Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

let me think ; buy a Scar or a PTW , Senario 1 ; spend the day scurmishing with big grin on face . get home , clean said Scar put said Scar away till next scurmish . OR Senario 2 ; buy PTW spend day scurmishing and worrying is it going to make it to the end of the day ? Get home , attempt to fix whats gone wrong with said PTW (and we all know it will happen) ? i know wich way i"d be leaning ;)

Edited by druid799
  • Like 1

DO NOT BUY A PTW. anyone who says their PTW is awsome/excelent/has not had problems/does not have problems/etc is a lier.

At a very serious milsim game recently a guy popped around a corner and opened up towards 3 of us stacked on a wall from about 10m's away. I side stepped, drew my p226 and picked him off only for the guy to say sarcastically "Didnt I get any of you then" (as he assumed we'd all been hit of course with his super machine) and all of us calmly replied 'NO' safe in the knowledge that none of us had felt a bean and had it been a real firearm all the shots would have gone wide and the gun jammed and exploded killing said 'operator' (at least if systema made real firearms)

Seriously thoyugh, PTW's are expensive to buy, expensive to improve out of the box, expensive to maintain and so tempremental they should be nicknamed 'precious' and they aint even that good.

TM sopmod (or other TM EBB), eagle 6 spring and your sorted. when the Raptor comes out for it it will literally be 10 times better than what a PTW promises (and does not deliver) as apposed to the already 5 times better it currently is.

Just my opinion of course :blow:

When you already have a TM EBB M4?

Honest medical inquiry: Has someone twatted you up 'round the head with any sort of hard object recently? :huh:

CK Lol.... Must be the tequila I'm drinking on vacation and all the hot sunshine that's making me loopy...lol

You guys are right. It was a silly notion I had. I asked a few questions on the PTW forum and I guess the PTW users were rubbing me up the wrong way....and I got led astray. I just gotta get my mods put into the sopmod an then see how it performs...

I can't remember if it was asked on this thread or if it was asked elsewhere but someone was asking if Echigoya was going to make a heavier recoil unit for the SCAR-L the way they made the SURUS for the Sopmod. He felt the standard TM-SCAR-L's recoil weight was heavy enough and it wouldn't make sense to make a heavier recoil weight as it'll weaken the mechbox. So for now, it looks like the kick of the standard TM-SCAR-L is all you'll get.

I have not felt the recoil of a Scar (real or TM) but the Real Scar is supposed to have a very managable Recoil (read low) so perhaps its more prudent to stick with what the TM already has (even though it wont be near to the RS;) )

although if (actually: When) I get a Scar L I'll probably want a heavier recoil! :D

Shame making the recoil heavier would put the gearbox in jepardy. Perhaps when/if Laylax release a reinforced GB we could have heavier recoil!?

I did inquire bout the a reinforced GB but it seems this time TM has got a patent on the Recoil Engine GBs. Presumably that the patent is local Japan rather than international so locally at least, it's somewhat of a showstopper for others to copy (and improve) the design without paying royalties to TM.

Does it really need more recoil that much ? Have to say mines got a very nice 'snap' to it as is . Can't help thinking if your going to want more recoil in it I'd say "go gas" and swing towards the WE Scars , it's easy enuf sticking the replacement recoil engine in the Sopmod/Socom's but when your start talking about basically completely re-building the internals of the Scar I think is there really that much point ? The TM is such a sweet gun as is . Just my two penneth worth . :-)

Everyone set your faces to stunned!

Check out the news threads and/or the TM web page and see what they will be releaseing next..... try not to explode in you pants immediately.

SCAR-H!

It's like I made it happen with my mind.

Now watch Marui not come out with lower receiver conversion kits for us existing SCAR owners :P

Now watch Marui not come out with lower receiver conversion kits for us existing SCAR owners :P

I'm not sure the lowers are interchangeable between calibres. Far as I'm aware, the upper used on the H is of different dimensions to the L, similar to the difference found between AR-10 and AR-15 variants.