Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Has anyone got any aftermarket pistol grips to fit? With or without mods

I thought the Factory grip is already the best AEG grips out there. If you compare the SCAR and the M4 grips, you will notice it is slimer (thus closer to Real Steel dimensions) and I feel it is quite comfortable already. Other AEG grips most definitely need modification. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Some after match review here to revive this not so popular topic. LoL.

Brought my SCAR-H to field for consecutive 2 weekends. Played as a support most of the time. One day we were using single shots only, and i emptied around the hi-cap mag in one single 15 mins game. The other day we were using autos. My finger hurts much more than the motor i think. 

Total BB counts for 2 game days are slightly below 10k. No problem experienced on fully charged 7.4V 25C 2500mAH LiPo. I managed to completely drain the LiPo on the full auto game day, and have to steal my friend's bag of BB for resupply.  overall BB count since day one is easily over 30k now.

Internal upgrades are the spring modified from PDI 140(I think) only. Some work was also done internally with a file and lubes reapplied with Tamiya's excellent ceramic grease.I believe the SCAR was designed to be tougher than M4 system, and i guess mine is really a demo for it.

• 1 month later...

I was hoping a Japanese user might be able to assist me (or anyone who is able to!), I recently got a next-gen TM scar, the folding stock "clip" broke after my first game using it.. :(, mind you it was a particularly rough game that involved getting in and out of off road vehicles quickly while being shot at. From my understanding it's quite possible to acquire parts directly from Tokyo Marui for those who are in Japan, and the part I'm after is the SCAR-3, I'd be happy to pay up front including the postage from Japan to the UK with a reasonable "trouble fee".. here's the part I'm after on the manual: http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/12315154/800/Anonymous/Untitled-2.jpg

I also need help acquiring new parts. On my last game I fell with my gun and even tough I didn't hit the ground hard(in fact barely) the folding stock button broke on my gun and the part that keeps it in place(the screw) was lost.

10f3sw4.jpg

What is weird that in my manual it is decribed as part SCAR-71.

24m9l03.jpg

While in the previous post and at the beginning of this topic on the picture it is described as part SCAR-34.

So which one is the right one?

I also need help acquiring new parts. On my last game I fell with my gun and even tough I didn't hit the ground hard(in fact barely) 

ummm... i haven't actually looked at my manual properly, the image i posted was from the internet, I just added the circle.  really strange that they seem to have different codes? anyway, it looks like this gun isn't very robust, atleast compared to the sopmod counter part which I've dropped... fallen on top of... dragged... run into a wall with... and still hasn't shown any signs of breaking

Any insight or advice would be appreciated on my current situation.

When I first got my SCAR-H I installed a 318mm Prometheus 6.04 tightbore, and chronoed between 300-310fps. Last week I installed a soft Firefly bucking and a 380mm Prometheus 6.04 barrel but now my fps is 285fps. Gear box is all stock. Could I have done something wrong during the reinstallation of the barrel to cause this fps drop? My mildly educated assumption was that I should've had a gain in fps, not reduction. 

Any insight or advice would be appreciated on my current situation.

When I first got my SCAR-H I installed a 318mm Prometheus 6.04 tightbore, and chronoed between 300-310fps. Last week I installed a soft Firefly bucking and a 380mm Prometheus 6.04 barrel but now my fps is 285fps. Gear box is all stock. Could I have done something wrong during the reinstallation of the barrel to cause this fps drop? My mildly educated assumption was that I should've had a gain in fps, not reduction. 

Generally in an AEG, the cylinder is calculated for the volume of air required to push the BB out of a stock barrel; That being the case, adding a longer barrel without changing the cylinder can lead to something known as 'suckback' (heh). If I recall correctly, it's where the cylinder has expelled all of the compressed air into the barrel, and because the BB is still travelling it leads to a kind of vacuum effect, slowing the BB down.

