Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Picking up a Scar-H in the near future most likely... noticed my intended retailer has had ~14 in stock for a fair while now. Any dangers in picking up what may be old(er) stock and were there any known flaws present in earlier production models that may have been ironed out if I deliberately chose a retailer with 'new' stock?

I'm almost tempted to order from Impulse101 so i can take the opportunity to pick up some spares at the same time.

I hear the stock release button is brittle and shatters quite easily and earlier in this thread I saw some damage to the rear of the bolt (forgive the probably incorrect terminology) but other than that I think all is well. Just making sure before dropping £500 on something!

Edited by Krydel

Stock button broke on my SCAR-L once. It's just a small screw that goes in a small part of the button which isn't made out of a strong plastic unfortunately. If you want to look at it positively you can say that TM faithfully recreated the real steel stock(which was also infamous for easily broken stock buttons). :P I have a SCAR-H too but I never had other problems.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Just as soon as WGCShop come back from their easter break I will have one of these being shipped to me. With any luck, UPS will mess me about less with customs than EMS (well, Parcelforce really) always does.

Then comes an exercise in self-restraint to leave it the hell alone. I'll probably put a tightbore in it, someone mentioned the hop unit is a bit of a pain to disassemble without breaking it, but i'm sure its absolutely fine. 

Anyone got luck with swapping the standard stock with m4 one ? I bought cheap china stock converter but it doesnt work for TM (even thou its for TM according to Evike). It is a cheap copy of VLTOR version but I think original wont work with TM SCAR either. 

Anyone can help ?

K. 

Does anyone know about this model?

http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=TM-AEG-SCARL-BK&search=searchItem&rs=scar-l&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

Specifically is it as long as the "CQC" with just the front adapters like on the 416D?

because it's cheaper then the CQC version.. http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=TM-AEG-SCARLCQCBK&search=searchItem&rs=scar-l&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

but i want the CQC version.. hope that make sense lol

Thank you.

Edited by BioRage

Yeah that's right, I have the non CQC version and ended up having the barrel cut off and re-threaded, I put on a RA-Tech steel front outer barrel WE scar for the days when I feel like using a full size rifle.. 

Great thanks!

Looking at a next-gen, just not to sure what I want yet.. also Canadian mark up :)..

Wonder if I should wait for the rear wired rm4s?

Edit:

The Scar for the next-gen mags cannot be shared with the CQBR/416D correct? Also.. do normal mags catch the bolt lock? Or do you need proprietary mags? I only found 50/50 answers, like sometimes normal mags will lock, but for example PTS Pmags will not make the bolt function lock..

Thanks!

Edited by BioRage

The SCAR-L uses the same magazines as the next gen M4s, 416s. Normal AEG mags won't activate the bolt catch and you also need an adapter for them since the hop-up feed tube is much shorter on the next gens. There are also next gen Pmags(they hold 120 rounds, while the normal M4 and HK mags hold 82) but they have been out of production for a long time now and they are hard to find.

Also there is a changeable barrel length by Laylax.

Edited by Zereck

I own the next gen M4, HK416, Scar and HK417. I'd say the 416 is the best imo. But apples and oranges really, if you want the FN SCAR model, then this is a great option.

(edit. The reason why I think the 416 is the best is because they did a few internal upgrades, mainly added pieces to stablise the gearbox position and the hop unit, while I'm not sure it's necessary, it looks like it makes sense, it also has an ambi switch unlike the M4. The recoil feel of AR style models are much better than the Scar, probably due to the fact that the weight is moving back and fourth right into your shoulder, where as the SCAR's weight is off the center line, and there's a stock and a barrel between you and it, so it doesn't feel as good. )

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

I got to shoot the rifle length one and it is seriously good; I,think the bloke let me shoot it to get rid of me, as I was staring at the thing. He had a sight,I think an acog- it was the same tan only with a kind of pearlescent sheen on it. I never really liked the scar,at all- but I'm now a fan of these things. I also tried the Kris's Vektor and it also has a really strong satisfying recoil,effect - IMO I just don't like the looks. Most guns grow on me but its way too ungainly.

Edit: If I CD get the scar or the 417 I'd have a very tough time deciding - prob the 417 because I love Hecklers and AR's and a H&K ar10 is the finest match since the SIG GSR IMO. Plus I just don't like my g36c- but that's going to be Chris Redfields one from Resi 6. (G36 with scar stock and m4 style carry handle, basically)

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Thanks for the replies guys, I know un-related, but how well are the ERG's for their AK's?

http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail3.php?tabpage=3&search=searchItem&rs=NEXT GEN&item=TM-AEG-AK102&search_From=searchItem

Seems to be very little to zero info on their AK ERGs..

Just want to pick one, but can't decide, they will be roughly the same price here in Canada :|

Just seeing my options, cheers.

Edited by BioRage

Err, I have mixed feelings for their AKs because the cons are more than the pros. They are quite expensive, but unlike other higher end options out there such as VFC / E&L / Real Sword / LCT, they aren't made out of steel due to it being TM, which for me is quite important for AKs.

They also use proprietary magazines, unlike the SCAR / AR next-gen models, do not cut off firing after the last round. The only pro I guess is that it has a little recoil weight above the gearbox, like their next-gen G36, but I'm not sure that one feature is enough to win over the other options on the market with much nicer steel finish body and the ability to use standard AK mags.

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the video. Unfortunatelly it only worked on my 416 piston, when I tried the SCAR's it hust kept twisting but not come off. Seems like I only twist the piston head not the screw.

Edit: well I managed to get it off but I had to enlarge the small hole on the piston head so I could insert a screwdriver in it.

Edited by Zereck

I have owned six Marui recoils now, finally have a 416 coming from the far east, I always recommend putting a 363mm inner barrel into the ones that come with shorter inners (SCAR L, SCAR H, CQB, 416), as I understand it the compression ratio is improved greatly by putting in the longer inner barrel, so a stock gun firing at 280-290fps will get a bump in the fps to around 315-325fps without doing anything else to the internals.

Aye I have a prommy 363mm in both my SCAR-H and 416. By the way I switched the hop-up rubber in my SCAR to a Lonex 50 and after chronoing I got 260 FPS(down from the previous 310-15). Does it not like the Lonex rubbers? I seem to have installed correctly the rubber did not deform in the chamber. I even took the gearbox apart but the compression was fine, swithced the spring too just to be sure. Still 260 FPS.