Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Looks awsome Druid! Very jealous!

And all paid for with the sale of a couple of un-used AEG's ! was looking at my collection couple of wks ago and thought to my self "I'm not going to use most of these again" I just love my TM EBB's so much my other Gatt's just leave me feeling flat so arn't going to be used again so I sold some off ( no way I could have afforded it eny other way !) . Have to say as well mate I've only had it a few days now so only had a small play around with it , but if the TM EBB's are the next gen of airsoft guns then this is next gen 4.1 . To me it feels crisper and has more of a snap to it than my Socom or Sopmod . If you can find a way of getting the money together to get one I'd say do it , definitely worth a punt !

And all paid for with the sale of a couple of un-used AEG's ! was looking at my collection couple of wks ago and thought to my self "I'm not going to use most of these again" I just love my TM EBB's so much my other Gatt's just leave me feeling flat so arn't going to be used again so I sold some off ( no way I could have afforded it eny other way !) . Have to say as well mate I've only had it a few days now so only had a small play around with it , but if the TM EBB's are the next gen of airsoft guns then this is next gen 4.1 . To me it feels crisper and has more of a snap to it than my Socom or Sopmod . If you can find a way of getting the money together to get one I'd say do it , definitely worth a punt !

Actually I'd need the money and UKARA! stupid rule, last one i had ran out nearly 2 years ago now. Havnt even thought about a new AEG until the Scar came out. I think I could probably scrape the cash together with a few sales.

Where did you buy from? fire-support!?

Any plans for it?

yeah im in the same boat as number 5, didnt even think about ukara untill wanting a scar lol

never been a fan of the scar simply becuase eveyone i knew had one, but honestly once you use the tm scar is just amazing. The bolt on the front moving i think it gives that extra sensation of kick.

You guys should try it with a stronger motor in as well :D lovellyy

Any one wanting to try the recoil guns out but wasnt an m4 fan should try this, this once it gets out there a little will be as popular as the sopmod

Any one wanting to try the recoil guns out but wasnt an m4 fan should try this, this once it gets out there a little will be as popular as the sopmod

NO ! I like being a member of an 'exclusive' club :-)

I was in the same UKARA boat as well Rich , had to go through a hell of a palavour to get it , really a pain in the a**e the way some retailers won't sell unless your on the swindle list , I could have produced a list the length of my arm to cover my defence to buy ! But I digress as I said to 5 I really fee it's a step up from it's pre-seders (M4 based , I've never fired either the AK or G36's) and with the three I have now (the Scar for modern , Socom 'old school' M4 and my Sopmod as my CQB) until TM bring out new models , M14's or what ever I honestly can't see me using or wanting any thing else as my other guns leave me feeling flat .

Edited by druid799

So entlement, what the range and accuracy like of out of the box scar?

Is it on par with a SOPMOD/SOCOM? I presume it's the same hop unit?

I'd say at least the same if not marginally better . wether that was down to weather conditions I don't know or not , but I shoot all my guns in the back garden (I have woodland behind me so no nosey neighbours to complain ) garden is 41mtrs long and there's a 7ft block wall at the end just about head Height there's a red house brick in it so perfect firing range ! first use 'quick fiddle ' with the hop and I was consistently hitting the brick round after round . So yup I'd say the range and accuracy was there !

Edited by druid799

its almost an identical hop unit for some reason the hop arm is a two peice deisgn.

I would buy an mp5 if they made one :P

not sure how that would work though with the recoil unit but id love to see them try ....

It really all depends on battlefield 3's success and what guns are popular in that. Thats what will get made next.

The dilemma i'm facing is that I have a Magpul Masada (which I really like)....so should I sell it and get a SCAR...but if i'm being honest, I like the look of the masada over the scar... kinda sucks doesn't it...

But that aside, I need to hold one of these in the flesh.....before I part with cash... mmm

I was in exactly the same situation mate , I had an A&K Masada never ever let me down absolutely loved it , but once I started using EBBs I found my 'ordinary' AEGs were just leave me feeling flat (the real AEG killer for me is the mag lock when you've fired the last BB) and after some hard thinking decided to let the Masada go as it was just not getting used and probably not going to be used again so I reluctantly sold it so it would be used , waste of a good gun other wise . Put the money towards my Scar and I'm really glad i did , awesome doesn't cover how good the Scar is ! Love it . So my two penneth worth is do it , you won't regret it .

• Like 1

The dilemma i'm facing is that I have a Magpul Masada (which I really like)....so should I sell it and get a SCAR...but if i'm being honest, I like the look of the masada over the scar... kinda sucks doesn't it...

But that aside, I need to hold one of these in the flesh.....before I part with cash... mmm

Am I the only one who thinks the Masada and SCAR cosmetically look pretty identical? Just throw a Magpul grip (don't forget the metal base) and some pMags (Magpul PTS said by the end of this year, though I'm starting to wonder if they'll hit that mark) and you got a sort of Masada looking gun haha.

Edited by akiraspeedstar
  • Like 1

I was in exactly the same situation mate , I had an A&K Masada never ever let me down absolutely loved it , but once I started using EBBs I found my 'ordinary' AEGs were just leave me feeling flat (the real AEG killer for me is the mag lock when you've fired the last BB) and after some hard thinking decided to let the Masada go as it was just not getting used and probably not going to be used again so I reluctantly sold it so it would be used , waste of a good gun other wise . Put the money towards my Scar and I'm really glad i did , awesome doesn't cover how good the Scar is ! Love it . So my two penneth worth is do it , you won't regret it .

You know I think I'm coming round to wanting to buying one!!!!

Still wanna see one in the flesh though.

LoL "I can stop when ever i want , i'm not hooked , i can control it ! " ;-)

"It's not like I'm using," Megalo heard someone say, as he shouldered his way through the crowd around the door of the thread. "It's like my body's developed this massive EBB deficiency." It was an Airsoft voice and an Airsoft joke.

I know it's kinda off topic and we should go back to talking about the SCARL but as with the SOPMOD it's all about the love affair with the EBB and the new hop units. Look at what 3rd party suppliers are doing to the sopmod/Socom range. I makes you onder if they will design products for the SCARL too or whether it's just too niche?