Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

20120420_174140.jpg

Got my new fakEOtech sight today. Stuff done to it: deans plugs, lonex next gen aeg metal bushings, shs steel gear set, cut down guarder sp100 spring (shoots 350 fps with .20g bbs), prommy 6.03mm x 341mm tightbore barrel, magpul afg2, magpul ms3 sling. Gun uses a hyperion 7.4v 1900mah 35c lipo. Rof is at 15-16 rps.

• Like 1

Has anyone successfully implemented 3round burst on the scar or the sopmod yet? I was wondering if this was even possible and if so which mosfet did you use?

I have an early version of the burst wizard and I was wondering if i were to hook it up to a next gen gearbox, would it work?

Burst wizard works on the next gen AEG's. Ive tried the King Kong version on the Marui Next Gen SCAR-H and M4 SOCOM. I ran it on my SOCOM for a while. There's no room for it in the scar unfortunately. At least not unless you decide to use a 7.4v 1350mah lipo and rewire the gun...I like my 1800mah lipo so burst wizard in the scar is not gonna work for me.

Burst wizard works on the next gen AEG's. Ive tried the King Kong version on the Marui Next Gen SCAR-H and M4 SOCOM. I ran it on my SOCOM for a while. There's no room for it in the scar unfortunately. At least not unless you decide to use a 7.4v 1350mah lipo and rewire the gun...I like my 1800mah lipo so burst wizard in the scar is not gonna work for me.

thanks for the quick reply! I was wondering what kind of deminsions do you think would fit along with the burst wizard? IE would this one fit? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20422__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_2S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to check about that.

On a side note...buddy made me a rig for the SCAR-H. Its awesome in terms of build quality but I'd like for the rig so the magazines sat higher. He's stuffed with work so my next rig wont be ready for the next 3 weeks.

20120510_143351.jpg

I have Kydex inserts holding the magazines in place. He did include bungee cords as well as pull tabs for additional retention.

Asked him to have my next rig set up so the mag sat higher like on the pic underneath. The bottom 3/4 inch of the rig is excess material if I moved the wedges up so the magazine sat higher on the rig. No buckles on the chest area as per requested. I don't like how the buckles come into contact with the stock when I brace the gun before shooting.

Theres no known replacement pins yet. I'm sure FF will release a locking pin for the SCAR. At worst, you can always find metric screws and a nut to keep the upper and lower together.

Good luck!

20120510_183601.jpg

Mags hiked up about a quarter inch. Bottom of the pouched folded some. 3 long weeks of waiting for the proper rig. This will have to do for now.

Question for the better informed, as far as compatibility goes for gearbox internals can anyone confirm what SCAR-L parts can be used in the H? I'm assuming gear set is a no brainer, but piston, piston head, etc... Much appreciated, this will help me greatly in making my decision to pick one up since they're finally becoming available in Korea

^ that and maybe switching every load bearing part out with Lonex equivalents (I assume the M4 gears work with the SCARs?), change the motor to something torque-y like the Lonex A1 or I think A3 and run a FET in the future (AWS's coming out with next gen FETs soon) and a 11.1v lipo in the stock.

Also run a hard bucking with R-Hop installed (or ER if possible) and you should have an accurate SCAR-H EBB out to 300 feet shooting 0.3g or higher :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its either going to be down to the mags or more likely the bolt stop mechanism at the top of the magwell. You will have to pull the gearbox out and check that the bolt mechanism and more imortantly the spring on it is positioned properly and has the correct movement. If it's the mags check that the bolt stop lever on the back of them at the top is moving freely.

I just got the rest of the mid caps out and tried 4 of them all on drying firing, I'm pretty sure they use to lock after one pull of trigger but now none of them do. Looks like it may be internal as you suggested. Taking these things apart is not really my thing so may contact Fire Support were I purchased it from.

• 3 weeks later...