strange since the bolt is much larger than the MP5. MP5 felt like it had kick more, but power is much lower than the MP9 and so is the cycling rate.

I don't use my MP9 much so nothing has broken as yet. By modding the hop rubber and barrel I can extend the "man-sized target" range to around 40m. I haven't shot the MP5 enough to say otherwise.

I had an optic on mine but removed it, I can see perfectly well through the iron sights but I don't use them either.

I just point and twitch.

I left the stock on though since it allows me to aim with my whole body.

I love mine it is getting on for being my only gun now.

Nailz, is running without the stock a handicap in longer range engagements, or is the gun ill-suited for that anyways?

Well I have it strapped at the rear with a single-point sling close to the body so as I raise up the SMG I push it away from my body but it is held firm by the sling so it works as well as pulling it back into the shoulder with a stock on IMHO and it cuts weight/bulk. I mean it's not like I'm looking to snipe anyone but I'd say this is a solid 100-110 foot gun. Outside of that and you're relying on the hopup A LOT and curving shots. I just find it easier to use my feet to close the distance and rush the suckas at which point they have to trasition to a pistol but I can keep my SMG roaring lol.

Ollie,

Would you be willing to throw up a picture by picture tear down to the hammer so I can replace it? I have two MP9's (one regular and one railed) and the regular one was shipped to my by the seller busted. 1 BB down range and blammo, nada. I open her up and see that the hammer pivot point on the right is busted and allowing the hammer to raise up misaligning it and halting function. I'd like to get it back up and running and either keep it as a back-up or sell it off with 4 mags.

Thanks if 'yes' and screw you if 'no' lol just kidding.

Edited by Nailz
  • 2 weeks later...

Ill see what I can do, I wonder if Amateurstuntman already has the pics you require......

Any luck my friend? Granted, I can't even get my hands on a replacement Hammer because even KWA can't keep them in stock, a common problem maybe? I dunno, I'll just have to wait and see. If you have the pics it would be great to be able to study them before the part comes in. If not, it's ok too. I'll just poke around and figure it out I suppose.

I did a run through but didn't see an update and asked. I really appreciate it brother. I'm not looking forward to this swap out but I plan on buying maybe 3 of them so that I have backups if this is a weak point of the gun. At $25ish investment I think its a good call because if they are out of stock now, how about a year from now...Hell you can't even find magazines for this thing. I've somehow come up with 2 MP9's, one standard and one railed with 9 mags and I think if this thing can be a reliable platform that I know going in I have to want to have something to tinker with a bit but is still solid on the skirmish field then it's good to go. This would just be another thing I can fall back on in the future months/years to come.

I don't think it is a weak point really. At least I've not had problems with mine, and Mine gets used fairly regularly, even when I'm not skirmishing. I'm pretty sure mags aren't scarce for this gun. I've found plenty of websites overseas that have lots in stock. I bought 4 from an ebay shop who had LOADS left in stock!

Nozzle Springs from a company called Action. A KWA nozzle. Falcon hop up rubber.

Id say thats all you needed. But to be honest if you've added a drop of superglue to the ends of the springs on either side, they should hold.

Ill see if I can get those disassembly pics for you tonight, I've been really busy lately but I am trying. Its a step into the dark for me too mate!

I really appreciate it Ollie. I called customer service and even though their site says out of stock I was able to buy 2 hammers, a set of nozzle springs, a couple of feed lips and inlet valves for the mags since orders of $30 have free shipping which was going to be like $10 anyway.

I'll get a couple nozzles next time. So the parts are on their way and I'm amped to get this puppy up and running because I think I've solved my dual-wield issues. Once all parts and gear come in I'll shoot some pics of my set-up for your opinions.

Also, where were you able to find a Falcon Bucking? I see THIS and THIS but no Falcon. Also, do you think an Aluminum Piston Head is in order like THIS one or a waste of time and $$?

Thanks again Ollie, I really really appreciate it. If I could paypal you a lager I would my friend.

Edited by Nailz