Airsoft Turning to Paintball

renegadecow

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bloody true Azubi, my favourite site at the moment is a fairly bland woodland by current standards, but the people who run it and play there are great guys so I always have a really enjoyable day.

I think the increasing danger is not airsoft becoming less simulation, but infact airsoft becoming more pretentious and elitist. Virtualy all the 'milsim' events I've been to have been completely normal games of airsoft, the only difference was that a slightly larger number of the players had snotty attitudes. Unnecessary expensive kit and some pseudo-millitary nonsense you've gleaned from watching hollywood movies and call of duty does not make for a good game and frankly doesn't make it any closer to the real thing either!

I'd love to see something aproximating a military simulation (i'm sure it exists somewhere in the country) but my point is that it doesn't make the participants better than anyone else so they shouldn't get too far up their own chuffs about it :)

youve hit the nail on the head there for me and my team there mate.

Im fairly new to Airsoft, been playing about 6 months and i have to say one of the reasons i didnt go Paintball is i wanted the more tactical game with more realistic kit, the idea of bolting a bottle to your gun and feeding BB from that makes me rather sad.

On the flip side I wouldnt want to see Airsoft becoming elitist, the site i play at isnt particularly amazing due to local vandals and yobs but the people there are great and we all have a good time, which imo is what its all about :)

The last time I was out an opponent thanked me for double tapping him in the chest instead of lighting him up full auto. It's really tricky in the US, where the majority of players are teenagers with their parent's credit cards, and half the the serious players think reasonable FPS limits are an attack on their personal freedoms.

I think the increasing danger is not airsoft becoming less simulation, but infact airsoft becoming more pretentious and elitist. Virtualy all the 'milsim' events I've been to have been completely normal games of airsoft, the only difference was that a slightly larger number of the players had snotty attitudes. Unnecessary expensive kit and some pseudo-millitary nonsense you've gleaned from watching hollywood movies and call of duty does not make for a good game and frankly doesn't make it any closer to the real thing either!

The difference between Milsim and normal games is having the mindset and attitude to applying military planning, management, discipline and order, into what is otherwise a typical "Start here, Objective there" game.

I agree with your point, milsim players tend to appear to be elitist. You have a large proportion of "milsim" players who don't know what military experience truly is, some dolls up with the most updated gear, while others shouts abuse and barks commands without any proper planning SOPs and etc. Then you have those who know what the military experience is, who are passionate about bringing half-arsed scenario based airsoft to another level (in the end they have something to prove I guess) and these people dislike those who stand in the way. Both groups tend to come off as arrogant.

But this point is true regardless - The ONLY way airsoft will progress long term as a global sport or for players in airsofting organisation is through well planned/directed games, and the most experienced planning is by simulating the military. I stress "simulating" because we do play with 6mm BBs, that and much of military ethos is age old BS, and having to deal with those types of attitudes is never fun.

While individuals have a choice to chose which types of games to go, bearing in mind that if no one puts in their best effort into improving the game, you will never get much out of it and it ruins fun for others. That unfortunately is the nature of airsoft...hence why Milsim is the ONLY way forward.

While spamfests are fun, for countries with small population its quite limiting in choice of game style if the majority prefers spammage. In a larger country there are so many players one may perceive more choice, but the spamfest games induces ideas into those smaller countries, limiting their choices and their progression in their sport. In the end nothing changes an no one goes anywhere.

While spamfests are fun, for countries with small population its quite limiting in choice of game style if the majority prefers spammage. In a larger country there are so many players one may perceive more choice, but the spamfest games induces ideas into those smaller countries, limiting their choices and their progression in their sport. In the end nothing changes an no one goes anywhere.

Laws and Public Opinions within the country, no matter how large or small a country it is are also deciding factors. In the US, UK, blah blah blah we have alot of freedom to dress up how we so wish at a skirmish. We can get a 1:1 replica of our favourite assault rifle or GPMG. We are not so much going to get hassled by the authorities or dog walkers (worst group of nosey bastards ever) as some other countries that have banned the wearing of any sort of military uniform items outside of active duty. It doesn't matter if it is the home nation's uniform or one from halfway round the world, it would still see you in trouble, on a private field or not.

Likewise, if you look at Saudi Arabia or The Netherlands, you can't legally have RIFs. Did I dream it recently that our NL brothers have had their first legally approved airsoft AEG introduced? Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, firearms are everywhere, registered or not, but a toy gun is very serious *suitcase*. You will get a baton piercing your ringpiece and you will be facing a long stint in a Saudi prison.

Basically, what I am saying with these couple of examples is that it isn't the game type that limits the sport. It is more external factors such as laws, public opinion and available locations that dictate the type of game that can be played. If all you have is a little plot of land the size of an acre or so, you can't do the whole tactical milsim type play. If you have 60 acres or 600 acres then you can. If bringing in tactical gear is ropey as, they you can't all get kitted out like the USMC in full Fallujah battle rattle.

I've started playing airsoft in the Philippines, and since its legal there.....and everyone plays airsoft there...theres so many events every weekend this is just one kind of event...and since its a competition probably with a trophy, a prize or money sponsored by some politician for publicity its the only type of event that can be properly monitored by marshals and be easily organized and be finished in a day, some speedball paintsoft sometimes dont hurt no body nowanamean.....also it gets tiring playing in huge jungle fields crawling and climbing trees that take 1 hour to finish...but that bottle well i guess just like them bottle silencer adapters, its just for *suitcases* and giggles, I'm sure they ain't that poor to be that ghetto haha

Shocking people having fun in a way not approved by you lot.

Merry Christmas!

Personally I can see the advantages of paintballers moving to AEG's. If it actually TAKES over from paintball then maybe people won't like at me like I'm a crazy person when I say I am an airsofter...

To be honest I have played at urban sites that look a lot like that, except with geardos instead of aeg-ballers. The mentality is exactly the same...

Well obviously guys, the new thing is to do CoD styled ######, that's what the newer players do.

I could just see a young player asking a more experienced airsofter,

"I got 3 kils, how do i call in uav?"

My regular site is very good in terms of general atmosphere and fun, and the regulars play well and fairly, but recently I have noticed lots of other teenagers coming and discussing their K/D ratio at various points in the day, which is slightly depressing that even in simple Saturday attack/defend games that's all they're thinking about...

I reckon if there were some magical way of knowing what my airsoft K/D ratio was it'd be bloody awful. Probably because (as in many online FPSs funnily enough) a lot of the games I play I get unlimited regen, or when hit go on to the other team; so I really couldn't care less how many times I'm killed. Even when playing video games I find as soon as I start worrying about my kills/deaths it totally spoils the fun of the game, so when I'm on the skirmish field I just get stuck in to trying to take the objective, and if I'm pinged well it's a quick walk back to the regen point.

Sigged if you don't mind

Archived