Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Well developed a similar problem just before Xmas , only got to see my pet tec today and apon opening the gearbox we discovered that the spring had ridden up on to the collar of the bearing spring guide and was jamming up the recoil weight and it had then ground down some teeth on the piston and gear which was causing the lock up . So now need new gear set , new spring guide and new piston . Not happy one bit to say the least .

And before any one asks yup it was an eagle6 M90 spring (not a cut down 'normal spring') .

only 300 m90s sold and first problem like this, do you know what spring guide it was with, you said bearing spring guide im assuming its not standard ?

In a scar ? they dont make one that fits to my knowledge. I mean the v3 one might fit at a push but you probably wouldnt be able to screw in the stock screw. But really you need the promy new v1 / 9 spring guide for scar and ak series. Had no issues there. Or the original.. but then ive seen originals break.

Theres always going to be a chance for part incompatibilitys... i dont make there bits and they dont make mine. The diameter of the m90 is wider than the m100 its how i reduced the strength of it.

18 months ago and its only just now cuased a problem.. ? hmmm, if a normal tm gun went that long then broke it would be considered normal lol, hornbill V3 guide... maybe.. those tend to come unbranded V3 spring guides do fit... technically.. from both my experience and other guys on this thread. But laylax made one specifically for New V1 / V9, the scar being a *bramston pickle* child of a new V2 and a New V1 (i truely can not keep up with Version numbers) . Maybe laylax figured something out when making the spring guide that we couldnt see when fitting v3 guides back when scar first came out, that made them create there own a specific version for AK/g36/scar. Heres linky

http://www.eagle6.co.uk/shop/upgrade-part-s/upgrades-aeg/spring-guides/prometheus-spring-guide-new-v1-v9-gearbox.html

As a result of the subtle variations which are being thrown in by TM, now in the next gen iterations.. we cant really rely on Version numbers any longer .. its all gettings a mess to be honest. Im creating a new info section on my site which will consolidate all of the info out there and all of the upgrade parts for each gun specifically in all varitions including colour.

Obviously its easier listing laylax parts to start with simply becuase they are the only company to continually make new parts specifically for new releases of next gen. Ill try slowly roll in the multiple choices and anything you guys want added.

It actually went t*ts up beginning of Dec but its only now I've had the chance to take it to my tame tech (stewpidbear) and he cracked it open last wk (I leave all my tech work to him , I'm a total no hoper at gearboxes) and that's when we discovered what had happened . i think its lasted this long due to the scar not being used every game day , I have a couple of different guns that I use so they all get rotated and due to working shifts I only get to play at best once a mth if I'm lucky and some times i can run 6,7 even 8 wks between games plus I'm not a particularly 'heavy fingered' player so it didn't get used that much ?

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a good idea if you can do it youll have to let me know the results of making an ali version instead of plastic on the stock it pushes agasint over time, if its good i can look into a part on mass my end.

how are you going to colour match?

how are you going to colour match?

It'd probably be similar finish to that steel gas block as seen on that thread, which has a matt black electroplating finish, but I can't say I'd be producing more than half a dozen, it's mainly for myself and someone who can help :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Im sry for this offtopic question, but i wonder if the laylax rail would dit the heavy model asweal? Otherwise i might get the l instead, but im really fond of the H version.

Thanks

I have the Laylax rail on my Scar H, fits really well and looks awesome! Just be aware that when you undo the side rails, the bolts that hold these on are loose and can fall out of place.

Later daze

Lee

I have the Laylax rail on my Scar H, fits really well and looks awesome! Just be aware that when you undo the side rails, the bolts that hold these on are loose and can fall out of place.

Later daze

Lee

Wow! You just made my day!

I took the chance and ordered it all from WGC yesterday so ive been a bit nervous.

Though its called First Company from wgc, i think its the same.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=FF-SMB-SCARHBB&search=special&rs=RIS%20and%20RAS&catid=14&cat=15

What do you think ?

I took the chance and ordered it all from WGC yesterday so ive been a bit nervous.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=FF-SMB-SCARHBB&search=special&rs=RIS%20and%20RAS&catid=14&cat=15

What do you think ?

Quite sure First factory IS Laylax :) 

What do you think ?

Glad to be of help!

I had the same worry when I bought mine. The First Factory part is also sold as Laylax by some of the other suppliers. I had major issues searching for it as under the First Factory brand 

Not the greatest pic, but mine is below!

SCAR H

Edited by lee stephenson
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also can you use a Prometheus Hard Scar Piston with a standard TM piston head.

Yes. 

Dont be surprised if the piston head just spins on the screw inside it tho. The first time I removed my piston head to change the stock spring it came off no problem but this weekend when I tore it down to upgrade to the Prometheus piston I could not remove it since it was spinning freely on the screw.

Any scar original parts needed ? part numbers and descriptions ?

Could be a can of worms this as i hate making promises about tm parts but my lastest supply came through on a whole scar H gearbox sooooo fingers crossed. albiet the most expensive part in the whole world.