New ICS Grenade Launcher

Markom5a

It's not that difficult.

The biggest single piece is the cylinder itself - easy to remove, only a few screws are holding it.

You can just grab and slide off the stock.

Seperate the two parts of the weapon - front and back end - by unscrewing all screws at the rear end of the upper shaft.

The grip is held by a single screw.

Hope this helps - I was able to almost completly disassemble the gun within 15 minutes.

Do not give up!

I've tried this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyDDJElmCU&feature=related

Didn't worked at all.

As mentioned before, grab the whole adjustment lever and pull it down! Not just pull it from one direction as seen on almost all videos, try to hold it where the pin is and pull it down. You need to pull down around 7-9mm and then you can turn/twist the lever sideways and this prevents the adjustment lever from going back.

• 1 month later...

After a few months of tinkering my MGL is finally completed.

I decided to go with a "Nato"-like color as I don't have any desert uniforms and all of the the fields here are mainly dense woodlands. The only part which was replaced is the stock. The hardest part of the whole project was the handguard painting issue mentioned before, and also painting the numbers on the cylinders wasn't trivial.

Creating this MGL-140 replica was really fun and to be honest doesn't required such a big effort - I can recommend at least a simple paint job for everyone's MGL!

I quickly took a photo just before the varnishing process - this shows the weapon without optics and sling, along with a bandolier stuffed with goodies :)

MGL_medium.jpg

The MGL is now in the hands of my friend Trasher, who will shoot a few high-quality photos about the weapon :)

Edit:typos.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived