ECHO1 M28 Sniper's Rifle

DRAGON64

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by cazboab, October 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by cazboab, October 30, 2012 - No reason given

Its a free website. once money comes in, things can look better. My main goal is to have a website for my pistons, then make sales, then make it a prettier website,lol.. :D

Ok everyone, here we go. I am ready for orders for those who are willing to buy now, and wait about a week for me to ship. I am needing to buy materials to get this going. Now for the prices!RR8.gif

What would YOU like to see our standard pistons cost? This is all aluminum "6061" No delrin ring, it would be aluminum. Of course not the pad and O ring,lol..

I think I wanna hear what a few of you guys say about pricing, just so I can make sure were on the same page. I do have a price in mind, just wanna see what you think first.

I am thinking that those who are willing to trust me on this by paying now, me getting the materials, then making this "I plan for this coming weekend" then ship monday.

• 3 weeks later...

This may have slipped through the cracks, but Echo1 is working on something rather exciting. In the video I have linked to, Brian, the lead tech at Echo1 USA, is repairing a dreaded slam-fire issue with an M28 by replacing the trigger sear first, and next the piston... but later in the video he replaces the complete trigger group and piston with a 90 degree trigger group and piston that he says Echo1 will soon be carrying... granted, this video was posted in May, and there is still no mention of the products release, but maybe there is some light on the horizon for the M28 and better components Here is the video:

http://www.brianatecho1.com/videos/h...-vsr-10-parts/

Now, this is not to take away from independant mfg's that are trying to get products on the market... I'm merely trying to keep abreast of the latest offerings for this platform.

• 2 months later...

Time to breath some life into this thread.  Just recieved my echo 1 m28 from airsoft GI yesterday as a winter project and was curious about the Matrx cylinder kits and PDI V trigger systems.  Perhaps one of you can answer it.  From what I have been reading online the Matrix kit fits into the echo 1 m28 but with the fact the kit is set for a 90 degree sear and the stock or most upgrades are 45 degrees it screws up the piston.  Now i have heard that you can put in the PDI V trigger set which comes with a 90 degree sear will that solve the problem of the piston blowing out and all our upgrade issues? 

• 2 months later...

New poster, new to airsoft, new rifle, starting to fiddle. Have read this front to back, and thank all of you for the most useful set of info on the M28. It's shocking (or maybe not ;)) how much cruft is out there. :)

Anything besides the (seemingly) crappy stock hop up unit out there? I would much rather plop in a precision unit rather than fiddle/guess. I've got a tightbore I'm going to try (Madbull 6.01mm @ 509mm length), and will wait to throw it in if there's any hope of a higher-quality unit.

I believe I was sold a Snow Wolf M24 advertised as an M28 ... other than the mag-well location (barrel vs. stock ... who cares?), and one barrel support (white) instead of three (blue) (that's pissing me off a bit), anything else different between these variants? Oh, and my initial "I've been had" giveaway was that it has an OD stock. Should I be ###### off and demanding a (partial at least) refund, or who cares because they're essentially the same rifle?

Of course I've already done the 35mm film can cylinder mod and the o-ring double-up mod! Swapped the scope rings for higher rings, added some flip caps.

My rifle is used (I don't even think the guy I bought it from knew that it's not an M28), and the best work I did was tearing it down completely (to do the can and o-ring mods) and rebuilding it, lubing, teflon-taping, and thread-locking along the way. Every single screw on it was too loose! Initial chrono and dial in this weekend, will report back.

The two rifles are not the same.  The Snow Wolf is a rebranded Javelin, or vice versa.  The Echo 1 is the same as a SWS X28.  Magazines are not cross-compatible, and other internal parts too, I'm pretty sure.

There is a tan version of the M28 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9921 so stock color is not a hard-and-fast identifier.

As far as I am aware, there is still no after-market hop-up unit that works.

The company, so far, that's showed most interest in the M28 is Speed, from Canada. http://www.speedairsoft.com/

Indeed ... but I thought the rifle was an M28 at mag purchase time. :) Ah well, live and learn! They do work, they take a bit of muscle, and it's quite tricky getting them back out (instead of them popping out like they are supposed to). Thanks again, this is good stuff.

I suppose an AirWolf/Javelin M24 mag would prove it, eh? Hmm.

Archived