Airshooter MP5-A4

not sure if reviews are allowed so if not - feel free to move or whatever

my mp5-a4 finally arrived so without further ado....

initial impression - as i took it out of the box it felt solid and heavy, although there is something rattling inside. comes with 6 rechargable AA batteries, charger, silencer, and 1000 0.12 BB's (coutesy of airshooter). being my first AEG i have little to compare it to, although hilariously the picture on the box is of the tokyo marui model :D

as far as looks go, i cant complain. its obviously an mp5, although it does look plasticy. being plastic, hardly a surprise

the batteries are housed within the magazine, which doubles up as the charger. the charger makes an odd buzzing sound when plugged in and gets very hot very quickly.

the bbs are housed in one of 2 ways. the breach can hold 35 BB's, or, the included hopper can hold 1000. yes, it looks stupid. yes, it makes it look like a toy. but 1000 round capacity is a lot, especially for a submachine gun

the silencer - i cant tell you about, as i havnt been able to fit it. the barrel of the gun has a cap on which will not screw off. the manual is completely naff so no help there - ill have to email airshooter. barrel length is 7.5" including silencer so i would hazard a guess that accuracy is improved with it on

the fire selector has safe, single, and auto, although sometimes it just stays in auto for whatever reason. fine by me but means that even with the safety on the gun can still fire. which is worrying

as far as power goes, i have little to except a couple of springers i have. the test is no more accurate than shooting myself in the leg. i would estimate that the power is somewhere around0.5 - 0.6 joules, which i am guessing equates to around 180-200 fps.

its impossible to compare this to a quality AEG - its not upgradable and is definately no use for serious gaming. however, depending of course on laws and regulations, there would be nothing to stop you and friends having a skirmish with these. i know some people should have the new CYMA MP5 arriving shortly - the only real alternative to this.

in summary - this is not a serious aeg. but, it isnt meant to be. its a fun little plinker, that is fine for use indoors and is accurate enough to shoot targets with. plus, better to wear the motor out on this than on a real AEG

COST - 8/10. cant argue for less than 40 pounds, and im sure they can be picked up cheaper

RELIABILITY - N/a. havnt really used it enough yet, although there are some issues with loading that have annoyed me already

POWER - 6/10. for price cant argue but will never be enough for a woodland skirmish. could be stretched to a CQB

OVERALL - 7/10. good fun for next to nothing

pictures to come

Looks not bad for the price, not really keen on that hopper though lol

Any chance of a couple more pics? wouldn't mind one of it like the last picture, but just on a plain background like your bed. Also a closer up picture of the body where the selector switch is would be appreciated :)

Cheers for those pics though :) Any luck with the silencer yet?