Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Will kill it very very quickly .

This based on personal experience? I have searched all over the internet for info on 11.1v lipo in the scar and sopmod and have not come across a single failure and very little info on anyone actually running it other than a few sopmod guys.

Im looking for info from people who have upgraded their gearboxes and actually ran an 11.1v lipo.

Personal experience of knowing two players who've both upgraded there gearboxes with all promi parts and eagle6 springs and bearing spring guides , player ones gearbox totally self destructed on a 11.1v 1600 and player twos gearbox was on the verge of it when he opened it to investigate a 'grinding' noise coming for it .

In 4yrs of playing all over the UK I haven't yet mete a single S'ofter who's successfully run ANY TM recoil guns on a 11.1v batt .

Personal experience of knowing two players who've both upgraded there gearboxes with all promi parts and eagle6 springs and bearing spring guides , player ones gearbox totally self destructed on a 11.1v 1600 and player twos gearbox was on the verge of it when he opened it to investigate a 'grinding' noise coming for it .

In 4yrs of playing all over the UK I haven't yet mete a single S'ofter who's successfully run ANY TM recoil guns on a 11.1v batt .

Do you happen to know more details on their setups? What were the specific failures? What gears and motors were they running?

Why would someone run his next gen with a 11.1v, when he knows exactly (or not) that already with a 8.4, marui next gens have a trigger response as fast as/faster than a china aeg on a 9.4v?

With a 7.4v, you can trigger a stock next gen scar as fast as a systema. Honestly, there's no need to run it with a 11.1. You will just break your gun.

Edited by KyleKatarn
  • Like 1

I agree. 7.4v lipos are more than adequate. The recoil shock system has to be given time to keep up with the gears...otherwise, the systems timing will be off and you end up with gearbox failures. The tm recoil shock series isnt built for super high rof.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not looking for higher ROF.

I just want to know which parts failed from people who have actually used 11.1v lipo. I respect your opinions but they aren't actually helping me. I have a reasonably unlimited budget, so im not worried about breaking things occasionally.

Edited by Jas

Just because you may be able to doesn't mean you should. Again, like Druid ( who is a team mate) been running a Scar L, H and a Socom with 7.4 lipo and seeing other players around the UK using the same. All have said do not run on 11.1 llipo's as the design is not built for it. Mechanically and structurely they are not built for high RoF and it would be a complete waste of money to try. Upgrade if yu want to for reliability by all means but keep it as a 7.4 or 9.6 battery.

Again. I don't care about high ROF. In not trying argue but I cannot accept what everyone is saying about running an 11.1v when none of them have ran one and there is not a single documented failure caused by one. If the design is not built to handle it what can be done to fix that in your opinion?

I think that as long as the cycle rate does not exceed the return rate of the recoil weight and everything is shimmed (steel gears) and AOE corrected I believe that the only things I will have to worry about are the piston teeth stripping and the motor overheating. I may be wrong tho, which is why Im asking for people who have experience.

Eagle6 offers 7.4, 9.9 and 11.1v lipo options for the sopmod. So clearly there are people running higher voltage.

Edited by Jas

Again. I don't care about high ROF. In not trying argue but I cannot accept what everyone is saying about running an 11.1v when none of them have ran one 

For what it's worth, I own both the SOPMOD and the SCAR-L, I've ran the SOPMOD on 11.1v for a little, I pretty much play on semi only as the organisers I go with run an ammo limit. But my reasons for stopping 11.1v was due to the erosion of the contacts, while Echigoya do replacement, it just didn't seem to be necessary. As for the recoil weight not catching up, there are faster return spring available for them, so I don't see that causing any issue, I will be switching to 11.1v for better trigger response (which by the way, isn't bad on a 7.4v) but only after BTC's release for their Spectre mosfet for next-gen v2. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! I didnt know a next gen specific mosfet was being produced.

You're welcome, watch this space. 

