KJW 10/22 GBB

Crazybob79

Think I remember seeing pics. of the TK one disassembled. The inner barrel

didnt extend all the way to the end of the outer barrel, probably because

of JP fps laws.

If its the same with the KJ, a longer inner barrel might be in order.

That is if santa and my bank can cooperate and get me one! :rolleyes:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After what seemed like forever, my 10/22 finally got here. Came in New Years Eve, but my internet at home's been down, so I haven't been able to post up.

Initial thoughts: Gun seems very well put together. Very solid, nice finish, etc. First 1" or so of the barrel screws out, presumably so you could add a longer barrel or a suppressor. The piece that covers the threads so you can add a standard suppressor seems to be glued on. All front rails and top rail are easily removable, and are made of a very sturdy plastic. Top rail is actually a two piece design, so you can have a shorter top rail on it without having to cut it down. I'm guessing the M4 pistol grip is swappable with real steel pistol grips. As I'm typically not big on Armalites, I have no stocks/grips to try out on it, so I'm not entirely sure.

And the big question everyone's been waiting for... Real 10/22 stocks are not a drop in fit. The KJ model has a sizeable tab out the back a screw goes through. Any real stocks will have to either have a notch cut in them for that tab to fit or the tab will have to be cut out. The barrel is also larger in diameter than stock 10/22's, meaning you'll have to enlarge real steel 10/22 stocks and barrel bands. Not exceptionally hard, but still something nice to know.

Highest fps shot I've had so far is 384 fps with .25's. Lowest was 360fps or so. Internals seem to be of very nice quality, although I haven't done much taking apart so far. The loading nozzle is made of metal and seems of good quality. Blowback is crisp and smooth, with the only problem being the gun occasionally locks back when there are still rounds in the mag.

Magazines are nice and sturdy, hold 23 rounds, and feed great. One of my magazines was not sealing when I got it, but after taking it apart and adding some teflon tape and lube, it's working fine. Fill valves are nice and quiet, with no gas leakage.

Overall, I really, really like this gun. Definitely glad I got it. I'll be letting everyone know how the conversion of a real 10/22 stock for it goes. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about it!

-Andy

Range and accuracy are pretty good. Nothing absolutely phenomenal, but then again, it's a stock GBB. Hitting a measured 173ft with .25's, albeit not every single shot. Looking on RA Tech's site it appears they're making a tightbore for it, so that would probably help things as well.

Modding a real stock to it proved to be much more of a hassle then I'd expected. Well, had to dremmel out a tab in the back of the receiver, then add a bolt hole there. The receiver on the 10/22 was longer than on the stock, so I had to dremmel the front grooved part of the stock another 1/3 inch or so forward. Enlarged the part where the barrel has to sit, as this has a bull barrel and the real one does not. Cut a loooot out where the barrel band sits and trimmed down the barrel band in order for it to actually fit the 10/22's barrel. Ended up being able to do this in about a day with results that I was satisfied with.

Finished gun:

100_0695.jpg

Archived