Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a TM CQBR and really impressed with it, only thing i am not too happy about is the shiny pistol grip.

Does anyone know if a standard MOE pistol grip will fit straight on?

Thought best to ask before i buy one and it does not fit.

Many thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not, there would have to be some major dremeling for that to work, there's a picture of the difference in grips towards the beginning of the thread. AFAIK nobody's tried to mod a MOE grip to fit on as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

elanaiba is correct. I've got 2 PTS MIADs and a PTS MOE across my SOCOMs.

Put the metal base plate on there and you're good to go, no problems at all.

Any idea where I can get hold of one of these? I've been wishing to install a new pistol grip for a while now...

edit- the base plate that is, not the grips I know they're available all over...

ta.

Edited by hardboiledcop

thanks for the help..

earlier in the thread someone compared the moe/miad grip with the tokyo marui grip and said a lot of machining would be required to make one fit. Did you have to dremel them for the sopmod too?

cheers.

AFAIK you would only need to dremel the grip if you wanted to fit it to the SCAR series.

I see you went for the SCAR in black, I wanted one in black too, but everyone tells me to get one in Tan or else I'd regret it...? Did the Scar-H not appeal to you?

Yeah, I usually don't like guns in Tan/Dark Earth. Mainly because it doesn't match my DPM or black loadouts (and I never play in the desert?). The TM Scar is the first gun I've really liked in tan, I was so close to ordering it that colour. Then I just thought, I'm more likely to regret it in tan, I know I like my black guns, and it'll match any loadout I use.

And no I don't see the appeal of the Scar-H to be honest. Slightly bigger, with different shape mags..so? With the L is big enough for long range, but not so big you can't use it in CQB, and most importantly, I prefer M4 mags and this way I can share mags with my TM Sopmod.

If I switch to Lipo.. I'll need a Lipo charger :( lol

And I don't wanna burn my house down...

If I switch to Lipo.. I'll need a Lipo charger :( lol

And I don't wanna burn my house down...

Then stop using your Nimh/Nicd battery charger which is prone t over heating and fire ;)

seriously though, with all the built in safety gizmos on Lipo chargers you aint gonna set any thing on fire unless you want to. Lipos are much better and easy to maintain, dont believe the rumour mill!

Yeah, I usually don't like guns in Tan/Dark Earth. Mainly because it doesn't match my DPM or black loadouts

And no I don't see the appeal of the Scar-H to be honest. Slightly bigger, with different shape mags..so? With the L is big enough for long range, but not so big you can't use it in CQB, and most importantly, I prefer M4 mags and this way I can share mags with my Sopmod

Ok! Exactly the same reasoning that I had in mind too... Will have to see them up close and finally decide if I go black or try out the tan!