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/208323-arriving-march-2013-btc-spectre-fet-for-v2-v3-and-tm-next-gen-v2-gearboxes/

BlackTalon (the designer) is on there, so he's answered many questions before and gives us updates on that thread. I've asked whether the unit would fit the SCAR-L too, and he thinks they "should" work without any issues.. and since I'll be getting one for the SOPMOD, I will put it on the SCAR-L as a test to see if they truly are compatible, I really can't wait, the next-gen platform is great, hard to go back to standard AEG afterwards. 

Evening all,

I am looking for some advice if possible, I must have been unlucky with my Scar L, I have had it for a year now and it's been back to Fire Support 3 times, am still having trouble now. The issue I am having at the moment is the gearbox has been locking up randomly and then it unlocks itself randomly as well. I have no idea why this is happening and am just looking for some advice on what it could be, even Fire Support are stuck for ideas.

If it helps Fire Support did some upgrades a few months ago and the only thing I can think of is they did fit a new spring which wasn't an Eagle 6 spring, could the length of the spring have anything to do with it?

Cheers

Chris

Got my Madbull PWS RIS extension. Sadly, the adapter has its differences. Main issues being that the screw holes aren't threaded and possibly may be too big to be threaded or even accept a thread insert. The bottom rail will not fit because the adapter is too wide to fit the channel so it needs to be filed, not a big deal. Sides need to have shims or wedges put in because they're small. Potential is fantastic, and the basic fitting isn't a horrible problem, but the threading of the screw holes will be the problem.

Hope what I said made sense. Here are some quick photos

Lets just hope madbull makes a Marui adapter

gallery_71826_2028_254215.jpg

gallery_71826_2028_52903.jpg

• Like 1

Evening all,

I am looking for some advice if possible, I must have been unlucky with my Scar L, I have had it for a year now and it's been back to Fire Support 3 times, am still having trouble now. The issue I am having at the moment is the gearbox has been locking up randomly and then it unlocks itself randomly as well. I have no idea why this is happening and am just looking for some advice on what it could be, even Fire Support are stuck for ideas.

If it helps Fire Support did some upgrades a few months ago and the only thing I can think of is they did fit a new spring which wasn't an Eagle 6 spring, could the length of the spring have anything to do with it?

Cheers

Chris

Firesupport like using guarder sp90 springs which are quite long the scar gearbox is actually shorter in length than the sopmod.. not by much but it is .. maybe you should identify which spring it is and maybe its cuasing it to be just to tight in turning over and landing you occassionally in the wrong spot on the cut off.  Like you say you havent done much to it apart from spring and its not like theres a massive problem like this with everyone.. if it walks like a duck etc..

Failing that replace cut off lever and gears and fit an eagle6 m90 and go from there.

Firesupport like using guarder sp90 springs which are quite long the scar gearbox is actually shorter in length than the sopmod.. not by much but it is .. maybe you should identify which spring it is and maybe its cuasing it to be just to tight in turning over and landing you occassionally in the wrong spot on the cut off.  Like you say you havent done much to it apart from spring and its not like theres a massive problem like this with everyone.. if it walks like a duck etc..

Failing that replace cut off lever and gears and fit an eagle6 m90 and go from there.

Thanks Rich, looking back at the invoice from Fire Support they actually completed the following:

Upgraded spring

Upgraded spring guide

Tight bore barrell

Upgraded steel gear set

I'm thinking i might just get an Eagle6 m90 spring fitted just to be safe, is it possible that could help?

Edited by wootley

Evening all,

Well developed a similar problem just before Xmas , only got to see my pet tec today and apon opening the gearbox we discovered that the spring had ridden up on to the collar of the bearing spring guide and was jamming up the recoil weight and it had then ground down some teeth on the piston and gear which was causing the lock up . So now need new gear set , new spring guide and new piston . Not happy one bit to say the least .

And before any one asks yup it was an eagle6 M90 spring (not a cut down 'normal spring') .

Thanks Druid, I'll get this info to FireSupport now as they have my Scar again. It also turns out the spring was never changed so it's running the original spring, hence it can't be the lenght of the spring option.

If you turn anything else up option wise please keep me posted and I'll do the same.