Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

An Eagle M100 will easily take it over 350 fps, with standard upgrade parts ( bearing spring guide, tightbore barrel etc), to be on the safe side an E6 M90 spring is a better bet. Mine now hits a nice 335 fps consistantly. Take down is very easy but you do need a selection od allen keys and star head keys. Just check the exploded diagram in the back of the instruction book and work from that.

Which upgrades have you put into yours? I'd be happy with a consistent 335fps :)

The thing that concerns me is the recoil unit... The SOPMOD unit/gearbox I can take down with my eyes closed but i'm just dubious over taking the SCAR apart at the moment as I'm used to a V2 gearbox takedown...

I thought I had a spare M90 lying around but it turned out to be the E6 M110.... I'm wondering what the M110 would give me? I may pop it in just for a laugh though to check the fps...... May even clip a few coils off it and stretch it to the same size as the original Marui spring and see if I can tune it that way?

Edited by TK4235

It is quite similar to a V2, the think to double check is the putting the bolt release parts back properly (they sit on a peg sandwiched between the 2 gear box halfs. In mine, a E6 M90 spring,bearing spring guide, a 6.03 barrel and a h nub. Runs on a 7.4lipo giving me 3335fps, and a rof of 17-18rps.

On reading the posts about the Eagle 6 springs it got me thinking. My Scar is with Fire Support now and they are going to call me about some upgrades, I was planning to go for a tightbore barrel, upgraded spring and whatever they recommend for relaibility and durability.

I'm not sure what spings they stock and would normally fit to the Scar but should I be really be getting a Eagle 6 spring, what's everyones thoughts?

I actually only know of 1 other company making springs specifically for TM recoil series other than eagle 6 (though now I think on it I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly) so eagle 6 may be the only ones (probably something to do with the japanese 1j limit and most of the world still requiring AEGs to spit plastic death at 400+fps so not loving the recoil series in general, fools!)

either way it's unlikely firesupport will have sourced from the company im thinking of and will either have eagle6 springs themselves or they will cut down regular AEG springs to fit. I'm sure a reputable company such as FS wouldn't put full size AEG springs in recoil guns, I assume they know that's bad... Maybe check?

I did remember correctly. A Japanese Company: ORGA airsoft make an m120 spring for the next gen series. The spring is so high rated due to their concept of a wide bore barrell, 6.23mm, which they claim gives better trajectory when used in conjunction with a good hop ( they sell a slightly modified firefly nub with a tiny metal Bar in it). With the wider barrel you get a drop in FPS= need for higher rated spring.

The limited promotional/test material they have online (vids) suggest its a concept with merit and I know the guys on airsoft mechanics are in agreement that a wider barrel (we are only talking .15mm wider than standard AEG barrel so it isn't as wide as it seems) can be exceptional with a good hopup.

There Is on the whole though a distinct lack of info on it. I know RichardY Had a test sample barrel when this was briefly discussed on the sopmod forum, ever test it Richard?

The main stopping point is the high price tag for an un tested product. Though it's an idea I've been toying with buying into for sometime just to see if it works...

Back to the subject at hand though. Eagle6 springs are easier and cheaper to get :)

Link o Orga for those interested: http://orga-airsoft.com/products-page/orga-spring/magnus-spring/

J

Edited by Number5

yeah still got it here, still in box. for the money it cost i have framed it and put it on the mantle peice.. just not sold on it .. gimick idea for crazy monies.. Any improvments in accuracy are from the hop rubber and nub. If im shelling out that kind of cash it would need to be steel and be truely worth the money involved, not 120 quid for a brass barrel, not even tight bore.. If they would half there prices they could take away the price problem and get a lot more people adopting it just to try it.

dont be drawn in by the hype, people love to rav about something which has a whole page talking about how good it is with a price tag that no one can try it.

Edited by Richard Y
  • 2 weeks later...

20120920_181133_zps765337c4.jpg

20120920_181312_zpse2662162.jpg

20120920_181406_zpsd29554a5.jpg

Final version of the scar-h cqb rig. Pouches are lined with kydex inserts. Pretty much everything about it was thought out to serve a purpose.

Thanks for taking time uploading the guide richard. Btw, do you know what the difference is between the promy m4/ scar and the promy scar specific pistons?

How many guns have you worked on needing just a tappet plate. Ive had a couple of people who needed tappet plate replacements for their recoil shock aeg....

no probs snoopy, hopefully its helpfull

The diff between sopmod and scar piston is the notch is at the front on the scar and back on the sopmod.. or visa versa pretty sure its that way round. theres not much diff between the scar and AK piston notch is in the same postion but its just smaller on the scar for some reason. All would operate a recoil gun its just the blowback which is affected. Best too match to your gun though.

I dont think ive ever used a tappet plate, and its been over a 100 sopmods now i think but i have sold them.. Niether has the workshop to my knowledge they certainly havent asked for any to be ordered anyway. They are hard to source and i try to stock them if they are available though becuase they do sell fairly quick. Its not a common problem that ive seen anyway. Check there guns for sector gear shimming if its really high up it maybe interfering with the tappet plate maybe causing it to fail then again if it was really high it would be into the piston too. bbs as well, make sure they are proper cleaning there barrels. Dunno just trying to think why you might have seen two in a row those are really the only things that can bust umm. Probabaly though just two tappet plates which decided to give up the ghost matey.

• 1 month later...