Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

I don't care....oh wait...my turbocharger is shot and I need a new engine...lol

I'm still waiting in the h myself..I mean what else could you really do to it cosmetically? Suppressor, sights, grip, light.....least we don't need to worry about fitting a new rail system.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

Damn, SCAR-H is going to cost probably $650 when it's released, considering that Echigoya is selling the new RECCE for $668 and it seems the SCAR-H is cheaper.

You think so ? I would have 'hoped' it'll be not a lot much more than the L's $498 , possibly around the Sopmod and CQBs $530 mark ? $650 seams a big jump .

You think so ? I would have 'hoped' it'll be not a lot much more than the L's $498 , possibly around the Sopmod and CQBs $530 mark ? $650 seams a big jump .

Well I'm just looking at the yen rate for both guns and theyre not very far apart. Though the other scars and m4s sell for a lot less then even the yen states, so maybe it'll be cheaper (hoping).

Can whoever gets it first for review please *not* title it "Initial impressions of..." as it's getting hard to tell which is which! ;)

As an aside, I'm wondering if this means we might see a recoil HK417 or SR-25 in future, since they'll essentially have a 7.62 recoil chassis to build them around.

i have upgraded my scar-l with these parts.

prometheus cilinder.

prometheud cilinder head

prometheus piston

prometheus piston head

prometheus air nozzle

and a 100 spring , schoot about 390 fps with that.

so i have the cut my spring a little to get around 340 fps

I don't think the SCAR H will cost that much.

The TM SCAR-L CQC sells for 59,800 JPY (excl. local taxes, as per TM website) and sells on Echigoya for 498 USD, an unofficial exchange rate of 120.

Not exactly in line with a JPY-USD exchange rate of 78.

Going by the above principle, the SCAR-H costs 62,800 JPY (excl. local taxes), then Echigoya should sell it for $525.

It might be wishful thinking though.

As an aside, I'm wondering if this means we might see a recoil HK417 or SR-25 in future, since they'll essentially have a 7.62 recoil chassis to build them around.

I'm not sure on that on, the insides of the AR-15 EBB series are significantly different to the SCAR-L. Once they've made the SCAR-H all they'll have is the magazines, the insides of a HK417/AR-10 variant will have to be constructed very differently to the SCAR.

Edited by CKinnerley