My experience with Clarence Lai

Pato

Something happened that I guess could be called a small miracle.

Clarence e-mailed me and asked me for my bank account details so that he can send the money back to my account.

Of course I sent them to him! That was on February 8th.

I haven't received any money yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Yeah would love to hear that this was finally resolved for you.

I have to admit that his being linked to redwolf is making me somewhat reluctant to use them at the moment, what if he 'deals' with my order... I know over all they're a great company, but the fact that someone who has done something like this works for them now makes me a bit cautious.

Well, Being in HK at the mo and Have been to majority of the Airsoft Shops.........All i can say that their customer support and service in Shops are absolute ######.

I have been into Guns N Guys twice to ask about products of which i was interested in purchasing (ICS M4 & Guarder Chono 2000) and twice they did not have stock and did not know when they would have them in stock.

Another question i put to them was how would they compare a CA M15 & a ICS M4.....their reply..........we dont know??????? WTF i thought

All the Airsoft Shops don't seem to want to help or discuss things with you.....I get the feeling of their thinking is "If your not buying then Bugger off".......as they definitely will benefit more from selling their stuff online as they make more money.

Being that i am a very big Airsoft enthusiast, i'm very disappointed in how they treat their customers........their main concern is Give us your money first then ask us questions later.

Hi Mickyc,

I totally agree with you on the points of customer service here in Hong Kong. Though I do live in Hong Kong now, I spent most of my life in

Canada, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Few things I've learned about the airsoft industry though. Not only are retailers dodgy but often suppliers are too. So when you do get the reply, "we don't know when we're getting them in", well, usually they are telling the truth (so much for supply chain management). They just don't know how to tell you nicely nor do they think it's worth explaining. When it comes to brand comparison. They will usually only give you advice on brands they carry and not competitor brands. Furthermore, you're right in saying, to them, everything's just about $$.

But back to Clarence Lai, for some strange reason I did manage to get my hands on Clarence Lai's personal SV Infinity 5.1 set serial # CL18. And no, Clarence didn't build this one. ;)

Not trying to rain on your parade ( I dont know what details you gave him) but If he is an imposter then he could take a good chunck/all of your money from your bank acount, so I would contact your bank and lock out withdrawls for a week or so just to ensure that nothing goes wrong.

Good luck though, I always hate to hear about these kinds of experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I got news!

After I waited for more than five years I finally got most of my money back!

In February 2004 I sent Clarence 2127 US Dollars.

I got 1367,73 Euros back. That should be something between 1930 US Dollars and 1940 US Dollars. That means that Clarence still owes me at least 187 US Dollars.

I did e-mail him again but for now I am happy about the 1367,73 Euros.

So far I paid around 187 Dollars for more than five years of trouble but that's still better than paying 2127 Dollars.

I still think that Clarence might be the best airsoft gunsmith in the world but for sure he is also the worst person that I ever tried to do business with!

I hope you all learned something today! :waggle::D

Thank you for your attention

Pato

Thanks! :)

I will have to disappoint you. I'm not gonna spend in on airsoft stuff.

First I'll pay my parents back. They helped me out when I bought my macbook pro for graphic design school last year and I still owe them a couple hundred bucks. Then I'll go out to a restautant tomorrow and invite a friend or two. I'm gonna get a wakeskateboard, wakeskateshoes and spend the rest of the cash on wakeboarding, wakeskating and also singing classes. :)

Archived