Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

Ok! Exactly the same reasoning that I had in mind too... Will have to see them up close and finally decide if I go black or try out the tan!

Well if your ever around the midlands First & Only sites send me a message :)

Also noticed that the upper on the tan looks a different colour to the rest of it under direct light.. and i'm just picky!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Akira: Did you have any issues with feeding? And am I right in saying that in the long term a MOSFET would be required if I were to run 11.1 battery?

My PTW uses has an 11.1 Lipo in the stock and the trigger response is mad - very snappy. If I could replicate that in a TM recoil gun, maybe even with the same battery, that would be another obstacle out of the way on my decision to invest in a next gen Marui (which I know is going to happen sooner or later).

Just came back from my first skirmish using the scar-l, and one thing I noticed is a few lock ups.

Every now and then the gun would stop shooting (no the mag wasn't empty). I'd have to switch to full auto to clear it, then it would be fine again.

It's brand new out the box, using all new mags. Any ideas?

Oh and for interested people, with no mods it was firing 320 FPS with 0.2's.

Hi,

Looking to pick up a TM Scar-L and just had a couple of questions.

How is everyone finding the reliabilty and performance straight out of the box? Also what type of battery is everyone finding best to use with the rifle in it's standard set up, I guess what fits and gives the best overall performace / reliabilty.

:)

Performance out of the box ; best AEG I've ever owned , I've had ruffly 28-30 AEGs through my hands over the years .

Battery wise I'm running 7.4v 2200 lipo in mine , had to trim a few little bits of plastic in the battery compartment to fit . Plus I've changed it over to a deans ( amazes me that TM still use tamiya's considering how inefficient they are and EVERY ONE changes the connectors soon as they can !)

I've just put a 102.6 x 18.6 x 19mm lipo in the stock of mine and that fit easily, though those are my 11.1v so I don't dare use those in it.

Waiting on a shipment of 105 x 22 x 12mm 1300mah 7.4v arriving so I can test those out and see if they still fit.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering the ARES EGLM fits the gun no problem, you just need to undo the retaining screw on the RIS attachment which can be found by opening up the launcher as if to reload it and looking under the RIS rail, once that's off, attach it to the rifle and then screw the retaining screw back in.

Well just received my new Scar-H, looks like exactly the same gearbox as the L but with the barrel assembly more in the middle of the magwell. Straight out of the box without touching the hop, average fps of 306, with a low of 304 and a high of 309 fps. Looks like with the longer barrel you should be able to fit a 363mm inner barrel in it. Could be a cm or so may be visible in the flash hider but paint the end black and you shouldn't notice it. And one thing..............worth every penny!