Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

Well, I figured I may as well join the club and i'm picking up my SCAR L tomorrow.. :)

I went for the L, coz I have about 10 SOPMOD mags so that should save me buying new mags if I had gone for the H.

Other than the looks, am I right in assuming that the L and the H's have the sasme performance out of the box?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Hi,

If your talking about these http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/ln2s35c2200.html then yes they do fit in the Scar-L, I removed the battery guide clip though which just pulls out, they just fit right and will not rattle around.

Also check eBay as last time I bought 2 they were cheaper on there and it was the same seller.

Can't believe the range on the SCARL... pretty good going for a standard out of the box Marui... FPS with hop on is about 305fps..

So onto the upgrades...????

1. E6 M90

2. Prommy 6.03 TB> which length must I order?

3. E6 recoil spring

That should be enuff to take it to bout 330fps I hope?

Can't believe the range on the SCARL... pretty good going for a standard out of the box Marui... FPS with hop on is about 305fps..

So onto the upgrades...????

1. E6 M90

2. Prommy 6.03 TB> which length must I order?

3. E6 recoil spring

That should be enuff to take it to bout 330fps I hope?

Hmm I would watch out with upgrading both the inner barrel and the spring at the same time. True my SCAR-L shoot between 315-320 FPS stock already but after upgrading the stock 300mm inner barrel to a prommy 363mm 6.03(if you have the long outer barrel it goes all the way, if you have the CQC then you need about 263mm inner barrel) I got 335-340 FPS with it.

Not sure about the recoil spring, I tought they only made it for the Sopmod.

It does, have mine now and it's all Eagle 6'd with prommy at purchase. It's soooo handy having nine 30/82 mags for it already. Have noticed that it seems to out range my Sopmod? that's all E6 also? Thought the Sopmod was pretty damned up there range wise, Scar-L seems noticably longer, with a flatter trajectory. No idea why?

Thanks... Saw the post earlier, now that I read through all the posts... :rolleyes:

Played some CQB with the L the other weekend and have decided that the barrel is a tad too long...

May need to fork out of the Laylax barrel, but at $70 plus shipping i'm wondering if it's worth the $...

Suddenly the hacksaw is looking like a viable cheap alternative... :D

Had an unfortuante series of events today with the Scar-L, was mid game and all was fine, all of a sudden the recoil stopped working and the range dropped to about 40% to 50%, changed out the battery and no difference. Got home and tried it again and same thing, no recoil at all.

Any ideas? Most likely wll return to Fire Support as its completly standard and only 5 months old.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain why people are using the Eagle 6 springs in TM Recoil SCARs? Does a standard spring not fit? My SCAR H is about 290fps with a Mad Bull tightbore and I'd love to push it to around 330fps.

Also, has anyone disabled the blowback feature and seen an increase in ROF?

The eagle6 springs are simply shorter aeg springs designed for a better fit in the recoil series gearboxes verses full length aeg springs, the goal was for an over all shorter compressed length, if you want you can buy a stronger aeg spring and cut it too length nothing stopping you doing that, people just like a proper option designed to fit. The scars gearbox is slightly shorter too resulting in slightly higher out the box fps. Tightbores add 10 fps, with all other internal mods potential 3 - 5% gain.. all without changing the original spring.

only mad men disable the blowback... = epic.. but if you have to theres many ways of disabling it, and still retaining the recoil. or disabling both... quickest way is a normal version 7 half tooth piston that will loose you both recoil and blowback.

Had an unfortuante series of events today with the Scar-L, was mid game and all was fine, all of a sudden the recoil stopped working and the range dropped to about 40% to 50%, changed out the battery and no difference. Got home and tried it again and same thing, no recoil at all.

Any ideas? Most likely wll return to Fire Support as its completly standard and only 5 months old.

Hmm firesupport should say no.. in that you have used it for 5 months but i dont know there warrentys..

if range is affected too id be looking straight at the piston teeth for damage..

An Eagle M100 will easily take it over 350 fps, with standard upgrade parts ( bearing spring guide, tightbore barrel etc), to be on the safe side an E6 M90 spring is a better bet. Mine now hits a nice 335 fps consistantly. Take down is very easy but you do need a selection od allen keys and star head keys. Just check the exploded diagram in the back of the instruction book and work from that.