You can either try a bigger cylinder (I'll let an expert suggest what kind), or go back to the previous barrel. For what it's worth, longer barrel does't mean greater accuracy - Accuracy and range comes almost entirely from the hop system. Check out a TM detonics for a good example of that :P

I'll give it a shot. My 416 jumped a good 15-20fps just by adding the firefly bucking. I left the cqb length barrel inside. It performed awesome, well visually haha. Back to being a shorty again. Thanks, I'll see what happens!

I didn't think 60mm would make big a difference, but I guess so. To be continued...

• 2 weeks later...

acquiring new parts...

First game-> DAFUQ, where did that happen? It was end of october...

dsc_031409q62.jpg

Mailed several retailer, even marui itself... no reactions... DAFUQ^2

After some waiting time got reaction by ToySoldier -> "may need some time..." 

Okay, no worries, just wait. Couldn't get worse...

After 2 (!) Days -> "I think i can get it!" GREAT

Asking about the price -> "Hm, just sent me USD 15 for shipping from JP to HK and HK to DE" GREAT^2

Waiting another 3 and a half month:

dsc_0210f0p08.jpg

Double the *suitcase*! GREAT^10000000! (faculty!)

After the last game i cleaned my baby, and again: DAFUQ????

Missing the rear sight "tower" (upper part of the aiming device) 

Damn you marui, what happened with you quality? 

about needing a replacement again (but now nothing special as the deflector) i watched into my weapons case and there was the missing part

-> Hell yeah, this baby is making me old!

acquiring new parts...

First game-> DAFUQ, where did that happen? It was end of october...

dsc_031409q62.jpg

Same problem I had, posted on the last page as well, don't think replacements are easy to come by, not to mention it will break again the same way.. I'm working with someone who's going to send me some measurements, which I'll then have some aluminium versions CNC'ed... Marui plastic... surely they could have seen that coming, there are so many bits sticking out on the SCAR they should have used slightly better materials.

*sorry, too excited, responded before reading your full message... lucky you for finding a replacement! I might send them an email so I can get a spare myself, measure it myself to make a metal version..! :D

*double edit* hey that picture you showed from toy soldier looks like a scar-h stock lock.. not the scar-l one, which gun do you have? 

Edited by blobface

Has any one tried any of the rail extensions as yet?

I like the look of the Laylax rail extension, but not sure if they fit onto the SCAR H, has any one tried the PWS version, or is it not compatible?

Later daze

Lee

I have the Laylax rail, to be honest I hate the look of it, so I'll be getting the PWS version later, the way the Laylax version works is it replaces the front rails, so provided they are in the same location with the same screw distances... it should work.. but I have no idea if those are the same. :S

Anyone know were I can find a replacement spring for the anti reversal latch? When I opened my gearbox to install the prommy spring guide I found the AR spring mangled up. I'm pretty sure I installed it wrong when I first installed my eagle6 m110 spring.

The problem now is when I close my gearbox the piston isn't being pulled back. The teeth on the piston and gear are in good condition as well.

With the gearbox open I can spin the gear by hand and it starts to pull the piston just fin tho.

At least i am not the only one who lost the deflector. I still don't know where i knocked it off... *suitcase* happens.

which gun do you have? 

It's a Mk17 SCAR H - but no worries, you are looking for SCAR-3 which you can see on the manual spare part list/ explosion drawing for SCAR-L/ Mk16.

Scar H/ Mk17 manual explosion drawing/ replacement parts list shows a different number for SCAR H deflector (Scar-100).

I was thinking about making a fine casting part out of it... If so i would da around 10-20 of it so it'll be cheaper... Sadly it does not fit Mk16^^

I kinda went f it and bought it anyway, since it's meant to work with WE scar which I also own, the worst is I put it on there if it won't fit the TM SCAR-L, will keep you all updated on here. 

Nice! For once I'm not the guinea pig! haha. Yes please, keep the updates coming. I'm hungry to put one on my SCAR, 1-4x scope looks weird without the RIS extension